Wild Card Week: Washington Vs. Tampa Bay Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wild Card Week: Washington Vs. Tampa Bay Thread

ok...if he spit, that's a little different. but hitting a player could have questionably been an offsetting penalty.

Oh... he spit in Pittman's face. Stupid move.

From the reports, he spit in someone's face. That's why he got the penalty and the hook.

unifiedtheory said:
If he spit on him then Pittman gets a freebie and Taylor deserves to get kicked out of the game.

ehh. that's like saying Artest should have fought the fans in the crowd. I don't think players should ever get "freebie" hits.

spitting in someone's face is disgusting and insulting, but hitting someone is physically violent.

unifiedtheory said:
It is'nt moot when the Bucs go over the top with Galloway against the safety who took Taylor's spot.

I meant in terms of the drive, as it ended anyway.

Taylor being out will hurt, but the Bucs will still lose this game.

RobFins2005 said:
ehh. that's like saying Artest should have fought the fans in the crowd. I don't think players should ever get "freebie" hits.

spitting in someone's face is disgusting and insulting, but hitting someone is physically violent.

How the hell do0es Artest having someone hit him with a cup compare to a player standing 6 inches from someone and sptting in their face?

If you spit in someone face ON PURPOSE it is the most insulting thing you can do...

Physically violent? It's a football game for christ's sake!

I'm with Pittman on this.

unifiedtheory said:
How the hell do0es Artest having someone hit him with a cup compare to a player standing 6 inches from someone and sptting in their face?

If you spit in someone face ON PURPOSE it is the most insulting thing you can do...

Physically violent? It's a football game for christ's sake!

I'm with Pittman on this.

I just said spitting is insulting. In black and white.

If refs let every player take the law into their own hands, it could get ugly.

If Taylor spit (which we're going on what we heard...it's impossible to see on the television whether he did or didn't) then yea, I can see why he was flagged...but I don't see how players deserve "free hits", especially since USUALLY in the NFL players often get flagged for retaliatory punches, meaning this ruling isn't consistent.

Back
Top Bottom