Wilkins to raiders | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkins to raiders

I get that. My post was in response to calling the Raiders a poverty franchise. In our all-in year from the rebuild this past season we barely beat them, at home after a bye week. Who limps into the playoffs as a 6/7 seed with 9 or 10 wins can/will change every year, I just don't think we have a lot of room to laugh at anybody now that we've claimed Detroit's long-held mantle.

Haha, I know it's bad but I had the same reaction with Wilkins going to the Raiders, 'does this make them better than us now?'

I mean, we barely beat them, LOL.

Cam Wolfe says NFL executives say this’ll be a “reset year” for the Dolphins.

I truly think our offense can be much better in 2024 and if that comes to pass we will still be quite relevant, fun to watch, a likely playoff team and most importantly, on a path to truly competing in '25. Got to get this offense right though now and besides a 3rd WR or depth RB it's pretty much all about the OL.

I don't think there will be any excuses for the offense. It wouldn't be fair to make excuses. You have a QB & HC tandem going into year #3. The team has made more than enough excuses about how great this QB truly is. They've done everything to align the primary pieces and presumably have a DC who's now "on board." There should be 0 turmoil behind the scenes at this point.

There are no excuses to make for goodness sake.

You've got both OTs locked up, one who's a veteran and the other now in his prime. You've got 2 outstanding RBs. You've got 2 outstanding WRs. You've added to the TE room. In all likelihood you'll bring back Isaiah Wynn. At worst, you'll end up with the same C who played most of last year (Eichenberg) and that's if you don't re-sign the primary starter (Williams) who's been very productive.

I can only imagine how mad people would be if this offense failed to perform. OMG...

There should be no excuses. We're so far beyond even hinting as much at this point. If that unit is worth anything like what it's individual parts are hyped up to be, it should be able to carry us a good ways.

Last edited:
For their defense, 100%.
I do not see why there’s all this chatter over 1 big FA. Every team has people walk, scheme can hide a lot of players…the 49ers do not have studs at every position, but they remain competitive due to scheme. This was the patriots for the last ten years of Brady. There’s plenty of competent FAs who can fill most of Wilkins, coupled with a good ILB that doesn’t make a DT run 25 yards Down the field, Wilks presence won’t be of much notice. Hunt is a bit of a different story, but up until the last 4 games of the season the oline was a turnstile and overall serviceable. Wynn came in and was good, as was Lamm. We will be fine as long as the offense improves and doenst stutter. Jesus mass panic here is crazy.

Let's just remember that the new defensive coordinator made a bunch of no names and journeymen into a dominant defensive line last season in Baltimore.

It’s a business. As a 40+ year business owner myself I just don’t see the ROI for Wilkins. He isn’t elite, disappears in big games and isn’t worth blowing up our cap. I trust Grier and our new DC on this. I read somewhere that our DC had four in his Ravens rotation that cost less combined than CW wanted. I’ll take quantity over quality at that position. As usual the stupid Raiders overpaid, just like they’ve done before. This will not play out well for them. Oh yeah, who’s the Raiders QB? Right.

Wait Chubb isn’t a performer now?

What the heck is wrong with this fanbase?
If you think we are getting our value from the Chubb trade and subsequent contract dollars, I would be shocked.

Back
Top Bottom