Wilkins to raiders | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkins to raiders

The Chubb trade was a big mistake in hindsight.
Agreed, it cost us Wilkins. And Chubb cost us the division with his stupid s*** against Tenn, and got hurt AGAIN. He better ball the f*** out this year, no more excuses for him or anyone else on the team.

The DT contracts this season have been comically bad. Chris Jones is a HoF player, but it’s wild to think he will be paid $32M a year for a contract that starts when he is 30.

At no point is his career has Wilkins ever played good enough to warrant the contract the Raiders gave him. I have nothing but respect for him, and I’m glad he got paid by a team in a state with no tax for even more money.

But Sieler is making $10-11M a year and had literally the same stat line as Wilkins last year. Got to be crazy to think he adds 2.5 times the value that Sieler does.

Lol! wouldn't have kept him even if we did have the cap space... That's way too much for what he'll actually bring in terms of Wins and losses...

Man, I knew this was coming and there was no avoiding it, but it still sucks serious ass. Hoping for some better moves and good draft picks later.

$27mm per year, they could have franchised him for 1 year at $22mm and had him at a discount. BUT WE DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY!!!! Thanks Grier!!!!!!!
That's hindsight. His value was projected around 17mil-18mil, he turned down 20mil last year. He wasn't going to sign for less, he was looking for more. We weren't willing to pay him 22mil let alone 27mil. If they really wanted him they would have found the money, they didn't...

Arik Armstead is going to be released. He’d cost half of Wilkins and won’t hurt the comp pick formulas.

I'm not even sure Wilkins was the best DT on the Dolphins roster. It would make no sense to pay him what the Raiders offered. He will be missed, but the sky is not falling.

Still haven't won a playoff game in over 24 years. Making the playoffs is nice but it would be great to win at least 1. Now Grier is going to have to find a way to fill a bunch of holes on the roster with very few draft picks while not having enough cap space to sign more than maybe a couple starting caliber free agents. So not expecting much this season. I guess another 1 and done in the playoffs will make some happy but really does nothing for me.
Grier built (and McDaniel coached) this roster that barely made the playoffs two years in a row. They were lucky to make the playoffs this year and would have been seeded higher if they wouldn't have choked and were able to actually beat the good teams. (Pissing away the #1 or #2 Seed and squeaking into the #6 Seed is NOT the sign of a true contender.)

This roster was unable to beat the good teams, so not one player on this team is truly irreplaceable. That said, maybe a few are decent and inexpensive and are worth keeping around, but IMO the rest of the roster needs to be rebuilt... again.

Back
Top Bottom