Will Boldin Be cut? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Boldin Be cut?

Why would he hold out for a multiple year contract then retire?

For the OP, teams would line up to give a 3rd for Boldin so why cut him. He'll get more but when you have a tradeble commodity you take advantage of that you don't throw it out.

i'm not sure that's the case but by signing a multiyear deal he may have gotten more guaranteed money than if he signed a 1 year pact...plus san fran was hot after him so he could have coaxed them into a multiyear deal and never fully intended to fulfill it...plus kurt had another concussion this year

in the nfl guaranteed money is where it's at from the player and agents standpoint

I guess until someone from the Arizona front office posts on this site...
We will have to wait find out.

even if they bring kurt back if zona trades boldin (which i view as very likely now) they'll still have plenty of money to bring back dansby and dockett...the 2 key guys they must resign

if kurt retires they got enough money for everyone to return...

but i still think boldin goes in trade by or on draft day

I think Dansby will be gone at the end of the year. He was very upset that he was franchised twice in a row. He was expecting a multi-year deal after he was tendered the first time. And I believe 9-0 signed a five year extension in 06.

Why would he be cut? If they have too many receivers then that's a plus for them. No they will trade him if anything. He could command at least a #3 pick from someone.

If the cards draft a TE in the 1st round, then Boldin may well be trade bait.

I must say i was thinking this ALL OF LAST NIGHT while watching this game. Bolding is getting Older but he still has it. He can give us a good 3-4 years at being our #1. Now i wouldnt trade a 1st or 2nd for him but maybe a package of players like Ginn/ Wilson and anyone else the FO thinks needs moving. Boldin's back ups Breaston and Doucette stepped their game up nicely in last nights game. I really hope we can manage to rip him from ARI.....

I beleive that getteing Dez Bryant may be more realistic and its a good chance that he could fall to us at whereever we pick.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling regarding our front office for they seem to have this wannyisum like way of getting basement bargin players where they perform like basement like results.

Our defense is closer to being a playoff caliber defense then our pathetic offense is to being a playoff caliber offense.

I think if we drafted Dez and bring in two more vet tightends and then draft 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle then I would be very satisfied . but I have that feeling that we will be looking at the continuation of bringing in sub par players that nobody else wants.

Arizona will trade him, no way they just cut him for nothing.

Boldin? is probably worth a 3rd if he's healthy, but brandon marshall is more of a fit for the dolphins.

Don't you have that statement turned around? the fins offense scored 24 points a game, marshall would at least add 5 points a game. The fins win more games with a touchdown.

I hope Miami stays away from Boldin. He isn't worth the money and will likely disrupt the chemistry at WR. Sure, he will make some big plays. But it isn't worth it. Look at the draft for WRs, and don't pick a WR with the first pick.

Great WR, but he is getting older and more injury prone by the year. Last year we all wanted to give up a 2nd for him . . . . I'm not sure if he is really worth it with his injury history. Much rather Benn than Boldin at this point.

I don't know, Benn has proven nothing yet in the NFL, while Boldin has.

Yeah, I think they were not considering any offers that didn't include 2 first round picks last year for Boldin. If Breaston and Doucett have another good game next week . . . . they will consider moving him this off-season. But they'll have to probably settle for a second-rounder or a package of mid-round picks. No way they cut him without getting something. FO will need to consider either going after someone in FA or get an elite pick at WR in the first round (ala Dez Bryant).

I gotta a feeling if we trade for anything this off season its gonna be more draft picks, BTW NO I dont think they will just cut him.

Back
Top Bottom