Will Dan MArino Ever Coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dan MArino Ever Coach?

dominizzo said:
Will Dan The MAn ever coach an nfl team, i see him taking over a franchise but i doubt it will be MIAMI. Will a prototype Qb actually coach? Would he ruin his image, name? Could it be the reason y Dan quit as Player personnel/G.M cuz he thoght it would'nt work out? Do u think Dan will regret it if we win the super bowl next year and say "That was my chance to win a bowl and i just blew it" or would he go coach our rivals Bills Jets Patriots? What u guys think bout Dan, u think he's coming outta the booth?

Dominizzzzzzzzo
Dan has stated numerous times that he has absolutely NO interest in becoming part of a coaching staff....
Too many different personalities to deal with!

Marino1983

i will say yes. but he will only be a coach for 2 days. then he will quit, saying its alot diffrent than he expected... :roflmao:

I have seen him answer that question. and his answer was NO! he said todays players think they know to much that he would only think about is front office or ownership.

there's no need for him to coach, doing television pays good and is a lot less stressful.

Dan has expressed interest in coaching, but in the same breath he has stated why he likely will never become a coach, and that is he makes too much money just going on TV, and made too much as a player, to want to put in the hours and work his way up from the bottom as a coach. As a coach you end up putting in heavy hours working your way up, and Dan is use to either putting in a lot of work to get a lot of money (as a player) or putting in only a little work to get a lot of money (as a tv personality). You don't often see former players that were very high profile high money guys make a transition into coaching for exactly the same reason. The guys you see make that transition were mid-level type players, that were savvy enough to stay in the league a long time and learn the ropes, but not good enough to get huge amounts of money. The exception would be some of the guys that played a long time ago, because even if you were good a long time ago, you didn't make the same kind of money that good players make now.

That's pretty much why Jimmy Johnson will never end up coaching again either.

Yeah, I agree with most people here in that he will not be coaching. He likes his TV gig too much and I think we'll see him doing that for a long, long time. Besides, I've heard on more than one occasion that Dan wasn't really an X's and O's kinda guy which you would probably need to be to become a decent coach.

He's Going to be a coach or office person hired the day before we go to the superbowl and let go the next day after we wwin it so he can have that ring. Something I always believed to be true

Success on the field doesn't neccessarily guarantee success on the sidelines. I personally don't feel that Marino is bright enough to be an effective coach. Remember, his stock fell in the draft because he had a poor Wonderlic score.
Dan had an unbelievably quick release, high velocity and accuracy on his throws. He didn't always make great decisions, but he could get away with mistakes because of his superior athletic ability. At the end of his career he lost some velocity on the ball and was becomong an average armed NFL QB. He threw a ton of int's his last 2 seasons because he couldn't get away with those same mental mistakes.

can you imagine the first person that did something wrong if he did coach--The narrowing of the eyes first, then the wave of his arms out of disbelief--then the torrent of abuse from his mouth--I'd rather go 10 rounds with Butkus

Back
Top Bottom