Will Dan MArino Ever Coach? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dan MArino Ever Coach?

awing_pilot said:
He's Going to be a coach or office person hired the day before we go to the superbowl and let go the next day after we wwin it so he can have that ring. Something I always believed to be true

Why would he want a ring from a scenario like that? Honestly, I doubt he could coach his way out of a wet paper bag. But I grant you he has way to MUCH pride than recieve a ring in that type scenerio. Those who can play, play...those who can't coach.

Even when he was playing he said he wasnt interested in coaching.He never was interested and I dont think he will ever be.At most he could become part of the ownership of the team IMO.

Boik14 said:
I dont think Marino has the patience to teach. He always seemed to get frustrated when other players or coaches dont see the field the way he sees it and i could see him getting tired of tutoring quick. We all know Dan was a competitor and players like him make better players then coaches because they frequently need to be on that field to showcase their skills rather than show someone else what to do

Agreed. Marino got beyond frustrated because he wanted everyone to rise to his level, and very few could. I think coaching is way out for that reason....but the front office for the Phins...for sure.

he'll get involved in front office somehow, but I don't think he's gonna coach

Coaching? No.

but i could see him in a front office, slash owner position. but probably stay in the studio for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom