Will Gilbert Arenas win MVP | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gilbert Arenas win MVP

I said before Id give it to Dirk, but I really dont see how holding your team to a bad record when Shaqs out garners serious MVP consideration. I love Wade, hes one of my favorite players but I cant get excited about him carrying his team to a losing record without Shaq, its just not anywhere near enough to match up with Dirk or Nash. If they catch the Wiz its because Shaq means that much and Wades great, not that Wades the MVP.

You can't underestimate all the other injuries the Heat had.

Wade also missed 7 games...the Heat was 1-6. So Wade actually had a winning record with SHAQ out.

The Heat still has to catch the Wizards for Wade to get consideration.

I just saw how the Suns looked downright mediocre without Nash...and we all know that Dallas would go right into the toilet without Dirk.

I like Gilbert...but Dirk and Nash are more deserving as of now. IMO of course.

Id put Dirk and Nash above Arenas thats it. Boozer? Cmon now the Wiz had the best record in the east for about half the year and are still in contention for the best record. You cant put guys on teams that are struggling to be over .500, Wade didnt carry the Heat to a great record without Shaq and Bron has been disappointing like his team this year. Arenas gets crapped on here for some reason but hes in the top 4 or 5 in the voting I mean give me a break.

I think the struggles of the Cav's have been greatly exaggerated. They've got the 2nd most wins in the Eastern conference.

Wade also missed 7 games...the Heat was 1-6. So Wade actually had a winning record with SHAQ out.

If you count the game where he got hurt in the FIRST QUARTER.......

Wade missed 8 games where the Heat went 1-7.

I think the struggles of the Cav's have been greatly exaggerated. They've got the 2nd most wins in the Eastern conference.

They have the 2nd most wins in the conference because the conference is at an all-time low. With Wade possibly missing a big chunk of time, the Heat are in trouble and without the Heat, the East has no shot at taking the NBA Finals this year!

They have the 2nd most wins in the conference because the conference is at an all-time low. With Wade possibly missing a big chunk of time, the Heat are in trouble and without the Heat, the East has no shot at taking the NBA Finals this year!

I don't think the Heat were going to beat Detroit this year. Considering right now Dallas would probably play San Antonio/Houston in the 2nd rd and the Suns would play Utah those teams are going to beat up on each other. While the only thing that I think could prevent Detroit from coming out of the East is Flip Saunders.

I don't think the Heat were going to beat Detroit this year.

Right, just like last year when they were the head & toe favorites this time in the season..

Detroit is no better this year than last, when Miami absolutely DOMINATED them.

I'm not talking regular season records either; I find regular season records extremely irrelevant.

Right, just like last year when they were the head & toe favorites this time in the season..

Detroit is no better this year than last, when Miami absolutely DOMINATED them.

I'm not talking regular season records either; I find regular season records extremely irrelevant.

I think Miami needs to worry about making the playoffs before they worry about Detroit. A dislocated shoulder is an injury that rarely heals on itself. I expect Wade to have surgery after the season but still he's going to have to wear a harness that will effect his play. Also just because of the injury I think if he comesback he's going to have it pop out again. It's not a big deal because his labrum is probably already torn along with ligamints being stretched. Detroit may not be better but this was the time the Heat were supposed to make a run and I don't think it's going to happen.

maybe wade plays out the season hurt, with the dislocated shoulder in toe... and gets the heat rolling to the playoffs. even then i dont know if i can take him over nash for mvp because wade plays in the east.

I think Miami needs to worry about making the playoffs before they worry about Detroit. A dislocated shoulder is an injury that rarely heals on itself. I expect Wade to have surgery after the season but still he's going to have to wear a harness that will effect his play. Also just because of the injury I think if he comesback he's going to have it pop out again. It's not a big deal because his labrum is probably already torn along with ligamints being stretched. Detroit may not be better but this was the time the Heat were supposed to make a run and I don't think it's going to happen.

Nah.. I was talking about pre-dislocated shoulder.

My post that you quoted didn't have anything to do with right now..

I quoted where you said,
"I don't think the Heat were going to beat Detroit this year"

But speaking on after the surgery, I think he'll get a custom protective sleeve like AI & Mo Williams.

Back
Top Bottom