Will Gilbert Arenas win MVP | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gilbert Arenas win MVP

Id put Dirk and Nash above Arenas thats it. Boozer? Cmon now the Wiz had the best record in the east for about half the year and are still in contention for the best record. You cant put guys on teams that are struggling to be over .500, Wade didnt carry the Heat to a great record without Shaq and Bron has been disappointing like his team this year. Arenas gets crapped on here for some reason but hes in the top 4 or 5 in the voting I mean give me a break.

Id put Dirk and Nash above Arenas thats it. Boozer? Cmon now the Wiz had the best record in the east for about half the year and are still in contention for the best record. You cant put guys on teams that are struggling to be over .500, Wade didnt carry the Heat to a great record without Shaq and Bron has been disappointing like his team this year. Arenas gets crapped on here for some reason but hes in the top 4 or 5 in the voting I mean give me a break.

Jazz have a better record than the Wiz.

Jazz have a better record than the Wiz.
Yea and a better team. They could win without Boozer we cant win without Arenas. When I mentioned teams struggling I was talking about the Heat, i know theres lots of Heat fans around these parts but you can't seriously say Wade deserves the MVP for keeping his team in like 3rd place in the division while Shaq was out. Arenas is top 5, he will finish above Boozer in the voting Im pretty confident about that. Boozer is really good I dont mean this to be as though Im dumping on the guy.

Yea and a better team. They could win without Boozer we cant win without Arenas. When I mentioned teams struggling I was talking about the Heat, i know theres lots of Heat fans around these parts but you can't seriously say Wade deserves the MVP for keeping his team in like 3rd place in the division while Shaq was out. Arenas is top 5, he will finish above Boozer in the voting Im pretty confident about that. Boozer is really good I dont mean this to be as though Im dumping on the guy.

I had a feeling you meant the Heat after I posted, the wording threw me off at first though. I have no problem with Arenas getting heavy MVP consideration, I actually like him quite a bit. I'd put Nash/Kobe/Dirk above him for sure in MVP voting. And I think an argument can be made for Boozer or Wade.

I had a feeling you meant the Heat after I posted, the wording threw me off at first though. I have no problem with Arenas getting heavy MVP consideration, I actually like him quite a bit. I'd put Nash/Kobe/Dirk above him for sure in MVP voting. And I think an argument can be made for Boozer or Wade.
Hey Id take any of those guys in a heartbeat on my team. Really I like Dirk to take it this year, hes led one of the better teams in the NBA for years now he deserves a MVP. Im a Wiz fan so Im biased toward Arenas admittedly.

Usually you have to be a on a team with a good record to get the MVP so I think this will leave Arenas out. I do think he is probably "more valuable" to his team than a lot of guys, but I would have to go with:

1. Kobe
2. Nash
3. Dirk
4. Duncan
5. LeBron

Um....the Cavs and Lakers have worse records than the Wiz last time I checked.

Wade has really stepped up, with all of the Heat injuries how can you not give him at least runner up? Williams and Shaq have both been out for long stretches of time. still Wade had this team winning, and tonight we are going to beat the Rockets and start our climb to the #2 seed. how can you give it to Arenas over Wade if the Heat finish above the Wizards which they will?

Wade has been been playing great and kept his team at .500 despite injuries to Shaq and Jwill. The other night on NBA Shootaround i believe it was Tim Ledgler said that Kobe was his MVP and Wade was the runner-up. Steven A. (although i think he is the biggest idiot in the world) said that Wade was his MVP.

Now, i dont think Wade should get MVP unless they come back to get a high seed, but i dont think Arenas deserves it. If Nash doesn't get it b/c they dont want another 3 time MVP winner then its a joke. Look at Nash's first game back, they were struggling like hell without him and he comes back and the easily whoop the Clips by like 20.

Having the best record in the East isn't saying much. Hell Utah and San Antonio would be 3 games in front of Detroit in the Eastern Conference yet they trail Dallas by 8 games in the West.

What does that tell you?

Well..the Heat is 1-6 without Wade. If the Heat catch the Wiz (I think they will) and get a 2 seed....Wade deserves the mvp. He is having a monster season.

As of now...I give it to Nash, or Dirk.

Well..the Heat is 1-6 without Wade. If the Heat catch the Wiz (I think they will) and get a 2 seed....Wade deserves the mvp. He is having a monster season.

As of now...I give it to Nash, or Dirk.

I said before Id give it to Dirk, but I really dont see how holding your team to a bad record when Shaqs out garners serious MVP consideration. I love Wade, hes one of my favorite players but I cant get excited about him carrying his team to a losing record without Shaq, its just not anywhere near enough to match up with Dirk or Nash. If they catch the Wiz its because Shaq means that much and Wades great, not that Wades the MVP.

Back
Top Bottom