Will Grier, The Miami Dolphins 2nd Round Pick In 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Grier, The Miami Dolphins 2nd Round Pick In 2019

The Closer

Club Member
Reaction score
How do you all feel about that? If he lasts that long? I think Will Grier has the moxy, the touch, and the POCKET PRESENCE to possibly be a great one.

Doubt he makes it that long with this class. Top 15 probably. He sure let me down with the Gators so it makes sense for the train to have another stop at my team in the pros so he can go 2 for 2. This would be a very opposite Cam Newton situation for me.

Honestly, he has promise but man is he gonna throw some picks in the NFL. He won't last to the 2nd and the fins aren't QB shopping in the 1st (this year ... hopefully) so I doubt this happens.

Doubt he makes it that long with this class. Top 15 probably. He sure let me down with the Gators so it makes sense for the train to have another stop at my team in the pros so he can go 2 for 2. This would be a very opposite Cam Newton situation for me.

Honestly, he has promise but man is he gonna throw some picks in the NFL. He won't last to the 2nd and the fins aren't QB shopping in the 1st (this year ... hopefully) so I doubt this happens.

I'm not blaming him for his departure from Florida, sad to see him doing so well at WV when the gators really could use his level of talent at QB, I like Franks's arm but he's taking way to long to fulfill that potential he has. I think he made a stupid mistake getting suspended over a banned substance, not sure if there was any real intent there, but McElwan had that whole program in a dysfunctional state. Mullen is thankfully getting it back to relevance, hopefully he can help develop Franks because my goodness that kid could be special considering his physical traits, if it ever clicks fully into place.

For Grier though, I would love us to take a flyer on him, I agree in this draft class he's going to be over drafted, he's a round 2 talent I feel, but someone like a New England, Pittsburg or the Chargers who are going to need to draft a developmental guy soon, will take him at the bottom of the first. If we are aggresive enough, and we are in love with him enough, we could do something very un dolphin like and trade back into the bottom of the first. I think he gets out of the top 15, especially if Herbert and Haskins declare.

I'm not blaming him for his departure from Florida, sad to see him doing so well at WV when the gators really could use his level of talent at QB, I like Franks's arm but he's taking way to long to fulfill that potential he has. I think he made a stupid mistake getting suspended over a banned substance, not sure if there was any real intent there, but McElwan had that whole program in a dysfunctional state. Mullen is thankfully getting it back to relevance, hopefully he can help develop Franks because my goodness that kid could be special considering his physical traits, if it ever clicks fully into place.

For Grier though, I would love us to take a flyer on him, I agree in this draft class he's going to be over drafted, he's a round 2 talent I feel, but someone like a New England, Pittsburg or the Chargers who are going to need to draft a developmental guy soon, will take him at the bottom of the first. If we are aggresive enough, and we are in love with him enough, we could do something very un dolphin like and trade back into the bottom of the first. I think he gets out of the top 15, especially if Herbert and Haskins declare.

Unfortunately, an arm is the only thing that Franks has going for him. I'm looking forward to seeing Emory Jones get more snaps.

As for Grier? Meh. I dont see him transitioning to the NFL with any kind of success.

Unfortunately, an arm is the only thing that Franks has going for him. I'm looking forward to seeing Emory Jones get more snaps.

As for Grier? Meh. I dont see him transitioning to the NFL with any kind of success.

You really want to like Franks, but it's just not clicking into place for him. Jones could be exciting, maybe he does get a few more snaps today since we've not really got a whole lot to play for now, Mullen needs to start planning for next year and I can see him moving away from Franks.

I hear what you are saying about Grier but I still think he could transition, but he's going to need to join a franchise with the right pieces in place and a coach that will see his limitations and scheme around them.

Grier is live on Fox in a couple of hours, I may tune into that, since in Canada we don't get the SEC network for the Gators game, gonna have to try some other way to see it.

Will Grier going in round 1 now. And I want him.

What a ****ING THROW, to WIN the game at Texas!

Wish I had watched that than Florida's debacle. He'll get overdrafted no doubt, but if he's still there midway through round 1 when we are picking, I would absolutely take the plunge.

Yes Grier was clutch and Dana Holgerson needs a wheelbarrow to carry around those big balls

The refs tried to fix the game, but Will Grier would not be denied. That's what happened.
We may need to trade up to get him now.

Yes Grier was clutch and Dana Holgerson needs a wheelbarrow to carry around those big balls
dc30qw.jpg

That being said, I don’t want Grier.

He’s shown an alarming tendency this year to play “down” to the level of his competition.

This is coming from a WVU fan who thought that while Pat White was overdrafted, we’d ultimately be happy he was on our roster. :lol:

Will Grier is no Pat White.

The big stage of the NFL is gonna be too much for him. Pressure rattles him, and he throws too many BAD interceptions.

I mean, literally - I watched games this year where he forgot how to throw the ball.

dc30qw.jpg

That being said, I don’t want Grier.

He’s shown an alarming tendency this year to play “down” to the level of his competition.

This is coming from a WVU fan who thought that while Pat White was overdrafted, we’d ultimately be happy he was on our roster. :lol:

Will Grier is no Pat White.

The big stage of the NFL is gonna be too much for him. Pressure rattles him, and he throws too many BAD interceptions.

I mean, literally - I watched games this year where he forgot how to throw the ball.
Will Grier is the BEST QB in this draft class, sir.

Back
Top Bottom