Will Miami Remain Strongly Open To A 2020qb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami Remain Strongly Open To A 2020qb?

Of course they would be open to taking a qb in 2020. Rosen is not in a position to succeed. Take a look at the right side of our Oline. Look who are skill position players are. Then look at our defense and you can see that we won’t get consistent pressure on the opposing qb. Make no mistake, we still have among the worst rosters in the league. I can’t envision a scenario where Rosen looks like the answer. It’s not even a knock on Rosen.

Unless he absolutely sucks a flaming hot Weiner ....we’re not drafting a QB next year.

That’s why many people don’t like the trade.

Miami cant allow Josh Rosen to give them fools gold. Because if he fools them into thinking they have a legit talent; They may skip out on a QB in the first round of 2020. I believe he's talented, but also believe the 2020 QB class is better than he is. If Tua and Fromm declare there is no reason Miami shouldn't have any of them in play, especially if they pick #1!!! Fools Gold has cost many GM's jobs in the NFL. This is why I didn't like the trade for Miami. It cost them the oppotunity to select a very talented center in McCoy, who fell to them at #48, but if they don't select a QB next year, especially if they pick top 5, shame on them.

Of course... this was a very smart, limited gamble.

Don’t rule out a 2 year plan to get Trevor... who is a bigger prize than Tua in my opinion

I've been thinking about that a lot since we acquired Josh Rosen - a two year plan.

Give Rosen two years of evaluation, for better or worse, and that puts us squarely in the Trevor Lawrence time frame.

Best case scenario, Josh Rosen shows that he's a franchise QB and they're comfortable with the idea of building around him. Worst case scenario, we go all in for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and Rosen continues to leads us to an awful record in year two, and the upside is just not there.

I really like Tua Tagovailoa, but I like Trevor Lawrence even better. Lawrence had one of the best freshman QB seasons that I've seen, and capped it off with a flourish in one of the most stunning performances I've witnessed against Alabama in a National Championship game.

Yeah, a two year plan is exactly what I'd be plotting in my mind at this point. It's a prudent plan, IMO.

I think one of the biggest things that some folks are over looking is the possibility that Tua doesn't come out next year. If not and if my understanding is correct then you could have a draft class with both Tua and Trevor available.

Yep, I believe that Tua's parents have said all along that they want and expect him to graduate (along with the goal himself), so there's a distinct possibility he might not come out next year.

I'm not sure how far along he is with the degree, so that could change obviously.

I don't have faith that this front office and the organization as a whole will ever do anything right. The trade was stupid and the whole philosophy of how they used this past draft to build a team was flawed. They damn well be open to drafting a qb in next year's draft but knowing how inept this franchise is, I wouldn't expect it.

I think miami could easily treat this just like the cards just treated it’s qb situation.

And the reason I say that is the compensation is not a full commitment to rosen. It’s just not.

Miami hedged it’s bets.

Back
Top Bottom