Will Miami steal the show? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami steal the show?

Exactly. If we don't move into the top 3 (which we won't) I will be very nervous on draft day. I will breathe a sigh of relief if he does fall and will fully expect us to move up to 6th or 7th in the draft to get our guy.

Yah I am not sure whats going to happen. I would love for the raiders to nab carr so that they could then take CJ. Detroit I just cant see taking a qb. I have a feeling that Millen will want to go with the safest of safest picks and that is Thomas. Cleveland is tough, but I dont think that the lewis signing means anything. I believe they brought him in for one year just so that they dont have to make peterson take the full load his rookie year. year two say goodbye to lewis. Tampa is where I would like to trade up to. I dont want the dolphins to take any chances. I dont think that Tampa would take a qb, but if we are as sold on quinn as some think we are, then I would trade with them to make sure we are 100 percent getting quinn.

With that said, it wouldnt take all that much to trade up to four. switch firsts, and throw in our late second and there you have it. thats just off the top of my head, I havnt looked at a draft chart, but I think that would get it done. at 9 tampa could still get Okoye who they really like.

With that said, it wouldnt take all that much to trade up to four. switch firsts, and throw in our late second and there you have it. thats just off the top of my head, I havnt looked at a draft chart, but I think that would get it done. at 9 tampa could still get Okoye who they really like.
Draft chart I believe says 9 and 40 to trade to 4. But I agree as soon as Clevlends done picking and none of the top 3 are Quinn Randy should be on the phone with the Bucs.

First trade up with whom? Next....lets all remember that before Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...the stats tell us that;

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

We have no idea how Quinn will react without Weiss being over his shoulder...so buyer beware.

This argument is pretty weak. In his first two years he improved and then when Weiss came he improved even more. I can't see how improving every year is a bad thing. It's a really good thing that he did so well in a pro style offense.

Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You hear the Jets fans booing. I think they will.
the team that you think will trade down : they won't pass on quinn either.

Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You hear the Jets fans booing. I think they will.

no he isn't who you think he is

This argument is pretty weak. In his first two years he improved and then when Weiss came he improved even more. I can't see how improving every year is a bad thing. It's a really good thing that he did so well in a pro style offense.

Weak....what was weak was N.D. schedule....every decent team they played against they lost.

Michigan....USC and LSU....and they lost big.

Yah I am not sure whats going to happen. I would love for the raiders to nab carr so that they could then take CJ. Detroit I just cant see taking a qb. I have a feeling that Millen will want to go with the safest of safest picks and that is Thomas. Cleveland is tough, but I dont think that the lewis signing means anything. I believe they brought him in for one year just so that they dont have to make peterson take the full load his rookie year. year two say goodbye to lewis. Tampa is where I would like to trade up to. I dont want the dolphins to take any chances. I dont think that Tampa would take a qb, but if we are as sold on quinn as some think we are, then I would trade with them to make sure we are 100 percent getting quinn.

the raiders are going to take who is willing to sign the cheapest contract-they cant go wrong with CJ but if they dont give Russel a line and weapons(who want to play) things will be dreadful

Yeah dude I agree with everything your saying. Over the course of the next 4 weeks, things could change big time. Like you said, if Oakland gets Carr I don't think they go with a QB. This then brings it on Cleveland like you said. I like your analysis of Peterson and I too think he could go there. The question is do these 2 teams prefer Russell or Quinn?

As for your 2nd post I agree about swaping first and losing a 2nd. It would be so worth it to get Quinn.

First trade up with whom? Next....lets all remember that before Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...the stats tell us that;

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

We have no idea how Quinn will react without Weiss being over his shoulder...so buyer beware.

It's called learning on the job. How many QB's step in and have immediate success right off the bat? I could have been his coach for his junior and senior years and his stats would have improved. Having Weiss couldn't have hurt, but you can't attribute all Quinn's success to Weiss' presence.

I want to see the fins trade down to like 12 then Draft Ted Ginn Jr.!!!!!! We will get the playmaker we need and a extra pic.

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

its amazing how you use this argument. but the fact remains, he had a bad team with a bad coach, and did exactly what most college QBs do, dont play great their first 2 years.

and how he will react without weiss? weiss runs a pro style offense. weiss isnt his daddy. hes a grown *** man, weiss is a good coach, but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

its amazing how you use this argument. but the fact remains, he had a bad team with a bad coach, and did exactly what most college QBs do, dont play great their first 2 years.

and how he will react without weiss? weiss runs a pro style offense. weiss isnt his daddy. hes a grown *** man, weiss is a good coach, but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

I think Art Shell single-handedly destroyed your "every coach in the NFL is competent" argument. :lol:

but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

Haha, yeah there are no bad NFL coaches, oh wait ....

Anyway I hear what your saying. So what if Quinn wasnt a heisman frontrunner his freshman year? And people seriously are going to say his improvement is a bad thing? What the hell?

I dont understand some people really. Im waiting for the first "Id rather have Stanton" post in here.:rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom