Will Odrick get his chance to breakout this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Odrick get his chance to breakout this year?

[video=youtube;Id_OhO5M9zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_OhO5M9zE&feature=related[/video]

I definitely think so. Dude showed a ton of talent in a backup capacity last year and earned a starting job as a rookie before getting hurt.
Thanks for the post. I love it when someone backs up their opinion with data!

We have had some turnover on the defensive coaching side and it will be interesting to see how our current players fit in with the new defensive scheme. Talent and scheme both matter for the success of a player.

Thanks for the post. I love it when someone backs up their opinion with data!

We have had some turnover on the defensive coaching side and it will be interesting to see how our current players fit in with the new defensive scheme. Talent and scheme both matter for the success of a player.

Agree. Given the FO's personnel moves I just can't see us running a ton more 4-3 than last year. They just don't have the guys ideally suited to play outside in the 4-3, and they've done nothing to move in that direction. If they really did intend to move to the 4-3 I'd think they would have let Soliai go and had Starks/Odrick/McDaniel/Baker mad DT, and use the money Soliai would have freed up to bring in a proper 4-3 DE or two.

If Odrick can consistently get you 6-8 sacks in the pass rush and stop the running game, that's a phenomenal level of production for a DE in the 3-4

Agree. Given the FO's personnel moves I just can't see us running a ton more 4-3 than last year. They just don't have the guys ideally suited to play outside in the 4-3, and they've done nothing to move in that direction. If they really did intend to move to the 4-3 I'd think they would have let Soliai go and had Starks/Odrick/McDaniel/Baker mad DT, and use the money Soliai would have freed up to bring in a proper 4-3 DE or two.

hes got potential to be really good for us.

it was basically his rookie year last year with him being injured the year before after what like the first game? i think with him knowing the speed of the game more and probably having more moves in the off-season to get to the qb he should see more sacks.

best interior pass rusher on the team and 2nd best pass rusher period...i expect big things from him in 2012...no way he shouldn't be starting and playing just about every down for us

You know I was going to make a thread about this....all tho Langford helped us alot in the run d game he as an awful pass rusher...at least the stats certainly indicated that.....oddrick may not be great in the run game but we should expect alot more explosion from a pass rush standpoint....he just uses his hands so swell and keeps tackles moving back into the pocket...I don't see how he does not start but bust of the time when he came in he was playing right end....which is randys spot so I am kinda intrigued as to who takes over for kendall.....losing kendall hurts in more ways than one of course because he was such an anchor and never missed games..let's hope oddrick can stay healthy and make some impact plays.

best interior pass rusher on the team and 2nd best pass rusher period...i expect big things from him in 2012...no way he shouldn't be starting and playing just about every down for us

this. i think the sky is the limit for odrick, and that he will prove to be a steal at #28.

it was basically his rookie year last year with him being injured the year before after what like the first game? i think with him knowing the speed of the game more and probably having more moves in the off-season to get to the qb he should see more sacks.

We thought the same exact thing with Misi and how did that work out this season
one sack this season with 2 in the past 22 games

Some players don't always get better...Time will tell with Odrick

The 3rd season is the year that players need to break out and take that next step. Come on Odrick we need you to step up big time.

We thought the same exact thing with Misi and how did that work out this season
one sack this season with 2 in the past 22 games

Some players don't always get better...Time will tell with Odrick

odrick has a whole lot more going for him talent and tools wise than misi...i knew misi would never amount to squat as a pass rusher...

On passing downs, Odrick and Starks will be good DT pass rushers in a 4-3. With Wake on one side we just need that Other DE pass rusher to have something similar to the Giants. We also need a good pass rushing OLB that can blitz well. I have read that Dansby can play OLB in a 4-3 and has adequate pass rushing skills. Lets see is wesserman is any good.

Back
Top Bottom