Will Poole Got A DUI In March | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Poole Got A DUI In March

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I mosied on over to PFT for the first time in a while....and look what I saw....

"We've confirmed that Dolphins cornerback Will Poole was arrested for DUI prior to the draft. The arrest came in March, not February (as has been reported elsewhere).

A league source tells us that only a handful of teams knew about the arrest prior to the draft, and that the arrest likely had less to do with his slide to the fourth round than his relatively slow 40 times in two separate workouts, coupled with the fact the NFL plans to police more actively violations of the five-yard chuck rule -- a reality that promises to undermine the effectiveness of big, physical corners.

The former USC defensive back was pulled over in California with two teammates. He was projected as a late-first rounder before falling to day two of the draft."

www.profootballtalk.com

Dont ever drive under drugs/alcohol again, and get 20 INT's for us in the next 4 years and all will be forgotten.

Well thats a great start to a career. Hopefully its just a young guy goin out and celebrating and things got outta control and its a situation that he learns from.

They said only a handful of teams knew about it.

He fell because of his slow forty times and the new ruling that penalises physical and aggressive corners.

BTW, i think this rule is seriously gna hurt us. Surtain is physical, but rarely gets called for penalties, but Sam seemed to get called loads last year for holding etc. Will Poole is also aggressive.

I'm confident we knew about it. Our security guys are known for being top notch. They do thorough background checks. But I obviously don't know for sure.

It was mentioned on the radio and they did know about it.. He was out celebrating with some teammates. He pleaded guilty. Happened Feb 25. The NFL will probably give him some kind of seminar to attend and watch him as they do with other players (assuming he makes the team). At this point, it is not a concern I think, but it bears watching.

Big deal, the only difference between Poole, me, and everyone else out there is that he got caught, and speaking for myself only, I didnt. It doesnt make it right, but unfortunately, most people make stupid decisions and drive under the influence. Not just Poole.

Yeah, DUI at that age is not a big deal. Before I get blasted from the folks who have lost loved ones in drunk driving accidents, I apologize and my sympathy is with you, but most states now have such strict BAC limits that you can drink 2 beers within an hour and you're DUI. Damned near all of us have driven at some point or another with 2 beers in our gut.

As you get older, common sense wins out and you don't go around driving after drinking, but kids are going to be kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
JCfinfan said:
Big deal, the only difference between Poole, me, and everyone else out there is that he got caught, and speaking for myself only, I didnt. It doesnt make it right, but unfortunately, most people make stupid decisions and drive under the influence. Not just Poole.
It don't mean much you are right. I go to college right now and got a DUI 2 weeks ago. My DUI was #249 in this year alone for my town. College town cops love pulling the students over thats how they make there money. It sucked getting one though, cause I only had like four beers and blew a .114. I was pissed I always figured if I got one I would have been real drunk.

Please do not misconstrue that I mean "no big deal" if someone was injured. To be unfortunate and get a DUI is one thing, and destroying others lives is another. This is why there are laws. I am strongly against drinking and driving, my point was "big deal" because it could happen to anyone. Thank God nobody was injured as a result.

JCfinfan said:
Please do not misconstrue that I mean "no big deal" if someone was injured. To be unfortunate and get a DUI is one thing, and destroying others lives is another. This is why there are laws. I am strongly against drinking and driving, my point was "big deal" because it could happen to anyone. Thank God nobody was injured as a result.
Yes I know that is wrong to drink and drive, I think it is a big deal to do that. When I said no big deal I meant more that it does not mean his a bad person or a trouble maker because many of us also drink and drive.

I want to tread carefully here, but I do agree that the DUI is not necessarily a big deal just as long as Poole learned a lesson about how little he needs to drink in order to be intoxicated.

Some people actually can handle driving drunk. I don't know if that percentage is 10% or 90%, but the key is that the persons who cannot handle it and hurt people appropriately ruin it for everybody. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have DUI laws because everybody would be capable of determining if they are able to safely do the things they set out to do. DUI laws are effective because they do catch safe drunken drivers in addition to the people who are a menace.

I honestly have to say I'm more worried about death at the hands of a sleepy driver or one using a cell phone these days than I am about death due to an intoxicated driver. That alone suggests that the laws do the job they set out to do.

dan the fin said:
Yes I know that is wrong to drink and drive, I think it is a big deal to do that. When I said no big deal I meant more that it does not mean his a bad person or a trouble maker because many of us also drink and drive.

I agree

Back
Top Bottom