Will Ricky Williams get his $1,000,000 payday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Ricky Williams get his $1,000,000 payday?

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricky Willaims needs to gain 1450 yards rushing to gain an
incentive of another $1,000,000. Will he get it?

1450 yard goal minus 1013 yards he has now equals 437
yards left to get it . Divided that by 4 games left, means he
would need to average 109.25 yards a game to get it.

I say he gets it by the end of the Buffaloe game three weeks
from now.

"He already has earned $575,000 in incentives by gaining 1,013
yards rushing, catching 40 passes and scoring eight touchdowns.
He has a shot at increasing that sum to more than $1 million by
gaining 1,450 yards, a number that will roll into his 2004 base
salary and also can earn at least another $300,000 if the
Dolphins reach the playoffs and improve in certain team
statistical categories."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec03,0,5403150.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Miami's remaining Schedule is:

AT:
Dec 7 @New England 4:15pm

Dec 15 Philadelphia 9:00pm

AT
Dec 21 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Dec 28 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
i say he gets it this sunday when he breaks the reocrd for yards in a game....

Optimism at its best.:D I like it.

With the way the o-line is playing I think they should get the check ready. I would like to see him get it in the first quarter against the Jets. :jetssuck:

Well, I believe the rumor of whether his salaries continue to increase by the amount of his incentives has been answered.

Hmmmmmm............sounds like another $1.5-2 million on the 2004 cap

Oh shut it Clump, I know how much were over and it's very easy to get rid of too.

Hopefully he will stay fresh in December.

If that means Minors get 15 carries then thats fine. Minor is a different runner.

Originally posted by Jaj
Oh shut it Clump, I know how much were over and it's very easy to get rid of too.

but what about re-signing your FAs whether they are UFA, RFA, or EFA. What about signing other FAS and cap space for the rookies? Then anybody you release.......many of them need to be replaced. It may be easy to get to cap compliancy but it's going to be extremely difficult for the rest.

:tongue:

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
^let me guess, you're predicting "cap jail" yet again this offseason...yes? perhaps some day, your prognosis will come to fruition :lol:

It's working, y'all have "cap jail" on the brain whenever I mention cap related material :)

All I said was that RW's increase in salary will add to the cap next year and in subsequent yrs

"but what about re-signing your FAs whether they are UFA, RFA, or EFA. What about signing other FAS and cap space for the rookies? Then anybody you release.......many of them need to be replaced. It may be easy to get to cap compliancy but it's going to be extremely difficult for the rest. "

ever heard of restructuring? money is freed up for for FAs partly by reworking existing contracts...why do you think so many big contracts are heavily backloaded. you dont really expect jay to realize all of that $25 million, do you?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

It's working, y'all have "cap jail" on the brain whenever I mention cap related material :)

All I said was that RW's increase in salary will add to the cap next year and in subsequent yrs

true...but we usually know what you're getting at ;) :tongue:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

but what about re-signing your FAs whether they are UFA, RFA, or EFA. What about signing other FAS and cap space for the rookies? Then anybody you release.......many of them need to be replaced. It may be easy to get to cap compliancy but it's going to be extremely difficult for the rest.

:tongue:

We're actually not in too bad of shape after Griese is gone. T-Bow might have to go and Ogun will not get a multi-year deal. Cutting Ruddy and McKnight as well will put us 8.5 million under with 39 players under contract. Fiedler is a definite paycut, hopefully Madison as well. Surtain will save us money with an extension. We'll be fine.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

ever heard of restructuring? money is freed up for for FAs partly by reworking existing contracts...why do you think so many big contracts are heavily backloaded. you dont really expect jay to realize all of that $25 million, do you?

Restructuring is what has gotten you to this. That's why it's "cap jail".

Back
Top Bottom