Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline?

Additionally, we'll have some extra picks in 2025 as the result of some of our departures.

Also, at some point, we want to go ahead and win a Super Bowl.

Maxx Crosby is a guy I am really interested in right now. The Raiders need the assets to go up and get a top tier QB prospect. Crosby would be a fan favorite instantly with that relentless tenacity.

He only received a $12M signing bonus in his extension so it appears they can deal him. If we could somehow move Ogbah first, we'd have a shot at pulling that one off.
That's a really good player right there.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, if so please disregard. But there are Gronk rumors out there.

Not sure there's enough footballs to go around, but Gronk could play a role.

And exactly the kind of spark plug we need.
I like the idea of Crosby, but a) highly doubt we can move Ogbah and b) we need to move off Ogbah's contract in the off-season to re-sign the Oline and possibly Wilkins. Unless Crosby was a rental for this year and we can get him off of the books next year, I'm not sure if it would be smart to add that contract.

Our QB is 25. Our coach is 40. Our GM is 53.

Of course you don't go all-in on a single season. That's just crazy, "I want in NOW, Daddy" talk.

This team is designed for a decade of excellence.

Don't blow that for a sugar rush.
Couldn't agree more. We forget this was the youngest team in the NFL just a season or 2 ago. We'll be contending for awhile with Tua and McDaniel.

I like the idea of Crosby, but a) highly doubt we can move Ogbah and b) we need to move off Ogbah's contract in the off-season to re-sign the Oline and possibly Wilkins. Unless Crosby was a rental for this year and we can get him off of the books next year, I'm not sure if it would be smart to add that contract.

Ogbah is on the books for another $9.7M in salary this year, so unless we're willing to give up picks (which I am) to move a chunk of that salary, Crosby would be difficult to land.

Make no mistake about it though, if we did acquire him, he wouldn't be a rental. Other players would be sacrificed first. He didn't get a big signing bonus from the Raiders so I think he would definitely be up for re-doing that contract at seasons end. If you can push his money into 2026, we'll have dealt with a lot of dead money issues by then and he'll still be 28.

A more realistic play might be Chase Young. It would be a cleaner transaction as he's in the last year of his deal and Washington isn't going anywhere, nor is he expected to be re-signed/tagged.

IMO, this is either about:
1) flexibility - just in case
2) Frank Clark?
3) Please G*d trade for or sign a true NT - Akeem Hicks?

as to #3, I rewatched the first half of the Panthers game last night. R Davis was terrible against the run. We seemed to have Seiler and Wilkins inside a lot. It just looks small for this style of defense. We need a fat man with man strength like good ole Paul Solai.

Of course you don't go all-in on a single season. That's just crazy, "I want in NOW, Daddy" talk.

On the other side of the coin, this may be the best chance they ever have to get back to The Bowl. KC and Buff are the only 2 teams that can derail the dream. Neither look like world beaters this year. Strike while the irons hot!

It's been 50+ years since we won the thing. Let's not make it 60 if we have a chance now.

That being said, maybe they are waiting for this week's litmus test to see if we can really play with the big boys. If we perform well, I could see them going for someone to give us an extra advantage. But we just don't know their plans so we wait and speculate.

Last edited:
No. We cannot afford to keep trading picks. At some point you need to have cheap talent on rookie contracts to create cap space. We drafted 1 starter (Achane) and 1 future starter (Smith) the last two drafts. We need to keep our day 1 and 2 picks. We are already set to lose starters we cannot afford this off-season.
I understand the thinking, but at the same time there is a window of opportunity. Miami's roster is ready to win NOW. When they have to pay Tua, it will be tough to keep other big contracts. Keep your options open and if something presents itself then do it.

Of course you don't go all-in on a single season.
That's just crazy, "I want in NOW, Daddy" talk.

But, but, but, that makes too much sense. - LOL

It's been 50+ years since we won the thing. Let's not make it 60 if we have a chance now.

That being said, maybe they are waiting for this week's litmus test to see if we can really play with the big boys. If we perform well, I could see them going for someone to give us an extra advantage. But we just don't know their plans so we wait and speculate.

That would be one way to "help" some of our players get "focused". - LOL

When the Dolphins restructured Jason Sanders’ contract, it made me tilt my head and think a little, and ask just one question:

“Why?”

There was legitimately no reason to restructure his contract aside from one reason: They want more cap space in-season.

So…why do they want more cap space in-season? Is it just to have more cushion in the event more injuries hit?

Maybe…but Miami’s getting healthier by the day.

I’m of the opinion they’re looking to sign or trade for a player. And it’s likely on defense. If I had to bet, it would be for an ILB.

Omar (I know) has suggested a trade for Lavonte David…which as much as I can’t stand Omar…makes a ton of sense.

Do you think Miami will be buyers at the deadline?
hard to tell.....Grier grew up playing madden it seems as he loves to make trades....he's made some good trades and some bad ones but we only have 3mill of cap space and we've only played 6 games. Most teams normally like to have 5 mill for in season moves and keep in mind we have several players that have already been on IR.....I'm not reading too much into this but if the right trade comes around then of course anything is possible

Back
Top Bottom