Will the Fins sell out all their games? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the Fins sell out all their games?

Oliver,

The OB was a scary place to come in and play. I remember when that place would shake it got so loud. You could see it in the visiting players eyes. The fans wher almost on top the field, and that closed end was nuts.

At PPS we never get that, I get up and yell and scream. All I get sit down, ask Ozzy he knows.

At least in sections 127 and 128 we get loud, but it will never be the same as the OB.

Originally posted by WharfRat
Ok everyone.... it stops here, Zonk, MarinoFan, PhinFreak, inFINS, and anyone else I may have left out... get to neutral corners... pronto.

justafan, you will stop fanning the flames .... now.

HEY, why am I included here? I thought I had a pretty level headed response, which didn't feed the fire. :confused: Oh well.

Anyway, like you guys said, we all get together on Sundays or Mondays to root for our team regardless of color or race. Once our team is on that field, we all bleed Aqua & Orange!!

GO PHINS!!

Originally posted by JJ777
A lil off tangent but man wasnt it a disgrace a few years back when there were more FRIGGIN jets fans at pro player than dolphin fans. I just dont get FL sports fans. Being from NY we are fanatical about our teams. (I am a NY home team fan all the way except football where I am a fin fan who even subjects himself to harassment by going to Miami/jets games in my Miami gear). How is it U of Miami and FL state have such a huge following and loyal fans but the Fins cant sell out a playoff game? The Jets tickets are sold out before the season and there is a waiting list to get on become a season ticket holder. Come on fans in Miami...whats up???

The Jet fans love this. But as I have explained to them, and now to you, is that 90% of the South Florida population are transplants from other parts of the country. The majority of that is from the north east. That means most of the fan base here is carrying alliegence with them from wherever they came.

In places like Chicago, and NY, and Pittsburgh you have generation after generation who grow up in the market and you have a much bigger long term fan base. So you have more people buying tickets.

Considering those stats we are doing well to sell out the number of games we do. It really speaks to the strength of the fan base here. It is also why the other franchises in baseball and basketball struggle as well.

NY fans like to try and play it up like we don't support our team down here and that our fans suck. Reality is if you conisder the % of natives down her and ratio it against the attendance we probably out perform everyone else in the league as far as participation from a native fan base.

Yeah, it's not our fault everyone from up north doesn't ever leave the place where they grew up ;p.

Hell, if I lived in Pitt, Cleveland, somewhere like that I think the only thing I would ever look forward to is football.

Back
Top Bottom