Will the Fins sell out all their games? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the Fins sell out all their games?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
I live in Georgia and the reason I am asking is that instead of re-upping for NFL Sunday ticket, I was thinking I would just subscribe to the local affiliate that carries the Dolphins for an extra 4.95 a month... My only concern is that if a game doesn't sell out then the local affiliate won't broadcast it right? so I'd be headed to a sports bar.... How many times do you think this will happen?

Thanks in advance!:help:

Originally posted by 13isgr81
I live in Georgia and the reason I am asking is that instead of re-upping for NFL Sunday ticket, I was thinking I would just subscribe to the local affiliate that carries the Dolphins for an extra 4.95 a month... My only concern is that if a game doesn't sell out then the local affiliate won't broadcast it right? so I'd be headed to a sports bar.... How many times do you think this will happen?

Yes and no to your question:
Yes they will sell-out by kick-off,BUT, i believe they have to do so 48 hrs in advance..(not sure about the amount of hours before hand) That gives time for the networks to schedule games.

BB

Regular season games always sell out before deadline and for some reason playoffs games don't.

are you sure the local georgia channels carry all the fins games?
Cause if you are talking about getting them from directv they just give you the channels in your area, you don't get to pick the area. Most likely you will have to order the sunday ticket to see them all.

pretty horrible, but i doubt all 8 home games will be sellouts.....even if they do sell out i'd say 1 or 2 games a corporation will buy up a bunch of tickets and just give them away.....usually at least one or 2 games a year are not "jam-packed"........like bad weather games against non rivals.......

Re: Re: Will the Fins sell out all their games?

Originally posted by minus

Regular season games always sell out before deadline and for some reason playoffs games don't.
For the Playoffs, a lot of people can't' afford $55+ per ticket on a one weeks notice.

A lil off tangent but man wasnt it a disgrace a few years back when there were more FRIGGIN jets fans at pro player than dolphin fans. I just dont get FL sports fans. Being from NY we are fanatical about our teams. (I am a NY home team fan all the way except football where I am a fin fan who even subjects himself to harassment by going to Miami/jets games in my Miami gear). How is it U of Miami and FL state have such a huge following and loyal fans but the Fins cant sell out a playoff game? The Jets tickets are sold out before the season and there is a waiting list to get on become a season ticket holder. Come on fans in Miami...whats up???

Re: Re: Will the Fins sell out all their games?

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

are you sure the local georgia channels carry all the fins games?
Cause if you are talking about getting them from directv they just give you the channels in your area, you don't get to pick the area. Most likely you will have to order the sunday ticket to see them all.

If you have Direct TV you can subscribe to affiliates that ARE NOT in your area... So whatever the local affiliate in Miami is that carries the phins, I can specifically subscribe to that affiliate for an extra 4-6 bucks per month and it comes through my dish...

Re: Re: Re: Will the Fins sell out all their games?

If you have Direct TV you can subscribe to affiliates that ARE NOT in your area... So whatever the local affiliate in Miami is that carries the phins, I can specifically subscribe to that affiliate for an extra 4-6 bucks per month and it comes through my dish...

What you should do, is subscribe to an affiliate that carries the Dolphins each week and is not in the blackout zone. I'm thinking Orlando maybe?

Someone must know one.

You have to be careful with that bro...I believe that if your NOT within the actual local area, it will be blacked out. I have Direct TV, and even though I pay for the sports channels, the baseball games which are on the different Fox networks are blacked out. I get to see my D backs every game, but if I try to watch a game from outside my area...forget it.

I would double check on your idea with Direct TV.

use a key west zip. they use local miami channels and they are outside of the blackout zone. thats what my ******* does.

I was going to say the same thing phinkev said.....I saw every game last year.....we are right across the state....in the Naples/Ft Myers area....we are close enough where we get full time Fins coverage and far enough that we don't get blacked out.....I'm afraid if you went with an Orlando market, you may end up with either the Bucs or the Jags instead of the Fins.....

I have directv and was paying the 5.99 a month for the locals... but they give them to you for your area.. are you sure you can pick any area you want? they also have something now called spot beaming.. where they only send certain signals down to certain areas, because there was too much going on. which wouldn't be a problem for you because you are so close. But if you try this with a keywest area or something let me know and i will do the same. right now i am paying the $$ for sunday ticket

besides.. all they regular season games sell out.. it would just be the playoffs which you would pick up on regular tv any way.

Originally posted by JJ777
A lil off tangent but man wasnt it a disgrace a few years back when there were more FRIGGIN jets fans at pro player than dolphin fans. I just dont get FL sports fans. Being from NY we are fanatical about our teams. (I am a NY home team fan all the way except football where I am a fin fan who even subjects himself to harassment by going to Miami/jets games in my Miami gear). How is it U of Miami and FL state have such a huge following and loyal fans but the Fins cant sell out a playoff game? The Jets tickets are sold out before the season and there is a waiting list to get on become a season ticket holder. Come on fans in Miami...whats up???

What are you talking about? UMiami games are rarely sold out, when they won the title a year ago they sold out one game I believe.

The Fins sell out every regular season game on time. If it doesn't sell out on time, the network carrying the game will buy out the rest of the seats.

Back
Top Bottom