Will the Fins sell out all their games? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will the Fins sell out all their games?

The reason we can't sell a playoff game is because the ticket prices double. Miami does not have a very high per capita income compared to some other cities like Baltimore. You can't just expect people to pull 75 bucks out of there pocket one week, and that's for one friggin ticket. What about all the families? And Ice is right, the Canes never sell out. As for DirectTV, I am pretty sure that you will not see any of those games if you order the affiliate. They are all blacked out (even in West Palm) unless you have the package. That's what my friend who has it said (I wouldn't know, I have no need for it as I have season tix). You only get your local games. Also, nearly every game sells out before kickoff, but I think it happened once this year that it didn't get sold out before the deadline. The only game this year that I think may not sellout though would be the opener vs. Houston. They're going to need to bundle tickets to that game like they did last year with Detroit (to get single game tickets last year to the next home game, against the Jets I believe, they forced you to purchase tickets to the Lions game as well in a package type of thing to help sell tickets to the Lions game).

they're raising the price for sunday ticket this coming year but I'm sure I'll be getting it anyway. I live in kissimmee and sometimes they have the Jax game instead of ours. Sunday ticket is the best way to go if you wanna make sure that you'll watch the game.

This must explain why the group of 8 BillsZoners I was a part of were able to get 1st & 2nd row upper deck, 20 yd line. :rofl: And NO! The Bills game in Miami wasn't a sell-out cuz many(approx 2,000) empty orange seats were available. By start of 4th qtr that increased to about 10,000 :lol:

I agree with B55, playoff tickets are much more expensive and the money is due at XMAS time. Most avergae people in any community would have difficulty paying "playoff prices"

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
This must explain why the group of 8 BillsZoners I was a part of were able to get 1st & 2nd row upper deck, 20 yd line. :rofl: And NO! The Bills game in Miami wasn't a sell-out cuz many(approx 2,000) empty orange seats were available. By start of 4th qtr that increased to about 10,000 :lol:

I agree with B55, playoff tickets are much more expensive and the money is due at XMAS time. Most avergae people in any community would have difficulty paying "playoff prices"

But CP, empty seats doesnt necessarily mean the game was not sold out....There more to do in Miami then eat frozen sardines at some locals hangout.

BB

Lets face is it...Miami is just a differnent kind of town. Miami will never have a stadium full of crazy fans like Philly, NY, Oakland, etc. Now those towns have some crazy ass fans. Miami is a town full of pretty boys and high maintenance girls who go to fins games to be seen not to watch games (Im guessing). Teams will never fear coming to Miami like they do Oakland. Its unfortunate.

Originally posted by JJ777
Lets face is it...Miami is just a differnent kind of town. Miami will never have a stadium full of crazy fans like Philly, NY, Oakland, etc. Now those towns have some crazy ass fans. Miami is a town full of pretty boys and high maintenance girls who go to fins games to be seen not to watch games (Im guessing). Teams will never fear coming to Miami like they do Oakland. Its unfortunate.

You are guessing poorly...."pretty boys" and "high maintenance girls" huh?:lol: now I've heard it all:eek:

Any way I think one of the main reasons that we don't sell out ALL the time down here is the fact that there are so many transplanted people who live here........The native Floridian is rare, and since most people make the journey south later in life, their team loyalties are already formed. That's why you see Jets and Buffalo games sold out alot.......and if Cuba had a team, fuhgeddaboutit....you'd NEVER get tickets to that game.

Originally posted by JJ777
A lil off tangent but man wasnt it a disgrace a few years back when there were more FRIGGIN jets fans at pro player than dolphin fans. I just dont get FL sports fans. Being from NY we are fanatical about our teams. (I am a NY home team fan all the way except football where I am a fin fan who even subjects himself to harassment by going to Miami/jets games in my Miami gear). How is it U of Miami and FL state have such a huge following and loyal fans but the Fins cant sell out a playoff game? The Jets tickets are sold out before the season and there is a waiting list to get on become a season ticket holder. Come on fans in Miami...whats up???

You can't draw a fair comparison between the Jets and Dolphins as far as selling out games. There's over 6 million people just in the city of New York alone. The population of the city Miami is somewhere around 350,000 people. Of course there's more areas to draw from in S. Fla, but the same goes for NYC too, and you'd still have millions of more people available to buy a ticket for the Jets than the Dolphins. In order for the Jets to sell out a stadium at the same rate to population that the Dolphins do, it would have to seat 1.5 million people. So when Giants Stadium is used as some kind of guideline to selling out sports events, that feat for them really is not that impressive.

Hey Infinsilble, I am CUBAN and I sit with a group of guys that are from many different nationalities, so get off that racist trip. People go for many reasons and don't go for many reasons. But not because they are CUBAN or BLACK or ETC...

I guess most of you are to young to remember the ORANGE BOWL. 1 of the most feared places to play, Teams would come in there and wilt with the crowd right on top of them.

Originally posted by zonk39
Hey Infinsilble, I am CUBAN and I sit with a group of guys that are from many different nationalities, so get off that racist trip. People go for many reasons and don't go for many reasons. But not because they are CUBAN or BLACK or ETC...

So what you are saying is that it wouldn't make any difference at all if Cuba had an NFL team and they played at Pro Player?

Last edited:
Zonk, don't get all bent, InFINS simply meant there are a lot of transplants in Miami, which includes people from the northeast as well as people from Cuba. It's not a racist statement, it's just fact.

I don't want to sound pissy, but I just get really irritated with people who pull out the "race card" over every little thing. :rolleyes:

Thanks 87....I was going to get around to that....I was just going to take the long way...hehe

Originally posted by inFINSible

.......and if Cuba had a team, fuhgeddaboutit....you'd NEVER get tickets to that game.

What about Haiti?

Back
Top Bottom