Will we ever.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will we ever....

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
Will we ever get a new cb this season to replace poole and surtain????, i think daniels can do a good job as a nickel or dime back but i say we pick up one more cb that is consistent and we can rely on.............thoughts???:confused:

FinsAreLife said:
Will we ever get a new cb this season to replace poole and surtain????, i think daniels can do a good job as a nickel or dime back but i say we pick up one more cb that is consistent and we can rely on.............thoughts???:confused:
We still have Howard(who will start) and Edwards. Yes I would like to add someone to give us depth, but Howard is a capable starter.

Howard started a Superbowl, i think he can handle the load. Even with more zone and less man to man. Depth is a concern but Daniels is more suited to saftey.;)

Gofish1331 said:
Howard started a Superbowl, i think he can handle the load. Even with more zone and less man to man. Depth is a concern but Daniels is more suited to saftey.;)

i agree but i mean just for depth and for a litle for comfort

I would like us to get another CB but I'm confident to go if we don't. If we get R.W. McQuarters (who is still available), he will be competing for the starting job opposite of Sam Madison. If we don't get R.W. McQuarters, our other starting CB besides Madison will be between Reggie Howard and Mario Edwards. My guess would be Howard would win the job.

There is one CB who we've overlooked, the only negative is playing time, and that's roundtree, this guy has done a great job during his 2 seasons with us, but is cut and put on the ps based on numbers, this maybe the first time he can impress and make the roster.

We're not getting McQ and Saban has offered a 1 yr minimum to Law. I believe Law is his target and the longer he takes to get healthy, the cheaper he can be had. I think he is Saban's target and Nick is playing the waiting game.

I think Law is the one playing the waiting game. No one is offering much right now, but after camps start and injuries happen and/or they find out the free agent or draftee that they had plans for stinks... then his services will become more valuable. Right now he doesn't have much leverage.

Whats the best defense against the pass?

A pass rush you say?

Take a page out of the panthers defensive playbook. The QB can't throw good passes if hes scared to death of the Dline. You'll see INT's left and right with whoever we put at CB as long as our defensive line gets to the QB. And i think our dlines capapble of that.

I dont think Law takes a huge paycut. I think he's a very gready player, and he would sit out before taking a one year contract. So the chances of us gettin him..slim to none imo.

FuturePhin said:
I dont think Law takes a huge paycut. I think he's a very gready player, and he would sit out before taking a one year contract. So the chances of us gettin him..slim to none imo.

well said....I agree completly.

Back
Top Bottom