Win or lose *I am a fan* | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win or lose *I am a fan*

i think a lot of fans on this site can be considered "die easy" fans. the die hard fan believes that their team can win no matter what. dolfans are the oppossite. what? the team is two missed field goals from being 5-1. and the other loss was also by 1 point. yea... this team sucks (sarcasm)

This has been a rough year that has really tested my patience as a fan.. I find myself caring less when we lose which is a bad sign.. I have been a Phin fan since 1983 but have had a hard time getting excited this year. Maybe its just me, but I find the 2003 Phins extremely boring to watch

I don't like losing. But I'm more of the "I'd rather watch us lose than wish football season would get here" kind of guy. I don't bash the team as much as I make observations. At least that's what I walk in trying to do.

I'm a "diehard". I love football, the Dolphins, and I don't ever turn my back on them. I just can't see subscribing to all the negativity and bashing of the organization. What fun is that?? "Anything less than a SB is unacceptable to me". That's all well and good......if you're a coach. But as a fan it's just plain silly to me. The odds of winning a SB are steep. And if you EXPECT to win every year, well you're just setting yourself up for....well, whatever you personally feel. I like to hope and be cautiously optimistic. Take it week to week.

I used to get mad and stuff. But I don't have time to get mad anymore. The board gets mad for me. And playing traffic cop here makes me realize just how silly it is to overreact to such things.

I get mad every week at certain plays. But the only times I get really ticked is in those "Vinatieri kicks a FG in OT to complete the comeback end our season" moments like we had last year. That left me shellshocked. :cry:

I'll never quit on the team. While I do try to make my daily life conducive to football season, the winning and/or losing doesn't consume me. I just love football. I guess that sounds silly, but it works for me. :)

Originally posted by DPlus47
good post, '72. i used to think i reacted negatively to losses. then i came here after a 14 point win.

:lolcry:

I hear you. Sometimes you have to look pretty hard for a positive thread around here.

Originally posted by Bumrush
This has been a rough year that has really tested my patience as a fan.. I find myself caring less when we lose which is a bad sign.. I have been a Phin fan since 1983 but have had a hard time getting excited this year. Maybe its just me, but I find the 2003 Phins extremely boring to watch
I think it has more to do with maturity, than apathy.

As a Red Sox fan I know your pain (times 1000).

But you gotta keep coming back and rooting for your team - it's what sports fans do.

You've got a good team. 10-6 or 11-5 wins the division, which is still attainable for you. Every loss hurts but you're still in good shape.

I have been reading this boards now for a little over 2 seasons, as you can see I don't post alot, but everyday this first website I visit is finheaven.com. I love the dolphins and it just amazes me how people only post about the negative and never about the positive for the most part. Now I didn't get to see the game on Sunday, but ya know what I went out on Monday wearing my dolhins hat just like I do when they win, why? Cause I am proud to be a fin fan and will always be a fin fan come rain or shine. Be proud to be a fin fan. Hell at least we have winning seasons and usually are in the thick of it come the end of the season, at least weren't not the bengals or hell the Detriot Tigers, they had to win 3 outta 4 of there last games this season just to not go down as the worst baseball team ever.

Wait wait wait. I am happy that you do that. I do too. Being critical does not mean a person does not support or like his team. We are negative about certain aspects of our team. Negative comments usually stand out that is all.

Originally posted by Jaj
Wait wait wait. I am happy that you do that. I do too. Being critical does not mean a person does not support or like his team. We are negative about certain aspects of our team. Negative comments usually stand out that is all.

Being critical is part of being a fan ... But SOME people like to share their criticism of this team "publicly" win or lose every freakin post ...

It gets real old and it seems to be the same fans over and over again... I have questions / comments about the problems that seem to plague this team every season.. But I realize that EVERY team,, even the Chiefs has problems !!

I have been a Dolphin fan since the were franchised and I do not have any plans on jumping off the bandwagon anytime soon.. And when the frustration of a loss needs to be vented,, I usually IM a few other Dolphin fans and keep the m-b's free from personal spam ....

:rockon:

Marino1983

Could we just make this thread a "sticky" for the season so we don't have to start a new luvfest each week?

:ladysman: :argue: :drinkers: :chat: :friends: :gossip: :blah: :chair: :friday: :samurai: :spank: :hi5: :hug: :wall:

I paid out a lot of hard earned dough to be at that game...

...which is why I haven't been around for the last 10 days or so. I was hugely disappointed with the loss but it's not over yet. And I'm not going to repaint my little boy's dolphin coloured bedroom over it.

Dan marino's era is over - and football doesn't look as pretty as it did. But I sure as hell got up in salute of my team each time we made first down with a great reception to Randy, or made a play to prevent one on D. And I still will until there's no more breath in this superbowl run. Yes I said superbowl run.

Sometimes there's not as much as you think in the analysis of every game details. Guys, players, coaches alike do make mistakes. They also make plays and calls. But when you step back, we're 1-2 at home. 3-0 on the road. When did we ever lose at home? There's more to this Marlin's infield than any resident of South Florida is prepared to admit 'cos they're on a world series run (and I believe baseball means more to most Americans than Football - attested to by the fact that a lot of people asked me about being a Marlins fan as I paraded around South Beach in an array of Dolphins game jerseys along with my similarly attired little boy).

Who'll be writing us off after home wins against the likes of the Colts, Eagles and 'skins on a pure grass field? That along with a better road record than of late should put us in the playoffs. We wont beat anyone big. But the W's will keep rolling in.

And if they don't, I'll be supporting the new cast of Dolphins that come in to replace a bunch of failures, next season.

Back
Top Bottom