Win or Lose...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win or Lose......

BigFinFan

The Only Fin Fan in SD
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have come to realize that it does not matter if we win or if we lose, many of you will NEVER be happy. We could go undefeated and people would still find something to complain about.

We are 5-3 - not dead! It could be a lot worse, we could be CHARGERS fans!

Take a look at the season:

Week 1 - Lost at home by 1 point! Should not have lost this game
Week 2 - Beat the Jets in the Meadowlands - Division Win
Week 3 - Dominated the undefeated Bills - Division Win
Week 4 - BYE
Week 5 - Beat the Giants in the Meadowlands
Week 6 - Beat the Jags in Jacksonville
Week 7 - Lost to New England in overtime at home - Fluke Division loss
Week 8 - Beat the Chargers in San Diego (Phoenix)
Week 9 - Lost at home by 6 Points to Indy.

In our 5 wins:
The Offense has averaged - 22.2 ppg (111 points / 5 games)
The Defense has averaged - 9.4 ppg (47 points / 5 games)

In our 3 losses:
The Offense has averaged - 16.7 ppg (50 points / 3 games)
The Defense has averaged - 21.0 ppg (63 points / 3 games)

Overall:
The Offense has averaged - 20.12 ppg (161 points / 8 games)
The Defense has averaged - 13.8 ppg (110 points / 8 games)

Prior to Sundays Loss:
The Offense has averaged - 20.6 ppg (144 points / 7 games)
The Defense has averaged - 12.4 ppg (87 points / 7 games)

In the loss to the Colts we gave up more points than we have all year!

We are a very good team - when we play to our strengths!!!!

I have not lost hope or faith in this team.

I truly hate to say this, but Lets go Broncos! We need to keep the Pat's in our sites!

Win or Lose... get rid of Fiedler and Wanny (the done dynamic duo)

I thought I'd simplify your life.

:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question, but how are we going to blame JF for this loss? If any unit is to blame, it would have to be the defense.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Just a question, but how are we going to blame JF for this loss? If any unit is to blame, it would have to be the defense.

I blame Fiedler because he didn't give Griese his water bottle fast enough.

JK. Seriously speaking, of course I can't blame Fiedler for this loss. In fact, I don't like blaming any one player for any loss. However, I'm not too fond about the notion of Fiedler or Wanny returning next year IF we don't at least reach the AFC championship game with this group.

We would be STUPID to bring JF with his horrible cap number for next year

That's it stuff your head in that hole, close your eyes and cover your ears and sing "NA NA NA NA" and pretend nothing is wrong, everything is fine, the team is perfect. :D

:stick: Just poking fun, There's still alot of good with this team, people are just frustrated and venting. But there's nothing wrong with pointing out their faults either. There will always be people who think we'll go to the SB every year and people that cry whenever something goes wrong. That's what these boards are for. ;)

We would be STUPID to bring JF with his horrible cap number for next year

I agree, but remember that deals like the one Jay signed are renegotiated with regularity. Will the Dolphins be willing to strike a new deal? Will Jay? Only time will tell...

Originally posted by Jimmy James

I agree, but remember that deals like the one Jay signed are renegotiated with regularity. Will the Dolphins be willing to strike a new deal? Will Jay? Only time will tell...

I don't think there's any way in hell Jay comes back unless he takes DRAMATIC pay cut, something a backup QB would be getting. Whether or not Griese comes back, I doubt Fiedler will start next year. I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by ILOVETHEMADDOG

I don't think there's any way in hell Jay comes back unless he takes DRAMATIC pay cut, something a backup QB would be getting. Whether or not Griese comes back, I doubt Fiedler will start next year. I could be wrong though.

I put the chances at about 50% for both Griese and Fiedler being with the team next year. My best guess is that the guy willing to take less will be back and competing against another veteran for the job. The only problem is that this strategy could backfire and leave the team with neither one of them. Well, that would be the case if Griese is either a free agent or has a deal that needs to be renegotiated next year. I must admit I forget what his status is...

I personally thought that Griese played pretty well on sunday.. had it not been for the WHOLE offensive line, we would have won. The defense played good for most of the game and Griese threw passes down the field that i havent seen in years. I like Fielder but we all know he cant make passes like that. Griese got sacked what 3-4 times?! O-Line needs to pick the hell up and do their job. They do their job, Ricky can run better and Griese can have more time to throw to the recievers/tight ends. Just my opinion.

:missmeth:

Originally posted by MissMeth
I personally thought that Griese played pretty well on sunday.. had it not been for the WHOLE offensive line, we would have won. The defense played good for most of the game and Griese threw passes down the field that i havent seen in years. I like Fielder but we all know he cant make passes like that. Griese got sacked what 3-4 times?! O-Line needs to pick the hell up and do their job. They do their job, Ricky can run better and Griese can have more time to throw to the recievers/tight ends. Just my opinion.

:missmeth:

I agree. However, calling a naked bootleg near the goaline with BG running the O is asking for trouble. The O line is horrible and until they improve we must find ways to keep defenses on their heels with quick plays. We have big targets in Randy and DT and we need to exploit the holes left when teams bring up a safety to stop the run.

BTW, nice, um, teeth.

If the naked bootleg had scored us a TD, it would have been a great call!

I don't think it was a bad call. They rolled away from Freeney and sent Ricky over there to help Smith. Surely you'd think that you'd get more than 2.5 seconds to find someone before the doubled DE gets there. Heck, neither receiver had a chance to get open.

We're 5-3.

Pats lose tonight really helps us, but then again if they win it won't kill us. We've been on the other side of the coin being 5-2, 6-1 and what not.

I remember everyone on this board saying "I want to see a diff Dolphins team this year". Guess what? We're losing at home and winning away so there is something definetely different about this team this year..be it good or bad. Maybe we'll just happen to get everything hot going into December? It's not like every team that goes to the SB is 7-1 right now ;)

I have come to realize that it does not matter if we win or if we lose, many of you will NEVER be happy. We could go undefeated and people would still find something to complain about.

We are 5-3 - not dead! It could be a lot worse, we could be CHARGERS fans!

Take a look at the season:

Week 1 - Lost at home by 1 point! Should not have lost this game
Week 2 - Beat the Jets in the Meadowlands - Division Win
Week 3 - Dominated the undefeated Bills - Division Win
Week 4 - BYE
Week 5 - Beat the Giants in the Meadowlands
Week 6 - Beat the Jags in Jacksonville
Week 7 - Lost to New England in overtime at home - Fluke Division loss
Week 8 - Beat the Chargers in San Diego (Phoenix)
Week 9 - Lost at home by 6 Points to Indy.

In our 5 wins:
The Offense has averaged - 22.2 ppg (111 points / 5 games)
The Defense has averaged - 9.4 ppg (47 points / 5 games)

In our 3 losses:
The Offense has averaged - 16.7 ppg (50 points / 3 games)
The Defense has averaged - 21.0 ppg (63 points / 3 games)

Overall:
The Offense has averaged - 20.12 ppg (161 points / 8 games)
The Defense has averaged - 13.8 ppg (110 points / 8 games)

Prior to Sundays Loss:
The Offense has averaged - 20.6 ppg (144 points / 7 games)
The Defense has averaged - 12.4 ppg (87 points / 7 games)

In the loss to the Colts we gave up more points than we have all year!

We are a very good team - when we play to our strengths!!!!

I have not lost hope or faith in this team.

I truly hate to say this, but Lets go Broncos! We need to keep the Pat's in our sites!

ROFL....did you read Edwin Pope's article. I'll paraphrase it for you....."The Fins arent that bad..but they arent that good, either".

And that my friend, is the bottom line.

You say "Some will never be happy, even if we would be undefeated"....How in the hell can you possibly know that? You then follow that tidbit of wisdom by saying that we shouldn't have lost to Houston and NE was a fluke.

So should we be happier because we lost games that we shouldve won? ROFL..what in the hell is wrong with you people? Is there NOT ONE Fins fan that has standards? Is any/every performance, regardless of how miserable just A-ok with you people?

Geez. You guys are truly amazing.

Back
Top Bottom