Win Total Projections | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win Total Projections

I mean all I wanted to see was flores build on his success from last year. One of the key indicators of a good coach is an upward to steady win trend from year to year. Our previous head coaches only regressed or stayed average. Flores has shown improvement and even getting to 8-8 is still a good accomplishment with our team.
Agreed. 8-8 is about where I expected us to be. We're improved over last year, added a lot of high draft picks and expensive FA's, finished strong with a very young team last year ... so it's expected that the win total would go up. But, as I said, if/when we decide to go with the rookie at QB, all bets are off. While it appears Tua is healthy enough (although still lacking a great deal in his throwing velocity, which concerns me), he seems to be showing the high level of decision making that was his strength coming into the NFL, and overall pretty decent accuracy as well.

Sure, he's really only throwing bootlegs, screens and long drop throws, so I'm sure defenses will adjust, but he's throwing all three with success. Surely he'll endure the rookie ups and downs, and even if we lose a game here or there from it, we need to just grin and bear it because Tua's development is the most important thing we can get from this season (assuming he stays healthy). With this draft class growing and the 2021 draft class coming in and growing, we're looking pretty darn good for the future.

I think we end up at 10 wins and snag a wildcard spot. That Raiders game will be the difference for 10 and a wildcard spot most likely.

Unfortunately at this point we pretty much have no shot at the division tho given we are 1-2 and Bills are 3-0 in the division. Unless the Bills complete tank.
I tend to agree with you, but your statement indicates trying to win a tie breaker vs the Bills. If zona can beat them this week and we beat the bolts we are tied with one game heads up. We would then own our own destiny, not needing to win a tie breaker as the winner of the bills game would have a one game lead over the loser. Our schedules are pretty similar, with us having a hard to win game vs KC and they having Pitt. So I think it is still a long shot and I agree we won't be winning a tie breaker with them, but winning the division out right is not out of the picture.

You're right again, of course. I keep forgetting that if people like me start thinking ahead, a player may get injured in the next game, which Miami loses.

Lets get there, one game at a time. Not sexy nor fun, watching cement dry has that problem.

I tend to agree with you, but your statement indicates trying to win a tie breaker vs the Bills. If zona can beat them this week and we beat the bolts we are tied with one game heads up. We would then own our own destiny, not needing to win a tie breaker as the winner of the bills game would have a one game lead over the loser. Our schedules are pretty similar, with us having a hard to win game vs KC and they having Pitt. So I think it is still a long shot and I agree we won't be winning a tie breaker with them, but winning the division out right is not out of the picture.
The division record for us vs the Bills is what hurts us. They are 3-0 and we are 1-2. While it’s not completely out of the picture if u look at the Bills schedule, odd of us winning the div is super low. Bills are -600 while we are +550.

Happy with 10 - 6.

Disappointed with 9 - 7 (or worse).

Ecstatic with 11 - 5 (or better).
I understand this sort of thinking but we are a very VERY young team with a lot of room for growth. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. We are about as hot as we can get right now but we both know that won't last for the rest of the season. We have been winning games where we are underdogs, now for the next 4 games we will be favorites, we don't know yet how we will respond to that. If I were to bet on the final record I would lean towards 9-7, but to be honest I think there is less than a 40% chance that we get to play all the games. I have a bad feeling Covid is about to change the number of games played, and there is a very high chance there will be no playoffs.
Remember we are dolphin fans, the football gods will not allow us to enjoy success. If we went undefeated the rest of the regular season there would be a 100% chance they would cancel the playoffs just to piss us off.

The division record for us vs the Bills is what hurts us. They are 3-0 and we are 1-2. While it’s not completely out of the picture if u look at the Bills schedule, odd of us winning the div is super low. Bills are -600 while we are +550.
Right, I agree it will be tough/nearly impossible to win a tie breaker, but again the division record has no bearing on anything if we are tied going into the last game. This weekend will be huge, we have to beat the bolts and the cardinals have to beat the bills to even things up, then we just have to keep pace with the bills the rest of the year and it will come down to that last game, and if we win that the tie breakers won't matter.

It seems like everyone on this board thinks the Chiefs are invincible. They almost lost to the Panthers past week. Let me repeat this, they almost lost to the Panthers last week. We fight hard every game and all losses are close. Not gonna be surprised when we beat them.

I understand this sort of thinking but we are a very VERY young team with a lot of room for growth. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season. We are about as hot as we can get right now but we both know that won't last for the rest of the season. We have been winning games where we are underdogs, now for the next 4 games we will be favorites, we don't know yet how we will respond to that. If I were to bet on the final record I would lean towards 9-7, but to be honest I think there is less than a 40% chance that we get to play all the games. I have a bad feeling Covid is about to change the number of games played, and there is a very high chance there will be no playoffs.
Remember we are dolphin fans, the football gods will not allow us to enjoy success. If we went undefeated the rest of the regular season there would be a 100% chance they would cancel the playoffs just to piss us off.
I just gave what my personal feelings would be with various results from today's vantage point.

Not predictions.

I'm aware anything can happen, and always does.

This is the most important game of the season thus far and the momentum of the rest of our season hinges on it.

The team has preformed above expectations so far this year. I think fans, however, need to pump the breaks and take it one game at a time. Our biggest issue is depth. Losing players to the Covid -19 exemption list or injury could hurt a lot. The game this week will be a real test without a defensive captain and starting DT. Let’s hope we win this and move on to Denver next week.

Back
Top Bottom