Winning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning

jawa3913

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But according to Herm Edwards....."Hello...you play to win the game". I just can't believe the Dolphins are tanking.

But according to Herm Edwards....."Hello...you play to win the game". I just can't believe the Dolphins are tanking.
Really? You can't believe it? This tank is coming with alot of draft capital as well as FA capital. That by no means it'll work. But it's a diversion from the hamster wheel of mediocrity we've been trapped on forever. Wouldja prefer that?Another year hovering around. 500? Not me. Maybe this time we finally land the QB.

In fact, the NFL's Competition Committee is currently investigating the tank. And, something could certainly come out of it. In the past, there has been a rather fine line between "tanking," and "rebuilding." But, the Dolphins are being pretty egregious about it. I'm not sure that any team, in the seeming process of tanking, has publicly put their entire roster on the trading block.

And while it may not seem such a serious issue to the average, depressed Dolphins fan, the NFL most certainly has a stake in this.

For starters, the NFL has, by act of congress, antitrust exemption. This obscure designation has come in pretty handy on occasion when things like deflategate, and spygate have avoided such things as interstate RICO indictments. But, beyond the more egregious cases, it is important to realize that there are many businesses that rely on the competitive nature of the NFL, and the Miami Dolphins, to turn a buck. If a team is seen to be intentionally making moves to make themselves as uncompetitive as possible, the U.S. House of Representatives will, once again, revisit the issue. Historically, such things have not gained much traction. But, in today's political climate... who knows what could happen?

More obviously, the NFL has worked tirelessly to maintain some amount of parity in the league. That is, after all, the entire point of the cap system, and the method by which they dole out draft picks, and the rules for free agency.

To be sure, the NFL is not happy with the way the Dolphins are handling the tank.

Don't forget spygate.. because Nfl is always looking out for it's best interests..

In fact, the NFL's Competition Committee is currently investigating the tank. And, something could certainly come out of it. In the past, there has been a rather fine line between "tanking," and "rebuilding." But, the Dolphins are being pretty egregious about it. I'm not sure that any team, in the seeming process of tanking, has publicly put their entire roster on the trading block.

And while it may not seem such a serious issue to the average, depressed Dolphins fan, the NFL most certainly has a stake in this.

For starters, the NFL has, by act of congress, antitrust exemption. This obscure designation has come in pretty handy on occasion when things like deflategate, and spygate have avoided such things as interstate RICO indictments. But, beyond the more egregious cases, it is important to realize that there are many businesses that rely on the competitive nature of the NFL, and the Miami Dolphins, to turn a buck. If a team is seen to be intentionally making moves to make themselves as uncompetitive as possible, the U.S. House of Representatives will, once again, revisit the issue. Historically, such things have not gained much traction. But, in today's political climate... who knows what could happen?

More obviously, the NFL has worked tirelessly to maintain some amount of parity in the league. That is, after all, the entire point of the cap system, and the method by which they dole out draft picks, and the rules for free agency.

To be sure, the NFL is not happy with the way the Dolphins are handling the tank.
NFL's Competition Committee huh? So NE dominates the AFC for 2 decades, wins 6 SBs and almost had 10 or more but the Committee does nothing but watch while Rome burns However once a franchise has the cohonies to thumb their nose at the status quo they all of the sudden get serious about parity? There is no parity in the current NFL....Its NE and everyone else Period. If they want to investigate anything how about starting in Foxboro?

Dolphins will not be punished by the NFL but expect new rules going forward. No team has ever “processed” to this extreme level before. I don’t get how some think that we can possibly win more than a game or two. This is by far the worst roster in modern history. The tank is kind of stealth though. Just take a look at our OL and pass rushers. We literally don’t have a chance to win. But it’s on purpose and we have a plan. It’s better than going 8-8 with no hope for anything.

Dolphins will not be punished by the NFL but expect new rules going forward. No team has ever “processed” to this extreme level before. I don’t get how some think that we can possibly win more than a game or two. This is by far the worst roster in modern history. The tank is kind of stealth though. Just take a look at our OL and pass rushers. We literally don’t have a chance to win. But it’s on purpose and we have a plan. It’s better than going 8-8 with no hope for anything.
If the tank is 'kind of stealth' why is EVERYONE talking about it?

Indeed. I expect some type of lottery system where the top 10 picks are randomly allotted.

Seriously? I remember Colt's fans wearing "Suck for Luck" t-shirts to games, with Surfer/QB Curtis Painter. I mean freaking Cleveland went what 1-31 over two consecutive years! But we are an issue? What if the trade for Clowney would have went through? I mean we wanted him but he turned us down. The trade with Houston? Look at the value, same with Fitzpatrick. Unreal.

If the tank is 'kind of stealth' why is EVERYONE talking about it?
Because the front office has deliberately ignored the lines. Even before the Tunsil trade, you could see what the plan was. Most only pay attention to the skill positions.

Cleveland go 1-31 and have won how many SB's so far?
Let's see how successful the Dolphins are in regards to draft choices and FA and any success first before some one starts a witch hunt.

Back
Top Bottom