Wins above Replacement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wins above Replacement

Thank you. He's also going to be cut IMHO.

I cannot lie. Both Billings and Robinson intrigue me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami should not be looking at interior line in the first three rounds of the draft. Edge rusher I can definitely see, but Miami just drafted a DT in the second round of the draft last year and there are far bigger needs.

Miami should not be looking at interior line in the first three rounds of the draft. Edge rusher I can definitely see, but Miami just drafted a DT in the second round of the draft last year and there are far bigger needs.

Amen, needs edge rushers and LB's who can fill and cover over DT's at this point

Yeah but they want Phillips to lose weight, which to me is a sign that he might become the 3rd DT who comes in on passing downs, which was Earl's natural spot for us. If we cut Earl, then getting another DT becomes a pretty important position, and it would be nice to have a stout premier DT taking on double teams so Suh can actually make more of an impact for us.

Yeah but they want Phillips to lose weight, which to me is a sign that he might become the 3rd DT who comes in on passing downs, which was Earl's natural spot for us. If we cut Earl, then getting another DT becomes a pretty important position, and it would be nice to have a stout premier DT taking on double teams so Suh can actually make more of an impact for us.

The potential losses of OV and Shelby far outweigh a possible cap cut of Mitchell. Pass rush, LB's and cover guys have to come before getting another DT

To me, you have to first make the opposing team one dimensional. Pass rushers and cover lb's aren't going to really matter if the other team is avg 5 yards a carry. Having the inside as stout as possible, highlights everyone else because now linebackers can slide and fill in, or blitz, or drop into coverage; now pass rushers can go for the sack on 3rd and longs instead of 3rd and 2. Phillips also isn't built to take on 2 blockers all game, that's not really what he's good at, but I did like the fact that he could shoot the gaps and wreak havoc in the backfield. Suh is also in the same mold, we're not paying him to be Wilfork, we want more sacks, tackles for loss, with him. That's why, imo, getting someone to come in and start right away, and take on multiple blockers all game, is very important and that is either Billings or Robinson.

Back
Top Bottom