Winston in Hot Water Again? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winston in Hot Water Again?

Winston loves the game. His teammates like him.

The biggest sticking point are the sexual assault cloud. It is a very serious allegation and the details are essential. Do the allegations come back? Does he get charged? Does the woman sue for money?

I have no idea who is in the right between the two, but selfishly it cannot be a distraction to the franchise. The Fins are in no position to take that on.

With that said, I think the kid can play and will be successful in the NFL.

he should be the #1 pick bar none...that kids got special traits...only thing he isnt is a high end move athlete...but he ids coverage and goes thru progressions damn well...leagues dumb if he's not the top pick

he should be the #1 pick bar none...that kids got special traits...only thing he isnt is a high end move athlete...but he ids coverage and goes thru progressions damn well...leagues dumb if he's not the top pick

It will be interesting to see how he handles our defense when he comes up here on October 30th. We've got a handful of players on defense that will make him pay if he's careless with the football.

IMO First the NCAA needs to stop handing the Heinzman trophy out to freshmen. Johnny Manzel was another prime example of some kid out of high school being put on a pedestal right away and everyone expecting for him to handle it like a adult. Sure to open up a debate saying that but talent can be measured in different ways both a body of work and a period of time and for that trophy it should be both. Unfortunaltly for Winston he just happens to have his college career highlighted the very same time that the NFL is being scrutentized as "the" sport for anit gay, bullying and spousal abuse. Like many situations opinions tend to swing far left or far right while most individuals are for the most part in the middle but thats not what the media wants us to think. Winston not only appears talented but stands behind his team on the field which is important in a team sport. Bottom line a talented kid and I underline kid. Nice thing about kids is that they tend to grow up so there is always that future to bet on.

I absolutely agree that they need to go back to giving the Heisman Trophy to Juniors and Seniors. It's just gotten a little bit out of hand and a lot of these kids aren't mature enough to handle it.

You also make another great point that I've been trying to get across in regards to Winston. I just think you have to stop evaluating Winston as if he's a 25 year old. This kid is barely removed from his teenage years by months. He's got a lot of maturing to do, but the best thing for him is he still has a lot of time to do it.

As for his ability on the field.... I think we're done here.

i'll take that wr rashad green over hartline too...he wont test like a 1st round grade pick but there's no way that he should be on the board at pick 50...that kid is polished...

Unfortunately Winston may not get that chance or want to stay in school and mature. Regardless, he should go first because he is well worth the risk.

I give more leeway to mental mistakes than physical ones like drugs / DUI's or violence. A dumbo can learn from his bad judgement calls, and as long as his body isn't hampered by bad habits or put in harms way, he can perform as you need him to and will be relied upon. On the other hand, a more civil guy who maybe partakes in drugs or binge-drinking, etc., is putting his physical performance at risk.

Until he does something like that, I wouldn't take him out of the 1st-2nd rounds.

Winston and Connor Cook should be the only 1st rounders this year though Mariota will be taken ahead of both them. Mariota is a systems QB that will get hurt trying to run it…and those fumbles?

Winston and Connor Cook should be the only 1st rounders this year though Mariota will be taken ahead of both them. Mariota is a systems QB that will get hurt trying to run it…and those fumbles?

1 interception in 8 games on a pass that was deflected twice. Interceptions are always turnovers. Fumbles are a 50/50 proposition. Connor Cook is a 3rd Round developmental QB. I'm nowhere near as high on Mariota as others but he's a franchise quarterback. I think he'll be as good as or better than Kaepernick. Weaker arm and more fumbles, but less interceptions.

i'll take that wr rashad green over hartline too...he wont test like a 1st round grade pick but there's no way that he should be on the board at pick 50...that kid is polished...

I really, really like Rashad Greene. Best hands in the draft. Extremely polished in everything he does. The type of player that goes to New England and catches 85-100 balls a year. He's the perfect fit for their scheme. Really smart player. He's an on the ground receiver. That's the biggest critique with him. I think with the underclassmen coming out he's going to get pushed down some and someone is going to get a steal in the 64-75 range. Good #2 and Great #3 at the next level. Really like him in the slot. If you go way back to 2012 he beat Kyle Fuller real bad a few times getting off press, and Kyle Fuller is a stud. If I'm a GM/HC I want 53 Rashad Greene's on my roster.

1 interception in 8 games on a pass that was deflected twice. Interceptions are always turnovers. Fumbles are a 50/50 proposition. Connor Cook is a 3rd Round developmental QB. I'm nowhere near as high on Mariota as others but he's a franchise quarterback. I think he'll be as good as or better than Kaepernick. Weaker arm and more fumbles, but less interceptions.

At the same time, I see balls that will be picked at the next level that Mariota is throwing now. He is not going to run away from NFL LB's and DB's like he is now. Sorry, I just don't see it.

Winston is well ahead of Mariota and Cook is going a heck of a lot night per than you are predicting if he decides to come out.

At the same time, I see balls that will be picked at the next level that Mariota is throwing now. He is not going to run away from NFL LB's and DB's like he is now. Sorry, I just don't see it.

Winston is well ahead of Mariota and Cook is going a heck of a lot night per than you are predicting if he decides to come out.

Of course he is. He'll be overdrafted I'm sure of it. He's not that good at all. Draft grade and where someone is drafted is totally different. He's going in the first round if he declares. However, that doesn't mean he is worthy.

30 to 35 scouts and a handful of GMs are expected to be here for the FSU game tomorrow night. Tons of NFL prospects on the field at Papa Johns tomorrow evening.

not sure i've ever seen a qb get moved off the spot and throw off his back foot with more damn accuracy than winston...i mean it's almost like he's better when he gets moved off the preferred launch point and throws off his back foot fading away...

Back
Top Bottom