Wish we had Micah not Waddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wish we had Micah not Waddle

Even with Waddle here it doesn't seem like we have enough to rely on at the receiver position so I don't agree at all.

If you're reason for not bringing more talent into a position is because of what a 7 year veteran is doing in training camp when he's never topped 43 catches, 600 yards, and has a chronic hip after injury in 2018, that's also really bad logic.

When Earl Thomas signed with the Ravens, people expected big things. What they got was a guy who didn’t want to learn assignments and wanted to be a free lancing ball hawk. That doesn’t work in a multiple front scheme like the Ravens run. He lasted what, 1 year on a multi-year deal (maybe it was 2).

The point here is that Minkah is a very similar player to Thomas. Undoubtedly talented, but he wants to play the game his way. Our defense is based around 11 guys knowing their responsibility each play and executing as a team. You can’t run cover 0 with safeties who would rather ball hawk while floating around the field than actually sticking to their coverage each play.

The reality is he wasn’t a fit for the team Flores was trying to build, so we granted his (wildly childish) public trade request. It’s over and done with now, I don’t see why people keep bringing it up. There is a reason your windshield is bigger than your rear view mirror; you have to keep looking forward to get anywhere in life.

I would have been fine with Parsons as I think he's a damn fine player, but I've learned to really like the Waddle pick.

When Earl Thomas signed with the Ravens, people expected big things. What they got was a guy who didn’t want to learn assignments and wanted to be a free lancing ball hawk. That doesn’t work in a multiple front scheme like the Ravens run. He lasted what, 1 year on a multi-year deal (maybe it was 2).

The point here is that Minkah is a very similar player to Thomas. Undoubtedly talented, but he wants to play the game his way. Our defense is based around 11 guys knowing their responsibility each play and executing as a team. You can’t run cover 0 with safeties who would rather ball hawk while floating around the field than actually sticking to their coverage each play.

The reality is he wasn’t a fit for the team Flores was trying to build, so we granted his (wildly childish) public trade request. It’s over and done with now, I don’t see why people keep bringing it up. There is a reason your windshield is bigger than your rear view mirror; you have to keep looking forward to get anywhere in life.
Micah Parsons.

With how great Wilson has looked and adding Fuller did we really need to add 3 weapons instead of 2 and trade up for Waddle

yes it’s early but staying at 12 and taking BPA (Micah) would based on what we have seen so far make us better this year plus give us another first next year
How did we know Wilson would look great?

While Waddle is tearing up the league you can watch Dallas and Micah.

I love hindsight threads. There is no way now to say Micah would have been available at 12.

With how great Wilson has looked and adding Fuller did we really need to add 3 weapons instead of 2 and trade up for Waddle

yes it’s early but staying at 12 and taking BPA (Micah) would based on what we have seen so far make us better this year plus give us another first next year
I don't see any foundation for the assumption made in your second paragraph.

Care to elaborate with any substantive related data?

Minkah Fitzpatrick had absolutely nothing to do with OPs premise......

Back
Top Bottom