With Byrd absent, Beast Beach to have a huge game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Byrd absent, Beast Beach to have a huge game

Y. Bell played in the Pro Bowl last year for the AFC. Vontae will be there in short order (in my opinion).

It's the Chris Clemons and Jason Allen (plus Sean Smith plus Benny Sapp plus Nolan Carroll) portion of our secondary that needs some proving on Sunday and all through this season.

Hey, 50% good is better than 0% good! :)

And I take Y. Bell over Whitner or Bryan Scott, personally. Wasn't Whitner benched for Byrd last season even before Byrd led the league in INTs? Pretty sure I recall that happening.

This outcome is impossible to predict, either way. I said in another post I didn't think the Bills were a lock to win. We get dogged supporting Edwards and none of us have said he's gonna do anything special. Someone else brought up the bad preseason our D had. The phins didn't look too hot either, on either side of the ball. Yet our first string offense produced points, and not just from one factor of the offense. Edwards is still barely average at this point until he proves otherwise. Henne is absolutely NO different, Brandon Marshall or not. Yes, you will have success running the ball, won't deny it. But if you think we won't, you're as blind as anyone. Lynch has had success against the fins, and Spiller is every bit as dangerous and most of you know that. Byrd may be hobbled, but I'm sure Jake Long will be as well, which could mean a career day for Maybin. I suspect Gailey will gameplan against stacking 8 in the box. If Edwards gets Parrish on a slant, you don't have one person on D that can catch him if he gets any room at all.

This outcome is impossible to predict, either way. I said in another post I didn't think the Bills were a lock to win. We get dogged supporting Edwards and none of us have said he's gonna do anything special. Someone else brought up the bad preseason our D had. The phins didn't look too hot either, on either side of the ball. Yet our first string offense produced points, and not just from one factor of the offense. Edwards is still barely average at this point until he proves otherwise. Henne is absolutely NO different, Brandon Marshall or not. Yes, you will have success running the ball, won't deny it. But if you think we won't, you're as blind as anyone. Lynch has had success against the fins, and Spiller is every bit as dangerous and most of you know that. Byrd may be hobbled, but I'm sure Jake Long will be as well, which could mean a career day for Maybin. I suspect Gailey will gameplan against stacking 8 in the box. If Edwards gets Parrish on a slant, you don't have one person on D that can catch him if he gets any room at all.

Cam Wake - hard to throw to anyone on your back...

Win or lose I will defintely be back. I'm not afraid or too good to wish you guys good luck after the game. Oh, and I never claimed Trent Edwards would light up your secondary, as weak as it is. You however are trying to convince me that Henne is going to shred our CB's and Safeties? Riiiiiight. Sounds more like you need to convince yourself. Maybe you're confusing Henne with Chad Pennington, now thats the guy that always had good games against us. Henne, not so much.

Two freakin games and you have summed up Henne's career...

buffalo2351 says "Maybin will have a career day on Long"

So what's that, a tackle or even an assisted tackled, ha ha ha! What a joke!

Henne to Marshall, Ronnie and Ricky all day, Bess converting on 3rd downs and the all but forgotten Fasano splitting the seams. I see a route, and I see it early.

aaron maybin sucks.. he was a complete disapointment... I'm worried about lee evans, and cj spiller.. thats it.. remember, cam wake had 3 sacks last year against these bills.. they havent exactly gotten much better!

LYNCH is dick against anyone good, and SPILLER's unproven: he's a "college boy", here to try to play against men. He may be or become great. Or he could be dick as well. I do know that playing a 3-4 w/4-3 personnel isn't exactly desirable. MAYBIN's dick as well, something which can be said for BUFFALO's DL and OLBs generally. Someone above posted about TORBOR. The GIANTS didn't mind losing him, and neither did we: here, he was medoiocre on a good day at OLB but PARCELLS thought that MAYBE he could make it as ILB. Ha! Remember the game you won against us last year? TORBOR looked "All Pro", right?

BYRD has some sort of injury. I'm not going to play Dr. Kildare or anything, but to play at even 90% is risky business: it's a big advantage to give your opponent, because at THIS level, EVERYONE was a star in college, and everyone has skills and they allresemble a superhuman. So, even at 90%, BYRD i/m/o won't be the same BYRD, and that's bad.

EDWARDS couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. He was and is a disaster, and I can't for the life of me understand why a good coach (and you now have a HC that I respect) wouldn't "upgrade" the most important offensive position. There were a couple of alternatives, but he chose a smallish "scatback". I guess maybe HE thought BUFFALO's HBs were dick also.

PARRISH, as a WR, hasn't done it to date. What's changed? The player I really feel bad for is EVANS. He HAS good ability, but he has wasted his professional life in BUFFALO, or had it wasted for him, by an assortment of dick OCs and DONALD DUCK QBs. I wonder what he MIGHT have done w/a good team? Oh, well: for him, there's no escape and no relief in sight.

Back
Top Bottom