With the 16th Pick in the draft.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 16th Pick in the draft....

buddy Peterson is the only player that will come big allen and lewis will come cheap
umpalu said:
So we sign perterson and can afford no one else for free agency and your plan has already backfired. I vote against that. Remember, we are still over the cap at this point. I know we will go under, but not nearly to the neighborhood of $20 million as some are saying.

FA Damione LEwis July Peterson Will allen
[/QUOTE]

dol_fan_81 said:
i think at the most 7 teams could take a QB before us, please dont bite my head off for saying that. i know teams might be looking for the QB of the future but taking a QB is also a risk so lets hope they don't. these are:

Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals

Maybe all of them wont

Houston- Carr but maybe
New Orleans- probally will but maybe they get a Free Agent QB instead....
Tennessee- Most Likely will unless there is a great player on the board at another position
Jets- Pennington may still be their guy considering his cap #
Oakland- Drafted Andrew Walters last year it all depends how they feel about him at this point
Lions- Harrington? Maybe released....but that may be our gain, I wouldnt mind signing him
Arizona- Resign Warner? Josh McCown? They may be better suited taking a RB to complete their offense

EDIT: With the 26th selection in the 2006 NFL draft the New England Patriots select....Diet Pepsi machine?

*Announcer*

Well it looks like they are trying to counter Miami's move of taking the most talented player in the draft 'Coke Machine'

The dolphins traded every first rounder from now untill the year 2999 to get him, and they hope he lives up to the hype :lol:

Admittedlly, I'm not familiar with the incoming draft class to make judgements about individual players, save for notable names such as Reggie Bush. However, I believe the Dolphins should address some of their needs in the draft such as:

QB (I suspect they'll pick one in the first round)
OT (In later rounds, talent can always be found and developed)
CB (2nd or 3rd round? They need to replace Sam Madison)

If there's no viable QB to draft by the time the Dolphins are on the clock, I suspect they'll trade down or draft Best Player Available.

Cutler wont be there when we pick, unfortunately.

I'd love the Greenway pick... we'll get a good player at #16.

if we can pull in a clements or allen at corner, we should do it. If not, I'd say to go after a guy like Cromratie out of FSU. He's the best corner in college football despite missing this year with injury. Tye Hill is a great player but Antonio is a better player overall.

I know this is nitpicky but I hate terms like "our first round needs are..."

And that is just because I hate drafting for IMMEDIATE need. I mean, it ends up happening one way or the other I guess...but I try more to whittle down the positions rather than whittle up the positions. Like, ok, who AREN'T we going to draft? Probably not a tight end. Probably not a RB. Probably not a WR. Probably not an OG (valuation call, I don't believe in drafting OGs that high). Probably not a Jason Taylor clone. Probably not another undersized MLB (we've already got three MLBs...zach, channing, pope). And, lol, probably not a K or P. Everything else is open for drafting based on long term needs. I guess that means you COULD call QB, OT, C, DE/DT, DT/NT, OLB, CB, and S our first round "needs" but I just get itchy when I hear the term. It's more like the positions I'd be willing to invest a first round pick in.

IMO, in round 1 the possibilities are going to end up being Jay Cutler, Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, Mario Williams, Claude Wroten, Rodrique Wright, Chad Greenway, Demeco Ryans, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Huff, Jimmy Williams, and Laron Landry. Whenever I come out with a list like this I usually have people getting on me about how so and so won't be available but I mean, this is just a watch list. You never know who will be available until it happens. Certainly whoever picked #16 last year couldn't have imagined that Aaron Rodgers would be available.

The position where I'm a bit more hazy is OT. I'm really not sure which guys aside from Ferguson are going to grade all the way to the top and I've seen guys like Joe Thomas and Jon Scott reach up as high as where we pick.

testtubetimmy said:
I remember when we had a sick defense. we didnt have an offense. and we barely made it into the playoffs (sometimes even missing it)

Everything hinges on a great QB. Someone that can bring a dynasty to Miami. I dont know if we find him in draft or through free agency, but that should be our number one concern. Not having a great defense (id argue ours is amazing as it stands. using a first rounder to upgrade a great defense to make it even better with glaring problems seems silly to me.)

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl.

Retnuhrace said:
Trent Dilfer won a superbowl.
so did tom brady. and john elway. and brett favre. and joe montana. and terry bradshaw. and troy aikman. and johnny unitas. i'll go with the numbers on this one

dominizzo said:
I like the GReenway Pick

wow Imagine this sick D with Free agents and Draft

DE- JAson TAylor
DE- KEvin CArter/MAtt Roth
Dt- Manuel Wright
DT- VOnnie Holliday/ GAbe Watson

LB- Zach Thomas
LB- Channing Crowder
LB- Chad GReenway

CB- NAte Clements
CB- WIll Poole
FS- TRavis Daniels
SS- LAnce Schulters
I like it but will Watson be there at 48? And I'm not sure Nick wants Clements when Daniels's done a good job and is a lot younger.We could get a guy like Harper(bama)or anyone else at SS.But other than that it looks great to me.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

You got to be kidding me. Travis Daniels did a good job? He's garbage. They need to get rid of him. He penalized more yards than anyone else in that defense with countless pass interference's.

Vertical Limit said:
You got to be kidding me. Travis Daniels did a good job? He's garbage. They need to get rid of him. He penalized more yards than anyone else in that defense with countless pass interference's.
lol, ignornace is cute

Vertical Limit said:
:goof:

erm... ok???

Dolfan2788 said:
I think that Cutler rises up draft boards from great showings in combine, interviews and the Senior Bowl and is out of our reach come draft day.
QUOTE]

Exactly.

I know Saban and Mueller will be looking at a game-changer with the first rounder. QB would be nice, but IMO the top 3 QB prospects will all fall in the top 10 picks. Lots of teams looking for a "franchise" QB this year.

Back
Top Bottom