With the #20 pick Miami selects... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the #20 pick Miami selects...

Originally posted by ZOD

If memory serves me correctly, I think we were making moves on Gandy at the same time KC was working for Roaf. Don't quote me on that. I'm getting old and so is my memory :D
Actually, I think Wayne Gandy was available last offseason. Willie Roaf and Ricky were traded 2 years ago. :)

Selects... No one... We're gonna trade it.. We never have first round picks... As long as it's for Rivers or Henson, i'll have no problem with that... If now, then we should pick Rivers.. Hands down..

Originally posted by phinphanbill
...Vernon Carey, Offensive Guard, University of Miami

Here's my supporting arguement:...

Well, I think you have made a good arguement. #20 might be a few spots too high for Carey. It would be great if we could trade down about 5 spots and pick up another 3rd round pick in order to grab a tall WR.

Carey / Jerman RT
Villarrial/ Whitely RG
McKinney C
D.Woody/ Yates LG
Smith LT

Potential 4 New Starters.

Woody is all but a Patriot again. When a guy says he'll even take a paycut because he wants to play for the same team so much, I think its usually a foregone conclusion that he'll be back. He's made his thoughts known. I don't want another Olin Kreutz on our hands, he let us wine and dine him and really concentrate on him and then chose the Bears after dragging it out a bit. That cost us a chance to use our money on other guys while they were being wined and dined by other teams. Same with Gandy except the Gandy situation is a little different cuz he just chose the money.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

:lol:

We could've had Roaf for a conditional 4th rounder? :eek:

YUP...I was very outspoken on the DolfanTalk board about us failing to grab Roaf too. He was still a fantastic OL guy and he wanted out of New Orleans because he had family issues (Wife had affair with Joe Horn). I've always though Roaf was one of the leagues best 20 OL

He's not the same as he use to be but he's better than anything we've had over here. He hasn't been the same since he had some major injuries.

Back
Top Bottom