With the 7th pick in the 09 draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 7th pick in the 09 draft...

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins select James Laurinaitis of Ohio State. We will not draft #1 chicken little. Stayed in school his final year to advance his learning on the position and showed loyalty. Proved it isn't all about the money, at least to this day and age after consulting LB legends of the past out of OSU. He is literally a more physically gifted, young Zach Thomas and we all know what came of that career. We have no unifying voice on defense with our 2 leaders gone. Now we have one. The trenches are mostly set, now we pick the people who defend and break through them for stage 2 of 3 of rebuillding.

I'll pass. He disappears in all their big games and can't get off blocks to same his life. That's not a trait that you want for a 3-4 ILB. Maualuga would be much better. But that being said, we need pass rushers and secondary help much more. Did you watch that AZ game?

I would love to get Maualuga or Laurinaitis in the first round. I don't think we will havethe #1 overall pick again, but I do think there is a good chance it will be in the top five. We should be able to land one of these two Linebackers.

I'd venture to guess we'll be picking in the top 5 again...

If given the choice between Lars and Rey......give me Rey....

He's a 260 pound version of Troy Polamalu on defense.

Rey is a beast. but there is a certain Safety from the Trojans that just kept jumping out everytime it seemed. Mays is going to be a beast as well.

with Vonte Davis, Michael Jenkins and Mays there are going to be some good DBs in this draft. i think we have to get one of them.

Rey is a beast. but there is a certain Safety from the Trojans that just kept jumping out everytime it seemed. Mays is going to be a beast as well.

with Vonte Davis, Michael Jenkins and Mays there are going to be some good DBs in this draft. i think we have to get one of them.

Yeah we need all them too...

i would love that rey whatever his name is instead of jl no more osu guys look it the last one we got who good he is? rey looks like he could play the 3-4 better anyway

i know we see some secondary help for sure, but at some pt. this season i hope to see what henne can do, because in the small chance we do take that no. 1 in the draft i want tebow, but if not def maualuga hes a beast

if we could land Rey Maualuga in the first round,and Taylor Mays in the second...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

but..back to reality...:boohoo:...Taylro isnt makinging it out the top 20.He really is a top 5 talent,but he is sorta overrated,and that'll his status.I seriously see the Redskins grabbing him to replace the late Sean Taylor(R.I.P man),somewhere alone 15-17th pick.But dont worry,Hamlin(in my sig) is just as good,maybe not as fast,but he can hit as hard as Taylor can,and he can do many thngs that Taylro can too,including run support.

We are going to bankrupt this team by having the first overall pick every year. This is what happens when you change coaches and GM's every couple years. We went from being one of the most stable organizations in the NFL when Shula was here to being a total joke. I have been following this team since 1971 and I think yesterday was as close to rock bottom as it gets, other than us threatening to go 0-16 last year.

you guys, i love rey rey myself but we cant sleep on brian cushing, he might be a better all around player then rey and we might be able to trade down and get him

You forgot to mention disappeared in the biggest game of his Senior season...

Depending on where we are drafting, the players I'd like to have most are:

Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
Taylor Mays, S, USC
Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

Not in any particular order really. However, I do push hard for Maualuga.

No, we have to get Rey Rey. The man is an absolute MONSTER! and i agree with Miami Dolphin1985, Hamlin would be a perfect pick in the second round. he can play SS and FS,too

Back
Top Bottom