With the 9th overall selection the fins should take... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th overall selection the fins should take...

with no disrepect to you i don't think you are close with any of your assumptions about our team starting with brady quinn,not realistic at 9 and we don't need him,daunte is going to be a healthy 29 year old quarterback,two,are defense is set including the secondary,we definately have more pressing needs than that and three there will not be a left tackle thats worthy of the ninth pick besides thomas,you should know that.

With no disrespect to you, I don't think you are close with any of your assumptions either. No one knows if Daunte is going to be healthy, and even if he is no one knows if he will magically transform back his 2004 form. He may be 29 (30 in a few weeks) but he is entering his ninth season and has had multiple knee surgeries. He is no spring chicken and QB is an obvious area of concern looking forward.

The defense is not "set". It is quite old and needs to be restocked with young talent. They were a great unit last year and likely will be next year as well, but after that I am skeptical. And I would list secondary as another one of the primary areas of concern on this team. It certainly isn't "set".

Jesus H Christ.

Ted Ginn is FAST. He's not even statistically the best punt returner this year, the best kick returner, in terms of yards OR touchdowns. He has mediocre hands and his route running isnt even up to par with Santonio Holmes, who was a low first round pick.

You people think he'll be a great pick at #9?

And why would Jarret have to run a 4.5x to prove he's worth the #9 overall? You guys seem to think the NFL draft is like Madden 2007. " Oh he's fast, big size, and good shuttle! Gotta draft him! Need more picks time to trade away McMichael for a.. uh.. 2nd round pick! yeah! "

I dont think Ted Ginn is that great either...Santonio Holes was a lot better WR than Ted Ginn is.....I dont think Sanatonio ever dropped more than 3 or 4 passes in his whole career at Ohio State...and Holmes was still a late rounder b/c of his size, and Holmes really hasnt done anything for the Steelers this year, Ted Ginn will be a late 1st rounder just like Santonio Holmes. All Ted Ginn has is speed....but hes a little guy and his durability will be a huge concern. Steve Smith is great example, hes great when he plays but he cant go through a whole season without getting hurt

Ginn > Jarrett. Ginn > Holmes. Did any of you actually watch him play?

Miami should draft either one of these guys

Leon Hall
Laron Landry
Reggie Nelson

in that order

Ginn > Jarrett. Ginn > Holmes. Did any of you actually watch him play?

why are we even talking about WR's? are we going to hike Ted Ginn the ball and let him be our offence? What good would a WR be if no QB can throw him the dam ball.....look at Randy Moss in Oakland....look at Troy Williamson in Minnesota (who is very similar to Ted Ginn). Plus we drafted Derek Hagan last year with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round. I see nothing wrong with Chris Chambers and Marty Booker....they go through so much crap every year...new offences...new coaches.....new QB's....how can any WR be consistant with that? the WR postion isnt really important for Miami right now.

our O-line needs help and our secondary is pathetic...thats our needs

plus a QB

why are we even talking about WR's? are we going to hike Ted Ginn the ball and let him be our offence? What good would a WR be if no QB can throw him the dam ball.....look at Randy Moss in Oakland....look at Troy Williams (who is very similar to Ted Ginn). Plus we drafted Derek Hagan last year with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round. I see nothing wrong with Chris Chambers and Marty Booker....they go through so much crap every year...new offences...new coaches.....new QB's....how can any WR be consistant with that? the WR postion isnt really important for Miami right now.

plus a QB

beautifully written....thats exactly what we need, only i think our QB position then Secondary then our o-line. Im just stuck on what would be a worthy #9 pick. Our O-line picked up the pressure on the tail end of the year. Our Secondary had glimpses of brillant plays but it wasn't consistant enough.

Its been our QB position that has plagued us with mediorcrity over the years. Granted it combines with a bunch of factors. But what it all boils down to is can the QB make a consistant play game in and game out.

I like Ginn, unless someone else takes a big drop.

i like him too... in the second though.. or if we trade down...

hes frail...mad fast, but skinny, and fragile ...

gamebreaker talent, and it showed as in the most recent game versus the gators...

on that one play, he was the fastest guy i had ever seen...

but then he got.........hurt.

not a number 9 overall..

maybe more of a late 1st round, mid 2nd guy...

but if we did scoop him..

i would be (mike tyson) es-tat-tick..

with no disrepect to you i don't think you are close with any of your assumptions about our team starting with brady quinn,not realistic at 9 and we don't need him,daunte is going to be a healthy 29 year old quarterback,two,are defense is set including the secondary,we definately have more pressing needs than that and three there will not be a left tackle thats worthy of the ninth pick besides thomas,you should know that.

The majority of our fans know what we need,

The player that would have the most dynamic effect on our team is Tedd Ginn Jr.and i'll give you three beautiful reasons why he has incredible value to us at 9,

1}His gamebreaking speed and ability is something we've never had in this organization,the ability to take a hitch route to the house.

2}Ginn's presense and speed will stretch the defense and open things up for Mr. ronnie brown,take the 8th guy out of the box and you have a very dangerous running back,elementary watson, elementary,,,i feel sorry for the rest of the league!! especially bills fans.

3]Ginn will be our explosive punt and kick returner,need i say more about that. He was one of the best college football has ever seen.

No one can convince there is a more valuable pick than this guy

I agree with you 100% on your analysis...

however, plan b can be kevin curtis from stl to stretch the defense, move jason allen over to cb, and draft reggie nelson, another value pick alongside tedd ginn jr, to play fs

so my choices are out of tedd ginn jr and reggie nelson (if we sign kevin curtis)

of course a must no matter what is signing eric steinbach

i like him too... in the second though.. or if we trade down...

hes frail...mad fast, but skinny, and fragile ...

gamebreaker talent, and it showed as in the most recent game versus the gators...

on that one play, he was the fastest guy i had ever seen...

but then he got.........hurt.

not a number 9 overall..

maybe more of a late 1st round, mid 2nd guy...

but if we did scoop him..

i would be (mike tyson) es-tat-tick..

no way tedd ginn jr last past the middle of the 1st round. i can see trading down a few slots, adding another first day pick, and then drafting him a few slots down

also, sidney rice is a sleeper pick if we trade down and miss tedd ginn jr

so, im all for trading down a few slots, if a team is willing of course....which is always hard to make happen

why are we even talking about WR's? are we going to hike Ted Ginn the ball and let him be our offence? What good would a WR be if no QB can throw him the dam ball.....look at Randy Moss in Oakland....look at Troy Williamson in Minnesota (who is very similar to Ted Ginn). Plus we drafted Derek Hagan last year with our 2nd pick in the 3rd round. I see nothing wrong with Chris Chambers and Marty Booker....they go through so much crap every year...new offences...new coaches.....new QB's....how can any WR be consistant with that? the WR postion isnt really important for Miami right now.

plus a QB

Our O-line will be helped by eric steinbach and a 3rd round pick...

as far as WR and DB? WR is first, DB is second

With no disrespect to you, I don't think you are close with any of your assumptions either. No one knows if Daunte is going to be healthy, and even if he is no one knows if he will magically transform back his 2004 form. He may be 29 (30 in a few weeks) but he is entering his ninth season and has had multiple knee surgeries. He is no spring chicken and QB is an obvious area of concern looking forward.

The defense is not "set". It is quite old and needs to be restocked with young talent. They were a great unit last year and likely will be next year as well, but after that I am skeptical. And I would list secondary as another one of the primary areas of concern on this team. It certainly isn't "set".

I will say one thing i am not sure why Fin fans are so high on Ginn, To me he looks like a parrish a burner that will never truely produce as a NFL WR. But now that being said you want to waste a 9th overall on him be my guess. I think though you use that pick to get exactly a need or trade out of it.

Back
Top Bottom