With the 9th overall selection the fins should take... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th overall selection the fins should take...

Ideally Id love to tarde down and get more picks.

If we can flip flop with say Denver we can justify taking Levi Brown there and fill a big hole at LT with a guy who imo is very undervalued right now. Its not a sexy pick but championships are won and lost in the trenches and Duante will be a lot more effective if we keep him upright. or we can look at Okoye there as well.

If we cannot move down if Alan Branch is there Id love that otherwise, I think we need to look at BPA. Id hold off on wr though since it seems to be especially deep there.

Yes trade down, twice even, then we look like this late 1, 2, 2, 2. Satisfy most.

These following players all should be there in the 2nd round.
Eric Weddle playmaker at safety - lots of career int. 4.5, move J. Allen to cb.
Sidney Rice tall wr or Robert Meachem 4.35 wr
Josh Beekman g

I think we need to take all defensive players on day one, there's plenty of talent on offense for Cameron to work with. Ronnie & Ricky in the running game is A+ material. How quickly we forget how good Chambers really is, he wasn't used properly all year thus his ineffectiveness. Booker played up to par, Welker overachieved. McMichael can easily be our Antonio Gates.

We're too old in the front 7 on D. Traylor, Holliday, & Zgonina are all 31+ years old & unrestricted free agents leaving us with journeyman Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson & the underachieving Wright boys. I don't know about you but I'm not too comfortable with that, making Branch or Okoye a top priority in round 1.

Our DEs aren't in much better shape. Carter & Taylor are both older than 31. We have one potential replacement in Matt Roth, making Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson a target in round 1 also, if not Adam Carriker, Victor Abiamiri, or LaMarr Woodley in round 2.

Now we slide back to the LBs where the only two worth mentioning are Thomas (who's old) & Crowder (a building block). It's a good thing the LB class sucks this year. Jon Beason, Brandon Siler, HB Blades, or Earl Everett should be 3rd round targets.

I'm realistically hoping for DT Okoye in round 1, DE Victor Abiamiri in the 2nd, & OLB Jon Beason in the 3rd.

As for the seconday we need to somehow sign Nate Clements (who'll likely be franchised) or Asante Samuel. Travis Daniels & Andre Goodman are nothing better than nickelbacks. I like our trio of younger safties but if he's capable we need to move Jason Allen to corner.

Going back to what someone said about jarrett not having to run a fast 40 times because this isnt "madden" might wana tell the nfl to shut down the combine because apparently it doesnt matter. It is HUGE to determine what jarrett's real speed is. His pure athleticism and size were all that was needed to dominate in college, as mike williams did, and its imperative to gauge his true speed because if he runs a 4.8 as opposed to a 4.5 you get an idea of what was really the cause of his dominance and his potential ceiling in the nfl (which could go from solid marty booker type to dominate freak number 1 wr depending on how truly fast he is)...Going on, WR would not be a luxury pick yes i agree OL and QB are our biggest needs but quinn isnt falling and neither is thomas...would db be a bad pick? no....but a jarrett combined with ricky coming back (no im not bashing ronnie i love ronnie hes gonna be a stud and already is to a degree but ricky and him are a fantastic one two punch) will give cpep no excuses and will let us kno if we have something with him at qb...i dont think Ginn is bad i just think jarrett is better overall and fits culpepper's style of WR (moss type) being tall as hell and very athletic (going with chambers would be perfect (minus the great height but his jumping ability makes up for it) any type of success next yr depends on cpep if jarrett is there hed be a great pick not WE MUST DRAFT HIM just a good pick to giv pep literally no excuses...the lattter portion of the draft should be dedicated to improving the oline with an eye towards the dline as well....Secondary can be improved in one move by siging Clements...CB-Clements CB-Allen/daniels FS-Allen SS-bell/hill.....hell cost a fortune but the secondary will be solidified more so than with a landry or hall selection...G.Adams would like i said be a good pik as well with oline and if a wr such as rice fell targets later on

A. Gaines Adams
B. Alan Branch
C. Laron Landry
D. Reggie Nelson
*If Quinn falls he has to be our pick
*No Cornerbacks are worth #9
*No O-lineman are worth #9 (except Joe Thomas)
*WR could be addressed in the 2nd Round.

Back
Top Bottom