With the 9th pick in the draft.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th pick in the draft....

No thanks!...I saw him burnt several times by USC's WR last night.
well i guess u r right but it was only one game...bu tu r right...i was disappointed in that d-fense last night...i concluded thou that they just thought it would be a brees cuz they shpuld of been goin up against ohio state...but thats a different subject

Nobody wants the WR from GA tech?? His name excapes me at this point, but he looks to be like one heck of a WR?

Reggie Nelson - Safety out of Florida.

This kid just has raw talent at his position and covers the field with great vision and presence. He has natural talent, speed and knows where the ball is. Another plus for him is that he's a hard hitter too!! We need another Safety that reminds me of Louis Oliver or Jarvis Williams...

As bad of needs as we have on the OL, DL, LB and DB's, I still think it will be a QB or WR. Many think there won't be a QB by our pick, but every year there's at least one QB or more that slips down the draft and is grabbed by another team as insurance and they become the starter within a year or two. Why are we assuming that one of the top 3 or 4 QB's this year would do the same ? We're at 9 not 17 and there are several teams ahead of us who would have no interest in a QB, as they just got one. What will complicate this whole debate will be the number of losses to possible retirement or free agency because of this whole Sabin issue. Let's not kid ourselves, any free agent who's been on this team for some time, missing the playoffs every year and now with the whole head coach turmoil, is going to be seriously looking elsewhere this off-season.

we need some1 on defence, I like the safety out of Florida, but I think we need a dlineman as we have to many old guys in our front 7

We need playmakers on offense. I would like to see them get someone that can get downfield somewhere in the draft.

We do need playmakers on offense. But our position in round 1 makes me think we will draft defense.

It depends on who the new head coach will be. Offensive or defensive minded? I will say from a defensive standpoint (Wanny) a 3-4 LB who can pass rush would be ideal in round 1. Statisically, it would be difficult for the top rated DT,DE, LB and CB to all be gone by the time we pick at #9. Especially, when you consider that Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson, JaMarus Russell and Joe Thomas are surely all top five players. I think because of our spot that we will surely have to go defense to get best available but we will be able to get best player in the draft at either DT, DE, LB or CB depending on who those players are. Personally, I would rather address CB via FA because a young CB in the current scheme would be at most a nickel in his first year. There is so much flux within the organization right now that things could shift big time before April.

Sam Baker from USC

All indications are that he is staying at USC for his Senior year. He would stand a better chance of being the top Left Tackle in the draft if he does. Have you heard anything?

and, are you willing to go into camp with a gimpy daunte, joey, who proved he's not the man, and lemon, who has played a grand total of 1 game. if your answer is yes, then it is you who is dreaming.

Culpepper is no longer "gimpy," thanks to the arthroscopic knee surgery.

Back
Top Bottom