With the 9th selection in the 2007 nfl draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th selection in the 2007 nfl draft

papahotel

Five Time Champion
Reaction score
the miami dolphins select Levi Brown!!!!! this is the guy we need and if we traded up at all then we should only trade up to get joe thomas not Quinn!!! my logic is if your gonna trade up to the 5 or 6 spot you might as well trade up to the 4 and get the anchor for our line for years to come!!!

Problem is, not everybody is sold on Levi Brown being a top talent, let alone an anchor (like Thomas would be). Once Thomas is gone, we are better off using our pick (or wherever we go) to the high skill positions and let Mueller/Cam use their talents of finding diamonds-in-the-rough OL later in the draft. If we get 3-4 OL later in the draft (or even after the draft) then let them fight it out for open spots. I really don't see us taking an OL in the #9 spot. If we trade down, then it becomes more of a possibility, but not that early.

I think Levi Brown is a reach at #9 especially because of the lack of LT's in this years draft. I would rather draft Greg Olsen if we were going to reach.

the miami dolphins select Levi Brown!!!!! this is the guy we need and if we traded up at all then we should only trade up to get joe thomas not Quinn!!! my logic is if your gonna trade up to the 5 or 6 spot you might as well trade up to the 4 and get the anchor for our line for years to come!!!

If we pick at 9 it will be BPA, and that will be defense.

So we draft I guy that is better suited for RT. Who will not make an impact right away. I know we need O-line but u don't just draft it to draft it. Next years LT class is better then this year. Two guys that were rated ahead of Brown this year if they can out choose to return to school. This is why Brown is rising up draft boards not because he warrents it. No thank u to Brown I want and impact player in the top ten which O-line can be I just don't ever see Brown being that type of player.

Brown has great talent to be a great R-tackle, but because of lack of
athleticism, he will be an ok L-tackle. You do not use a top ten pick on a player that may only be OK at left tackle.

He did not test out well at the combine but that does not mean he does not have the athleticism. He actually has quite a bit of it.

NO!!!

Problem is, not everybody is sold on Levi Brown being a top talent, let alone an anchor (like Thomas would be). Once Thomas is gone, we are better off using our pick (or wherever we go) to the high skill positions and let Mueller/Cam use their talents of finding diamonds-in-the-rough OL later in the draft. If we get 3-4 OL later in the draft (or even after the draft) then let them fight it out for open spots. I really don't see us taking an OL in the #9 spot. If we trade down, then it becomes more of a possibility, but not that early.

Yes!!!

Brown is a reach at #9 IMO. If Quinn is gone, and Landry is gone, i would rather trade down, pick up an xtra pick and get a Ginn/Olsen/Staley, or someone like that.

Brown is not a reach at 9, he's ranked by most at being right in that range. Any player up to 15 should be definited as a legit pick. One team picking one way can easily cause a player to slide and one to come up. That's not a reach...

A reach is more like selecting a late first rounder like Chris Houston or Aaron Ross at 9.

The problem with that is, most scouts see him as a right tackle in this league.. And the best lineman we have is the RT..

Most scouts agree Brown will not be a LT in this league as he is simply not good enough there to withstand the best pass rushers as he has bad footwork for that, and is slow ....

Brown is much more of a run blocker than a pass protector.. And when you look at left tackles, it should be the other way around.. Left Tackle better be a top notch pass blocker..

We might as well have kept McIntosh if we were going to put Brown at LT ..

Back
Top Bottom