With the 9th selection in the 2007 nfl draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th selection in the 2007 nfl draft

Brown is not a reach at 9, he's ranked by most at being right in that range. Any player up to 15 should be definited as a legit pick. One team picking one way can easily cause a player to slide and one to come up. That's not a reach...

A reach is more like selecting a late first rounder like Chris Houston or Aaron Ross at 9.

I think Ross is a high 2nd rounder.

Ive seen video of him pulling and lead blocking. Not only would this help protect our QB, but also help Ronnie and Ricky blow up the NFL.

What the heck does pulling have to do with anything ? Slow lineman ALWAYS pull ! Footwork in pulling and pass protection at left tackle are 2 ENTIRELY different things..

A Left Tackle has to block the best, and fastest pass rushers in the NFL . Woodley absolutely abused Levi Brown for 2 sacks and countless pressures (including QB knockdowns) when Penn State played Michigan .. And during Brown's career he has been a suspect tackle in pass protection..

Like I said, in December Levi Brown was projected as a 3rd rounder ..And for good reason, because he is suspect against the pass in college because his pass protection footwork is not up to par at all ..

And this is why so many experts say Brown is much better suited at right tackle.. And a right tackle is the only position that is solidified on Miami's line so Miami doesn't need Brown ..

What the heck does pulling have to do with anything ? Slow lineman ALWAYS pull ! Footwork in pulling and pass protection at left tackle are 2 ENTIRELY different things..

A Left Tackle has to block the best, and fastest pass rushers in the NFL . Woodley absolutely abused Levi Brown for 2 sacks and countless pressures (including QB knockdowns) when Penn State played Michigan .. And during Brown's career he has been a suspect tackle in pass protection..

Like I said, in December Levi Brown was projected as a 3rd rounder ..And for good reason, because he is suspect against the pass in college because his pass protection footwork is not up to par at all.

And this is why so many experts say Brown is much better suited at right tackle.. And a right tackle is the only position that is solidified on Miami's line so Miami doesn't need Brown ..

You're repeating yourself. BTW, most scouts consider Brown a bona fide LT prospect.

Brown does need to improve his pass protection. But we've got Houck to help him do that.

On PATH TO THE DRAFT, Mike Mayock showed Levi Brown, when he does a good job in pass pro, he completely dominates the pass rusher. He just needs to be a little more consistent, that's all.

With the 9th pick in the draft the Cardinals select Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson...

Because the FIns have traded up and selected QB Brady Quinn in the 5th slot!

Like I said, in December Levi Brown was projected as a 3rd rounder ..And for good reason, because he is suspect against the pass in college because his pass protection footwork is not up to par at all ..

So many experts? I bet you include yourself in that group.

And Joe Staley is going to be an absolute stud at LT right? Yeah right.

With the 9th pick in the draft the Cardinals select Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson...

Because the FIns have traded up and selected QB Brady Quinn in the 5th slot!

And then what? goin golfin? Put your ricky wig on and take the rest of the day off?

You're repeating yourself. BTW, most scouts consider Brown a bona fide LT prospect.

Brown does need to improve his pass protection. But we've got Houck to help him do that.

On PATH TO THE DRAFT, Mike Mayock showed Levi Brown, when he does a good job in pass pro, he completely dominates the pass rusher. He just needs to be a little more consistent, that's all.

I think cory Schlesinger will help out tons and we truly become a power run team then the pass blocking becomes a bit easier especially in our hybrid coryell, west coast offense.:lol:

I love when the "experts" say . . . we need to draft so and so because we only have "unproven" players on the team. Doesn't drafting Levi Brown . . . or pretty much anybody still mean we have a "unproven player" on the team. Does Levi Brown beat out Carey and Alabi? I wouldn't bet on it. It may happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Levi instantly becomes the next Jason Allen. People call him a bust after he lets a few people beat him in the preseason in pass prot. I think he will be a good RT in this league for many year . . . LT not so certain . . . but I don't think he starts on this team come September . . . if he is drafted by us.

I love when the "experts" say . . . we need to draft so and so because we only have "unproven" players on the team. Doesn't drafting Levi Brown . . . or pretty much anybody still mean we have a "unproven player" on the team. Does Levi Brown beat out Carey and Alabi? I wouldn't bet on it. It may happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Levi instantly becomes the next Jason Allen. People call him a bust after he lets a few people beat him in the preseason in pass prot. I think he will be a good RT in this league for many year . . . LT not so certain . . . but I don't think he starts on this team come September . . . if he is drafted by us.

Your entitled to your opinion. Whatever. Dude has played LT for four years. Not Right Tackle.

I would certainly bet on Levi starting right away at LT why? Because he is a great run blocker and has played the postion against top competition unlike Alabi and others. There are only a few experts who have said that he may well end up a Right tackle. I dont buy it. Carey can play LT if they really want him to move there IMO but why do that when you have a guy who is a monster, is athletic for his size, makes all the blocks, locks onto people and they go nowhere, he pulls and lead blocks, goes to the second level and kicks ***. Why wouldnt you want this guy?

The problem with poeple on this board is that they really want another player and someone who we could legitimately need and use right away gets tossed out by people like yourself based on one opinion that gets spread to the rest of this board so you can all high-five yourselves into thinking something that really is not legitimate in the first place.

Mike Williams was a guy who was drafted #4 overall and then said he would end up a LT for the Bills but the guy never really played LT much in College and was a RT all along. Levi Brown has always been a LT.

And to those who say Joe Staley is a LT, then how can Levi Brown not be a LT? It doesnt jive.

Back
Top Bottom