With the first pick in the 2007 draft the Dolphins select | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the first pick in the 2007 draft the Dolphins select

Dmancari23 said:
I think we are probably looking at the 5th or 6th pick right now, but I hope to see a RB, QB, WR, OL etc etc.. A hell of a lotta holes on this team.

ROFLMFAO

Caps said:
Assuming we'll have a top 8 pick(which we're on track for), I'd want either Joe Thomas or Justin Blalock. OL is the biggest hole on this team, no discussion.

I agree

Joe Thomas would be great. Any team that passes on Calvin Johnson is making a huge mistake though. I was watching highlights or something but I think maybe Mark May said that he ran like a 4'3 40 time which is ridiculous for somebody his size.

PhinFan0202 said:
Why Booker? He actually catches ball that are thrown at him unlike our #1 WR who dosen't. If we get a shot at Calvin Johnson we might have to take it but i say get a left tackle, LB, than WR. After that a QB to Groom.

he actually catches it when thrown to him, unlike chambers? hrmm..interesting. did you not see this game when he dropped a 3rd down pass that he could of took 50 yards today? the one where he was WIDE open?

hrmm...i dunno.

Roman529 said:
Tyler Palko, QB, Pitt

Not in the first round. I would take him with a 2nd or a 3rd. 1st round pick should be either Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson(he's amazing and unlike our #1 right now he will catch the ball.)

Nappy Roots said:
he actually catches it when thrown to him, unlike chambers? hrmm..interesting. did you not see this game when he dropped a 3rd down pass that he could of took 50 yards today? the one where he was WIDE open?

hrmm...i dunno.

That's like the one catch he actually dropped. I see Chambers drop more balls like that than i have seen Booker drop.

Joe Thomas - LT Wisconsin

Laron Landry - S LSU (Sabans Guy)

Paul Posluzny - LB Penn State

PhinFan0202 said:
That's like the one catch he actually dropped. I see Chambers drop more balls like that than i have seen Booker drop.

Booker dropped 3 big passes yesterday alone.......while he may be more consistant catching the ball (than Chambers)....he still isn't that good. Booker is a #2 WR at best. Calvin Johnson would be a huge step up...

Here are my scenarios:

If we keep our first pick which will probably be around 5, I say we take the best OT available. Probably Levi Brown or Justin Blaylock as Thomas may or should be gone.

With our 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, we must take Chad Henne of Michigan. I truly believe he's the best QB in college football (I hate Michigan by the way). And with all the hype for QB elsewhere, I believe he may fall to the 3rd round. At that point he's a diamond in the rough. 5-10 years from now, we'll be looking back on the draft and he'll be the best QB to come out of this draft class. This is all my opinion, but I just think he's the best.

Groom him behind DC or Harrington for a year or 2 and he'll be perfect.

So to sum up.

1st round - Thomas: OT Wisconsin, or Levi Brown OT PSU
2nd round - Best OG available
3rd round - Chad Henne: QB Michigan
4th round - Best LB available
5th round - Best CB available
6th round - LB/CB

If we trade out of the #5 approximate spot we could pick up a couple more picks and move to somewhere around #15 overall, where we could still get Levi Brown or Justin Blaylock OT

Motion said:
Joe Thomas

as much as I like Landry, we gotta go O-Line....so I agree with the Thomas pick here as well...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom