With the X-th pick, the Dolphins get...Brady Quinn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the X-th pick, the Dolphins get...Brady Quinn

Alex44 said:
The first time I saw Johnson was vs Miami his first season playing, I thought he was a senior before they showed his info, he was that good.

Joe Thomas is also a great pick if we go O-line

We need O-line probably more than anything. The only thing that will prevent us from getting a top O-linemen is if Calvin Johnson is available or we do draft a QB which i doubt.

Desides said:
Do you watch games, or look at stats? The argument has done to death, but Culpepper wasn't getting sacked because his reads sucked. A healthy Culpepper is our future at QB, period. The only way we'll draft a QB is if Culpepper or Harrington die in freak accidents.

I'm not sure if using our first-round pick on the secondary for two years straight is the right way to go, but we definitely could use defensive draft picks.
A healthy Culpepper is our future? Okay doctor, you are telling me that Culpepper will be healthy 100% next year, and will be a pro bowl QB after 3 years seperated from pro bowl form?

THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT CULPEPPER WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. Jesus Christ.

He's nothing but a science fair project now, and right now, the hypothesis we had on him has been incorrect, and the result so far costed us him sitting on the bench as our 3rd string QB, a 2nd round pick, and tons of money in the salary cap.

Untill Culpepper does anything in Miami, then you can say he's the future. But as of right now, he has shown nothing to warrant that.

Turning 30 this January, an old 30 not a young 30 as he does look like he's aging fast, so that means our future has 4-5 "good years" ahead of him, that's if he can somehow return to pro bowl form, a form that I again say, hasn't been there in 2 years. We'll be lucky if we get as much production from him as Baltimore gets from Steve McNair.

There are no guarantee's about his health, and about him ever being the same again. I am rooting for the guy, but I am just tired of people using his past to say that our future looks good.

If everyone had a mindset like that, then McNair and the Baltimore offense should be Top 5 in the league right now, as he was an MVP in 2003.

There are so many positions we could go with that I dont really care if we get a QB or not if we do though I would go with Brian Brohm over Quinn. Brohm is far superior in every way but mobility. Maybe we bring in Marino to teach him the one step evasion in the pocket he was so good at

I would be happy with any of these players

QB Brian Brohm
WR Calvin Johnson
OT Joe Thomas
DE Gaines Adams
ILB Patrick Willis
CB Leon Hall/ Fred Bennett/ Marcus McCauley
S Laron Landry/ Michael Griffin

Obviously where we draft would have a big impact on who we draft

adamprez2003 said:
There are so many positions we could go with that I dont really care if we get a QB or not if we do though I would go with Brian Brohm over Quinn. Brohm is far superior in every way but mobility. Maybe we bring in Marino to teach him the one step evasion in the pocket he was so good at

I would be happy with any of these players

QB Brian Brohm
WR Calvin Johnson
OT Joe Thomas
DE Gaines Adams
ILB Patrick Willis
CB Leon Hall/ Fred Bennett/ Marcus McCauley
S Laron Landry/ Michael Griffin

Obviously where we draft would have a big impact on who we draft

I'd be more than happy getting Willis.

Not only is he a great player, but an ABSOLUTE GREAT character. You won't ever have those concerns if you draft him.

Vertical Limit said:
THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT CULPEPPER WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. Jesus Christ.

No one has said that he needs to be. Culpepper in 2004 put up one of the best seasons a QB has ever had. It would be great if we got that Culpepper, but at the same time, he doesn't need to be in order to be successful.

If you have a problem with Culpepper being our future at QB, take it up with Nick Saban.

Alex44 said:
Im going to cry if we draft Quinn.....basically he is Joey Harrington. Sytem QB with a lot more hype than actual production....why do we need a rookie Harrington when we have a veteran one?

Calvin Johnson is my man

Yeah he hasnt produced at all :shakeno: Tedford system (I believe) vs pro system also. Weis isnt running a Spurrier offense. Not to mention physically Quinn is far superior to Harrington. I'm not saying we should draft Quinn though, but he has a lot more potential then Harrington imo.

But I'd love Calvin Johnson also

I dont think Quinn would be the answer at QB. He isnt all that great in my opinion. He puts up most of his numbers against bad college teams.

They would be better off with Culpepper or Harrington rather than Quinn, who would probably bomb out with the level of competition in the NFL.

Miami1 said:
I dont think Quinn would be the answer at QB. He isnt all that great in my opinion. He puts up most of his numbers against bad college teams.

They would be better off with Culpepper or Harrington rather than Quinn, who would probably bomb out with the level of competition in the NFL.

Yeah, because Culpepper and Harrington played top competition in college so that is clearly a mark of how good a player will be. Not to mention him only putting up numbers against bad teams isnt true. I'm sure you're only basing this on how he played against Michigan this year though.

I'm still at odds at how to some Brady Quinn went from being this amazing QB to being an overrated system QB.

Baffling. Absolutely baffling.

Phinz4Life said:
I'm still at odds at how to some Brady Quinn went from being this amazing QB to being an overrated system QB.

Baffling. Absolutely baffling.

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't everyone say Matt Leniart was a system QB as well? "Oh, he has all the talent in the world around him", "Anyone could make those throws". People also said that he has no arm which is probably not true as well. Analyst are going find something wrong with a top tier QB because they need something to talk about and sometimes what they say isn't always true.

If Brohm comes out - he will evenutally be the best pro of this years QB class. Quinn may be drafted higher, but Brohm is better.

Miami1 said:
as does every college QB ever.

Back
Top Bottom