With their first round pick in the 2004 draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With their first round pick in the 2004 draft...

With their first pick in the 2004 draft the Dolphins take....?

• QB

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • OL

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • WR

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • DB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
the Dolphins take........?

QB?.......O-lineman?...... WR?.......DB or LB???

I know we all want a young QB to take over one day but, can we do without taking a lineman??

I don't think so.:(

Anyway, sorry to jump this gun....another post made me curious about this.:D

I chose WR, but that's because I think that the Dolphins should be looking at trading down to get some depth for the line and a decent wide receiver in this receiver deep draft.

If the team does indeed keep its first rounder, I think it has to be spent on an offensive lineman.

What's the going rate for a mid/late first round draft pick?

It's hard to say what the going rate is because it really depends on whether a team with the picks we want decides that they want somebody who will be on the board at our pick.

That said, the good teams find a way to make the deals they need to get the players they need.

I picked WR. Just because I feel we are going to get OL from free agency or trades. Besides there are few OL that can come in and start right out of college. The WR field is so deep this year, we can get a real play maker to line up with Chambers and McMichael!

Depends on where we pick. If we're picking in the high teens/very low 20s, I think a guy like QB Cody Pickett could be there for us. I went QB. I think it's time to start grooming a guy. But it all depends on who's there when we pick. WR is deep and I think we can wait until the 3rd round to get one.

I can't believe that anyone would wanna us to take anything other than an o-lineman. Can't anyone see that our o-line is our biggest need. Sure I'd like a young QB and a good WR too but everything starts up front and right now we're not even getting off the gate with what we have. Smith could get to be a decent player but he's not there yet. Nails can't even pull anymore(probably why they're running Ricky inside every time) Ruddy's probably gone after this year. Perry's getting even older and Wade thinks he's so good but he could be gone too with all the money he wants.They better stop fooling around and take care of the o-line.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

btw, wanny traded our 2nd round pick already once again.

We have neglected our oline for far too long now. We need a young OL that will be there 10 years.

The last time we had a good oline was with Webb and Simms. There's no point having a great back with a young QB if you don't have an offensive line.

We're seeing that this year the hard way.

O-line can be found in FA. Star WR's can not w/o paying way too much $$ for guys who usually have problems. ie Boston, Owens. Otherwise teams don't just let them go w/o getting something for them like the Jets and Bills did.

Originally posted by Muck
Depends on where we pick. If we're picking in the high teens/very low 20s, I think a guy like QB Cody Pickett could be there for us. I went QB. I think it's time to start grooming a guy. But it all depends on who's there when we pick. WR is deep and I think we can wait until the 3rd round to get one.

Hey Muck, Do you not think Sage has what it takes to be a starter for this team? Whats your take? I want a Olineman that will pancake people.

I think it depends who's best when we pick...

...but either way there are few positions to pick at which get you a first year starter (RB, WR...). If a potentially great QB is there then you have to take him. If WR is deep there will likely be someone in the second. Would an LT be ready to start first year?

Some clearing out may be needed to venture into the free agent market to solve the OL issues (though a year in Wade Smith might be "the guy").

Originally posted by Oboy
I picked WR. Just because I feel we are going to get OL from free agency or trades. Besides there are few OL that can come in and start right out of college. The WR field is so deep this year, we can get a real play maker to line up with Chambers and McMichael!

Better be an OL. FA will get us nothing. Not many there.

http://www.theredzone.org/2004/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=OL

WRs are of no help if we don't have the line to protect the qB.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Better be an OL. FA will get us nothing. Not many there.

http://www.theredzone.org/2004/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=OL

WRs are of no help if we don't have the line to protect the qB.

I only saw two players there. Is my browser acting funny?? Anyway, there's more than two offensive lineman in FA. Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Damien Woody just off the top of my head.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not OL is our biggest problem. I'm just thinking that we're going to attack it via FA. With Wade and Nails to be FAs, and Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon likely gone, we have no other choice. There will be at least one new starter guy in the interior and probably another tackle. And you can't plug them both in via the draft.

Meanwhile, I don't think Sage is in the long term plans. Not as a starter. Time to draft a young gun.

Back
Top Bottom