With their first round pick in the 2004 draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With their first round pick in the 2004 draft...

With their first pick in the 2004 draft the Dolphins take....?

• QB

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • OL

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • WR

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • DB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
WR. If Michael Clayton is there.. wow. Chambers and Clayton? That's SICK!

I also wouldn't mind Michael Jenkins, Lee Evans, or Bernard Berrian early.

If you're wondering why I don't have Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, and/or Rashaun Woods up there.. it's simple. They won't be there!

I said OL. Why?

Dixon likely to retire. Nails and Wade are UFA. Perry or Ruddy likely to be cap casualty. By all indications, Whitley is a bust of a 3rd rd pick. That doesn't leave much if you are unable to re-sign Nails and/or Wade. Also, not much available in FA.

Alot of you that picked OL don't understand that OL will be our top need and will probably be filled through free agency.

Originally posted by Muck

I only saw two players there. Is my browser acting funny?? Anyway, there's more than two offensive lineman in FA. Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Damien Woody just off the top of my head.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not OL is our biggest problem. I'm just thinking that we're going to attack it via FA. With Wade and Nails to be FAs, and Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon likely gone, we have no other choice. There will be at least one new starter guy in the interior and probably another tackle. And you can't plug them both in via the draft.

Meanwhile, I don't think Sage is in the long term plans. Not as a starter. Time to draft a young gun.

I thought it was awful wierd too.

I'm glad to see so many people choosing O-line.

How many times have you heard a defender or a coach say, "If you give (him) time, ANY QB in the NFL will pick you apart."?

I believe we have "any" QB.

Originally posted by inFINSible
the Dolphins take........?

QB?.......O-lineman?...... WR?.......DB or LB???

I know we all want a young QB to take over one day but, can we do without taking a lineman??

I don't think so.:(

Anyway, sorry to jump this gun....another post made me curious about this.:D

Of course a lot of this depends on the talent level of players available but if it came down to evenly matched 1st round talent at each position you have to go with the OL.

I just hope they don't pull a Jimmy Johnson in the draft.
Remember when Jimmy was so desperate for a RB he drafted John Avery instead of sticking with the draft strategy that made him famous for building teams........ best player available.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
O-line can be found in FA.

What the heck happened this year then????

Point is we more than likely will need more than 1 OL to come in.
Heck we may see 3-4 new starters next year. I may be wrong but I don't see the Fins having the type of capital needed to bring in enough quality OL for a complete rebuild.

That means an OL definitely needs to come in through the draft.

As for our OL situation this year.....

Can someone please get Wade Smith the phone number for David Boston's "nutritional" supplement dealer!!!!

Originally posted by Den54

Hey Muck, Do you not think Sage has what it takes to be a starter for this team? Whats your take? I want a Olineman that will pancake people.

why does everyone mention Sage? the guy is the run of the mill 3rd QB. he isn't special in ANYWAY! stop talking about him as if he has talent.

Well I think Yates or Whitley will start at one Guard next year. They'll re-sign Nails cheap and hope he regains the form, if not there's your backup guard.

McKinney will start at Center, that solves that. There are quite a few RT available in FA, we'll sign one of them. Wade or other.

We will get one guy to start out of the draft and bring in another guy in FA as competition. We'll then expect Smith, Yates and Whitley to grow.

2 FA, one draftee and re-sign one of our guys. That is a better line and cheap with at least some indication of what they can do with getting some FA.

A WR draft this deep has to net at least one WR. A QB can be had in the third who will have serious talent.

I count five teams who possible will take a QB early including us and five guys with serious talent at the position.

JP Losman
Eli Manning
Casey Clausen
Cody Pickett
Ben Rothlesberger
Anderson from Oregon State has alot of talent, just needs time to harness it.

Are there any guys I'm missing there that will carry a third round or higher grade? Maybe John Navarre.

You can get a QB with talent later on. A WR with size and ability will need to be taken high.

I love hot stove talk.

I wouldn't be so sure that Roy Williams might not be there when we're drafting in the teens. This year, Mack Brown has forgotten that Roy plays for him. When he had Chris Simms throwing the ball to him last year, he was a lock top-five pick. But now that all he's doing is downfield blocking on Vince Young's keepers, he may lose some luster. I would absolutely crap myself if we could get another R. Williams from Texas.

When combine time comes around and if Fitzgerald does not enter the draft Roy Williams is the #1 WR.

I want to just tell you how this WR draft looks. This draft has better and more numerous prospects than 2001 which is considered the greatest WR draft ever at this point.

It is so good Micheal Jenkins is considered an early second rounder at this point. He is a SE a perfect compliment to FL Chambers. Only 21 at draft day. 4 year starter. Got skills. Marty Booker style player.

Let's trade down a big get a late third rounder for it, then use the next to picks on a guard like underrated Brian Rimpf(Tackle but will play great at guard). Get a safety and after that D-Line.

For OL Rimpf would take care of the LG hole. RG Nails should be healthy and could do well at this easy OL position(in comparison). McKinney starts at C. At RT we make our big acquisition. How does John Tait sound to you guys?:cool:

Originally posted by i2panzer

why does everyone mention Sage? the guy is the run of the mill 3rd QB. he isn't special in ANYWAY! stop talking about him as if he has talent.

Even worse -- Sage couldn't make it as 3rd QB for the Redskins. They're not exactly a fount of skilled passers...

I have nothing against the guy, but I won't consider him the next coming of Marc Bulger or AJ Feeley until I actually see him play at least a few real games.

Originally posted by Jaj
When combine time comes around and if Fitzgerald does not enter the draft Roy Williams is the #1 WR.

I want to just tell you how this WR draft looks. This draft has better and more numerous prospects than 2001 which is considered the greatest WR draft ever at this point.

It is so good Micheal Jenkins is considered an early second rounder at this point. He is a SE a perfect compliment to FL Chambers. Only 21 at draft day. 4 year starter. Got skills. Marty Booker style player.

Let's trade down a big get a late third rounder for it, then use the next to picks on a guard like underrated Brian Rimpf(Tackle but will play great at guard). Get a safety and after that D-Line.

For OL Rimpf would take care of the LG hole. RG Nails should be healthy and could do well at this easy OL position(in comparison). McKinney starts at C. At RT we make our big acquisition. How does John Tait sound to you guys?:cool:

John Tait sounds nice.

Back
Top Bottom