With Will Allen on the team does this mean, no to Jimmy Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Will Allen on the team does this mean, no to Jimmy Williams

Juan Cribbs said:
if anything, jimmy williams is one of the least safe picks in the first round. as a corner, he's too slow. as a safety, he's unproven. and apparently he has a bad attitude.

Yeah thats what I'm saying. :wink:

Boomer said:
The bottom is falling out of Williams' stock. First of all, a couple of teams have taken him off their board completely after some issues arose at the Combine. Quite a lot of teams have removed him as a CB prospect from their boards as he's not athletic enough. Jimmy will be a FS, but will have to overcome the stigma of being labelled 'emotionally unstable' in Indy.

Boom what happened over there? Did he fail a psyche test or something? Did he lose it when they showed him certain pictures? I'm just curious about this "emotionally unstable" label because I think it's safe to say we can do without another Dimitrius Underwood or Alonzo Spellman situation.

Boomer said:
The bottom is falling out of Williams' stock. First of all, a couple of teams have taken him off their board completely after some issues arose at the Combine. Quite a lot of teams have removed him as a CB prospect from their boards as he's not athletic enough. Jimmy will be a FS, but will have to overcome the stigma of being labelled 'emotionally unstable' in Indy.

another issue in his falling stock might be that he might not be an elite prospect at fs due to the fact that struggled woefully at fs in his first 2 years at va tech. he didn't have the instincts, ball skills, or the ability to operate in space that the position requires. he was much better as a cb, and a lot of that was due to va tech's zone blitzing scheme- vt mostly played cover 3 behind it, so he was rarely in man and in pass coverage his resonsibility was not to let anybody behind him. i myself always thought that he was out of posititon and should have played ss b/c his aggressiveness and his run support ability would be put to much better use there. guess that's why i don't coach for va tech. his strength will be an issue in regards to playing ss, but imo he would be best utilized at that position. and, it's no rumor; he's a cardcarrying punk.

Itsdahumidity said:
Boom what happened over there? Did he fail a psyche test or something? Did he lose it when they showed him certain pictures? I'm just curious about this "emotionally unstable" label because I think it's safe to say we can do without another Dimitrius Underwood or Alonzo Spellman situation.

We were as surprised as you when we saw this 'emotionally unstable' label, but he has had a number of issues with maturation, whcih boiled to the surface when he was kicked out of Va Tech's Bowl game. This unstable label came from his interviews in Indianapolis. Teams felt very uncomfortable with him. He performed horribly in his interviews, admitting to not being as sharp or consistent in 2005 as he was in 2004, but has been unable to give any logical explanation as to why. What seems to be bothering teams the most is Williams' apparent lack of discipline, competitiveness and mental toughness - all three are critical to surviving as a cover corner in the NFL.

Couple that with the fact that he told teams he saw himself as a corner, then ran safety times.........

Phishstix said:
another issue in his falling stock might be that he might not be an elite prospect at fs due to the fact that struggled woefully at fs in his first 2 years at va tech. he didn't have the instincts, ball skills, or the ability to operate in space that the position requires. he was much better as a cb, and a lot of that was due to va tech's zone blitzing scheme- vt mostly played cover 3 behind it, so he was rarely in man and in pass coverage his resonsibility was not to let anybody behind him. i myself always thought that he was out of posititon and should have played ss b/c his aggressiveness and his run support ability would be put to much better use there. guess that's why i don't coach for va tech. his strength will be an issue in regards to playing ss, but imo he would be best utilized at that position. and, it's no rumor; he's a cardcarrying punk.

I've said it all along, he's a tweener DB.

Boomer said:
We were as surprised as you when we saw this 'emotionally unstable' label, but he has had a number of issues with maturation, whcih boiled to the surface when he was kicked out of Va Tech's Bowl game. This unstable label came from his interviews in Indianapolis. Teams felt very uncomfortable with him. He performed horribly in his interviews, admitting to not being as sharp or consistent in 2005 as he was in 2004, but has been unable to give any logical explanation as to why. What seems to be bothering teams the most is Williams' apparent lack of discipline, competitiveness and mental toughness - all three are critical to surviving as a cover corner in the NFL.

Couple that with the fact that he told teams he saw himself as a corner, then ran safety times.........

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom