Wonderlic Scores? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wonderlic Scores?

Another thing to keep in mind is they have made it more difficult to "cheat" on the wonderlic.

Before, agents could get their hands on previous copies of the test, and since there were so few editions of the test in circulation, if you studied like three or four different copies of the test beforehand, pretty much every question you see on the test will have been worded exactly the same as one of the tests you studied. No coaches ever raised a stink about it because they figured, if you can study 100 or 150 Q&A's and memorize them well enough to score better on the real thing, you can memorize a playbook.

But now they've decided to start making new editions of the test every year, to prevent being able to study the exact same question before taking the test. Last year was the first year they started doing that. This may explain why so few players scored really high (high 30's or low 40's) on the test last year, as opposed to other years where it wouldn't even be out of place to see a guy score a 50.

CK i didn't know that, i think its a good idea, sure its good if a guy can memorize alot of questions and a playbook but i think it is better if they can actually know the material instead.

All the questions are general knowledge. They are not meant to be extremely difficult. They are meant to test your awareness and attention to detail.

The aspect of the test that is difficult is that fact its timed. The questions are designed to be troublesome of someone rushes and doesnt read them thoroughly.

This is where the Football part comes in. Its so scouts can gauge how well a QB focuses under pressure.
ahhhhhh ok,i gotcha,Thank You for helping me with that,i didn't know and was wondering.

wow, i really don't think that is a real amazing gauge of football inteligence. damn thing says marino was almost a moron. this test has to be somewhat wack.

wow, i really don't think that is a real amazing gauge of football inteligence. damn thing says marino was almost a moron. this test has to be somewhat wack.

This is true, but when you had an arm and release like Marino did, who needs a huge playbook? Shula simplified it to Dan's strengths, designing the offense around his best player.

In this sense the Wonderlic was overrated. A phsyical specimen like 13 didnt need to score high on that test. Whereas someone who wasn't blessed with a laser-rocket arm might wanna study a lil bit.

A very overrated test. There are many players that score high that never do anything.

I don't know what you think it's "rated" at to reach the conclusion it's overrated. The fact V Young got taken third with a 6 on it tells you some people don't rate it high.

I think you are mistaken about it's importance, however. Bill Walsh as well as the current New England Patriots hold (or held) drafting around intelligent players in hi regard and those examples can't possibly be argued against. On the flipside I'm willing to be guys like Pacman Jones and [SIZE=-1]Lawrence Phillips scored rather low.

BTW Marino scored really low as well, something like a 12 I think.
[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom