woody to skins! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

woody to skins!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I find it amazing that they are under the cap. In two years, they will probably be 30 million dollars over, and if they aren't, then they are definitely not playing by the rules.
of course, they all signed 40 year deals to prorate the bonuses over the life of Daniel Snyder :goof:

SF did lose at least one pick last year IIRC.

Tags took away a san fran 2nd round pick if i rmember correctly, with a fine.

Plus all deals must be approved and reported to the league, believe me there is no way to cheat with reported money, problem is some teams pay under the table, that is what you have to look out for.

That's a mighty flimsy azzed penalty. I suppose it's up to Tagliabue's discretion, huh? Kinda like the disparate fines/penalties meted out for criminal conduct depending on how popular they are?

I detest that SOB.

The 49ers deal was about irregular forms of payment if I remember correctly...and it was probably for something like renting guys limousines or something. It was a limp-wristed fine because it was not a major violation of the cap. Its not like they handed a dude a couple million under the table so that they dont have to count it on the salary cap.

Anyway these _____ to Washington rumors are natural. They sign people with such flamboyance and they pay so much money up front that its become a mantra for players when negotiating with their teams to just say "Well if you don't pay me I'll just get that money from Washington"

I think Snyder is a true believer that you can buy dominance in the NFL. The salary cap prevents that but eventually he'll hit on the right moves and yeah, they'll win the super bowl or somethin.

Back
Top Bottom