Worse QB to start, and play in, a Super Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worse QB to start, and play in, a Super Bowl?

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
Yep, we just witnessed it. Rex Grossman is horrible. Worse than horrible. And I have never saw anyone as futile behind the center. Indy's game plan was simple: Keep the safeties VERY deep to stop the deep stuff, let Grossman fall all over himself, and MAINLY, stop the run. Grossman didn't let them down.

Your not kidding. He played like crap. well he was never good to begin with

Yep, we just witnessed it. Rex Grossman is horrible. Worse than horrible. And I have never saw anyone as futile behind the center. Indy's game plan was simple: Keep the safeties VERY deep to stop the deep stuff, let Grossman fall all over himself, and MAINLY, stop the run. Grossman didn't let them down.

yeah, I'd rather have Feidler, hell, maybe even Feeley:goof:

I wouldn't have let him finish the game. After the 1st pick in the 4th quarter, I would have benched him.

Griese played in Miami and practiced in that weather a lot his 1 year with the Fins. I know Chicago would have still lost but I would have given him a shot.

Rex lost his starting job for next year with his performance.

I wouldn't have let him finish the game. After the 1st pick in the 4th quarter, I would have benched him.

Griese played in Miami and practiced in that weather a lot his 1 year with the Fins. I know Chicago would have still lost but I would have given him a shot.

Rex lost his starting job for next year with his performance.

Ya this performance has put the QB situation under a huge question mark! If they grab David Carr from the Texans and keep this team together I think they will be back in the SB next year!

Ya this performance has put the QB situation under a huge question mark! If they grab David Carr from the Texans and keep this team together I think they will be back in the SB next year!

I don't know. Their defense was EXPOSED in the Seattle game and this Colts game. You can run all over them all day long.

They are more than a QB away from being back. Especially with Philly, Dallas, Seattle, and New Orleans all looking strong in that conference!

If you gave me the choice between Joey Harrington and Rex Grossman, im taking Joey. Grossman is by far worse. He cant even stand on his own two feet, he has no accuracy whatsoever, short, long, midrange... sure it was raining, but still. Both those picks he threw were underthrown by at least 10 yards. This guy is just awful, Ive been saying it all night... He should hold a press conference tomorrow at noon and annouce his retirement from football because he's so useless.

I felt up until the Bears last game of the season that Grossman was just a bad QB who got too much credit, but when he made the comments after the Packers game saying he was too distracted by the New Year's Eve parties to concentrate on the game. Maybe it was just an excuse for his poor play, but that comment really got under my skin, I mean you get paid millions of dollars to play football, which is a blessing and you openly admit that you won't even do your job, that is just plain foolish. Ever since those comments I have rooted for the guy to do badly and I'm glad he didn't let me down (unlike all the Bears' fans)

Chicago is going to be calling for grossman's head tommorrow :lol:
I've never seen a QB play that bad in a super bowl before.

Kerry Collins wasn't much better, but I agree he was lousy and is horribly inconsistent.

Thats why I said the Bears would lose if Grossman threw more than 12 times before the game started :)

Rex Grossman is *** noodles.

Terrible QB who ruined the Super Bowl.

To be fair, injuries have marred Rex's ability to develop since this was really his first full season.

The guy has a lot of potential, but needs to really get his head in the game. He's playing like a kid playing Madden 2007 right now.

If you gave me the choice between Joey Harrington and Rex Grossman, im taking Joey. Grossman is by far worse. He cant even stand on his own two feet, he has no accuracy whatsoever, short, long, midrange... sure it was raining, but still. Both those picks he threw were underthrown by at least 10 yards. This guy is just awful, Ive been saying it all night... He should hold a press conference tomorrow at noon and annouce his retirement from football because he's so useless.
I am no Rex Grossman fan, but I thought he had a decent game. Neither of the picks were underthrown by 10 yds. The first one it seemed as if Muhammad and Grossman had their signals crossed and the second pick was an amazing play by Bob Sanders, the true MVP of the game. There were also a handful of instances when his recievers just dropped the ball on him. To say his game is the worst you've seen in the SB is a big exaggeration. Grossman played like what he is, a first year starter as this was his first true year as a starter. I would take Rex over Fiedler, Joey, or Feeley. The man does have potential. That being said, if Carr is available, it would be awfully tempting for the Bears to grab him.

I am no Rex Grossman fan, but I thought he had a decent game. Neither of the picks were underthrown by 10 yds. The first one it seemed as if Muhammad and Grossman had their signals crossed and the second pick was an amazing play by Bob Sanders, the true MVP of the game. There were also a handful of instances when his recievers just dropped the ball on him. To say his game is the worst you've seen in the SB is a big exaggeration. Grossman played like what he is, a first year starter as this was his first true year as a starter. I would take Rex over Fiedler, Joey, or Feeley. The man does have potential. That being said, if Carr is available, it would be awfully tempting for the Bears to grab him.

To be honest, if I were the Bears if A CAR was available I would pick it to be the quaterback over Rex Grossman.

Back
Top Bottom