Worse QB to start, and play in, a Super Bowl? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worse QB to start, and play in, a Super Bowl?

Here are Rex's good games for this year:
Green Bay
Detroit
Seattle
San Francisco
New York Giants
St. Louis
Tampa Bay

I didn't include his average starts against Detroit or the Jets, which resulted in victory but nothing statistically impressive. You are entitled to your opinion, but Rex had a number of great games for a QB still in his first full year of starting. Harrington has never at any time shown the raw playmaking ability of Grossman, and if he weren't in Chicago, where any screwup is magnified tenfold for young players, he might actually be looking pretty darn impressive. Just remember, the defense and the coaching staff choked as much as Grossman did.

Let's compare the two teams:
Speedy, playmaking WR- Chambers has made the pro bowl. Berrian hasn't. While we all know that Chambers is overrated, most people would seem to agree that Chambers is probably as talented as Berrian and is not utilized properly by both the QB (hey, that's Harrington!) and the coaching staff. This one is in the air.

Veteran reciever- Booker, check.
Good recieving tight end- McMichael was starting while Clark was third string here. And who dropped the 4th down pass? As with McMichael, Clark is overrated because he makes a lot of drops.
Running backs- Jones isn't anything special, and Benson hasn't been given a chance to do much until recently. But the Bears win this one hands down, as usually our running game is somewhat of a joke (don't tell the Ronnie lovers though...)
Offensive playcaller- not Mularkey, but the Bears sure blew this cat. in the big one.
O-line- I'm not that impressed with the Bears line, or our own.

So you're right, we have perhaps four of those. But a good QB could certainly elevate some of those categories, and we would not be talking about Berrian or Clark if Grossman wasn't getting the ball to them.

Chambers was underutilized by both our QB's so that's a fault of playcalling and OL also. And say what you will about Booker, but I'd rather have Muhammad than him. The OL may not have played so well that game but they're still a solid group of Pro Bowlers. Bears also have one of the highest takeaways in the league also. Ours is ok, but not as absurd as Chicago's. Berrian's stock I think would've been high regardless of the QB.

Rex looked like a good QB early on until teams started getting wise and he wasn't able to adjust enough because I think that's his limit. Once the Phins showed that putting on the pressure turns Rex into a fumble-interception machine, he's been at best subpar. At worse, he's put up gooseeggs for QB ratings even against easy teams. Colts should really thank us for exposing Rex's weaknesses.

Who do we have to thank for showing us that Joey's weakness was passing the ball?

Back
Top Bottom