worse team ever | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worse team ever

Texans. Their unis are pretty sweet but they really f-ing suck...and they always have.

still a young franchise that was pretty much screwed over by injuries and Dom Capers falling in love with guys who did nothing for the team.

The Cards have been the worst because the Bidwells have historically been more interested in saving money than spending it. The Radiers have been the worst recently since Al Davis is losing it (or never had it).

If you look at our drafts since the 98 though, our scouting department has to be among the worst.

The five worst teams in my opinion.

1- Arizona Cardinals. Have not had a winning season since 1998 and went 13 years prior to that without a winning season. have only been to 7 playoff games in thier existance with a playoff record of 2-5.
HAve made playoffs only 4 times in playoff era. Have not won thier division since 1975. Lifetime winning percentage of .411

2-New Orleans.HAve a playoff record of 2-6. Have made playoffs twice in last 15 years. Took 20 years from expansion for this team to post a winning record. Lifetime winning percentage of .409

3-Atlanta Falcons- Have a playoff record of 6-8. HAve had a few years of making the playoffs but have never went more than one year in a row.
Lifetime winning percentage of .404.

4-Tampa Bay Bucs -Team has had some recent success but except for Dungy era has never had a coach win more games than he has lost. Jon Gruden is .500 as a coach. Playoff record of 6-9. From 1983 to 1996 had a losing record every season. Lifetime winning percentage of .393.

5-Cinncinnati Bengals - 5-8 playoff record. Have been to playoffs once since 1991. Have had a record only once since 1991. Lifetime winng record .439

i have to say the saints...when your fans wear paper bags in droves(im not talking the few guys like we saw last yr)your pretty bad. we love dem aints down here and a few yrs ago is as good as it gets but as far as team they have a great history of losing and that probly in turn helped new orleans get its reputation as a drinking/party town(besides it just being fun to do).

I think I have to go with the Cardinals being the worst team ever. They were bad for a long time, and even now with all the talent they have they can;t seem to reach the playoffs.

New Orleans is the worst franchise ever. I cant think of a team that is as god awful in every aspect every single season. Apart from the recent mediocrity and the playoff birth two years ago.

I would say the Cardinals, closely followed by the Lions. Even really bad franchises like the Bengals, Bucs, and Falcons eventually have a team that puts together a few good seasons and at least makes it to the Super Bowl.

The Lions have won just one single playoff game in fifty years. Their last championship was in 1957, so about 95% of their fans have never seen them play for a title. They are 1-9 in the playoffs since then. At least they did have a bit of success and excitement in the 90's with Barry Sanders, making it to the playoffs six times.

The Cardinals have had more than twice as many losing seasons as winning seasons. Like the Lions, their only playoff victory in modern times was agianst the Cowboys. Just six playoff appearances in sixty years, with the only championship coming before the age of television, two franchise moves ago. Blind dumb luck should get a team a better history than that.

Yea Im gonna have to go with the Aints. I mean seriously, when your fans were the ones who started the whole paper bag over the head thing, its pretty bad. When they write AINTS on the front of those bags, its worse. Therefore it has to be the Aints with the Bungles a close second.

The Bungles are a complete disgrace. Even an elite QB like Palmer cant have steady success there.

But aside from them it has to be....
The Bills - One mini run of success where they actually turned out as complete failures losing 4 straight bowls. Best player in team history murdered two people. The team was terrible for about 20 years and is getting back there now. Plus they play in Buffalo

The Jets - One moment where Broadway Joe pulls one out of his ***. Outside of that they are perinial losers. Will probably never sniff the bowl again. Dont even have their own home stadium.

The Patriots - The only real success this franchise has had has been recent and resulted from cheating. Got lucky and pulled the 2nd best QB in league history out of the 6th round. The coach didnt even realize what he had until injury forced out the player above him on the depth chart. A nice dynasty put together with cheating and dumb luck. Outside of that the franchise consistantly failed and was remembered for losing on the most lopsided Super Bowls ever to a flashy juggernaugt in 85.

The Browns - The mistake by the lake. Enough said.

The others mentioned by Dlockz fill out the list, Lions, Cards, Yucs.

Why are the Bengals always on the worst list?

They won 2 AFC titles in the 80s, same as the Dolphins. And they're the only team that gave the 49ers a run for the money in the Super Bowl; the Dolphins, Broncos and Chargers all got smoked.

Two teams that definitely belong on the list that often aren't are the Jets and Browns. The Jets haven't won a conference championship since the first Nixon administration. And the Browns have been all bark and no bite for decades. Yeah, their fans are great, but they haven't won a championship since before the Dolphins were even founded.

i would say the saints. i heard they've only won like 3 playoff games in there history

He will burn in the lake of fire for passing on Brady Quinn. I nominate the Miami Dolphins as WORST TEAM EVER!

:knee:​
This frustration, and even anger, that Buccaneer fans targeted at McKay--which prompted the brief popularity of bumper stickers that proclaimed "Throw McKay in the Bay"--stemmed from the team's notorious 26-game regular season losing streak, an NFL record which still stands. The Bucs lost every game in their inaugural season, and lost their first 12 games the following year. The team became the butt of many jokes, especially from Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, but also from the fans themselves, who late into the 1977 season, wore bags on their heads and encouraged the team to "go for 0," as in zero wins. After a particularly dismal effort during the streak, coach McKay gave perhaps the quintessential comment on the team's plight. In a post-game press conference, Tampa Tribune sports editor Tom McEwen asked McKay about the execution of his team's offensive line. McKay responded, "I'm in favor of it." Another choice quotation that summed up his frustration at the time: "We can't win at home, we can't win on the road, so we were going to petition the league for a neutral site.":d-day:

Back
Top Bottom