worst choice in this years draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst choice in this years draft?

NativeFloridian

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Houston Texas(but born in Tampa and have always be
who made the worst choice in the draft this year? I have to question the Houston Texans picking Amobi Okoye as well as the us passing on Brady Quinn(man i wish we would have got him!!!) but neither of those were the worst pick of the draft. It pains me to say this since I have family who are big fans, but the Buffalo Bills made the worst pick. they took the dreaded offensive Pac-10 player. Simply put, Marshawn Lynch is not as good as he appears. If the Buffalo Bills would take a closer look at the Pac-10 they would see that they play a style that has a lot of offense and not a whole lot of defense. Because of this style Pac-10 offensive players look better than they actually are. This happens every year and I'm surprised teams like the Buffalo Bills haven't caught on yet.

Cleveland, by trading a 1st rounder next year for a QB who was sliding to the second round and was overrated. Not only did we passed on Quinn, but the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Vikes, Rams, Jaguars and Dallas..... The kid would have slide all the way down to the second round if Cleveland had not saved the day. They gave up to much....

Cleveland, by trading a 1st rounder next year for a QB who was sliding to the second round and was overrated. Not only did we passed on Quinn, but the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Vikes, Rams, Jaguars and Dallas..... The kid would have slide all the way down to the second round if Cleveland had not saved the day. They gave up to much....

I agree they gave up to much, but he would have never fell to the second. Baltimore would have picked him if he fell that far. :evil:

Perhaps Chris Henry in the 2nd round? There's a lot I don't know, but taking a RB with relatively little experience and little production, that spells a very high risk for the Titans.

who made the worst choice in the draft this year? I have to question the Houston Texans picking Amobi Okoye as well as the us passing on Brady Quinn(man i wish we would have got him!!!) but neither of those were the worst pick of the draft. It pains me to say this since I have family who are big fans, but the Buffalo Bills made the worst pick. they took the dreaded offensive Pac-10 player. Simply put, Marshawn Lynch is not as good as he appears. If the Buffalo Bills would take a closer look at the Pac-10 they would see that they play a style that has a lot of offense and not a whole lot of defense. Because of this style Pac-10 offensive players look better than they actually are. This happens every year and I'm surprised teams like the Buffalo Bills haven't caught on yet.

Man!! Somebody should have told the Bengals that Carson Palmer isn't any good. Hey Arizona, Matt Leinart really sucks! ...the Jaguars should have known better than to draft, let alone start, Maurice Jones-Drew ....and don't even get me started on Reggie Bush!!!! I guess that's what happens when you go up against weak defenders like Troy Polamalu, Hatoli Ngata, Lofa Tatupu, etc. :rofl3:

PS: The SEC doesn't produce any good defenders. They only look good in college because they play a style that has a lot of defense and not a lot of offense.

I didn't at all like the Packers taking Justin Harrell. I didn't think he warranted that high of a pick (reaching for Vols at 16 has become an annual thing, hmm) and I believe Dwayne Bowe and Rober Meachem were still on the board. Lord Favre wanted another receiver and Bowe or Meachemwould have been a great fit. There were also a number of other quality players available, particularly receivers, and DBs, both areas of relative need for the Packers.

But hey, I'm a Bears fan, so this is all certainly welcomed.

I think Leon Hall at #18 to the Bengals. I believe Hall is overated and is going to struggle against NFL recievers. His best chance may be to move to free safety in my opinion.

Man!! Somebody should have told the Bengals that Carson Palmer isn't any good. Hey Arizona, Matt Leinart really sucks! ...the Jaguars should have known better than to draft, let alone start, Maurice Jones-Drew ....and don't even get me started on Reggie Bush!!!! I guess that's what happens when you go up against weak defenders like Troy Polamalu, Hatoli Ngata, Lofa Tatupu, etc. :rofl3:

PS: The SEC doesn't produce any good defenders. They only look good in college because they play a style that has a lot of defense and not a lot of offense.

Kind of what I was thinking when I was reading his post.

The only reason you say that is because Miami passed on him. Only time will tell how Quinn turns out but I really don't think that was the worst pick of the draft.

I think Laron Laundry was by far the worst pick in the draft. It isn't even that close. Not that he is a bad player because he is not. I dont think he will be grat either, but the reason for selecting him is that the Redskins are and impact D-lineman away from having a very good defense. We stop the run with great DL's and LB's. For some reason the skins think that the run D starts with the secondary. If the back gets that far, then the guys up front are not doing there job. Just my opinion, but it goes against everything I have learned about football over the past 20 years. Yhe pick of Adrian Peterson by the Vikes should have been questioned more that our pick as well. I love our picks. It's hard to criticize someone elses pick because they always see something different in there draft than you do, but the pick of Ginn will pay off greatly for us. If the Buffalo fan thinks that his offense would be just as good without a burner like Lee Evans, then he is doesnt watch football at all. Without Lee Evans we would shut them out on a consistent basis. Again, just my opinion.

I thought Laudry was the best player but knew we had no chance to get him. I have to say us passing on Quinn and most of the nation agrees with me on that. Also the pick up of Beck .... hoping we would have gotten stanton

I am glad someone saved me the trouble on this. Nice job, but don't forget Corey Dillon, Drew Bledsoe, John Elway, Olin Kreutz, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, and the this is off the top of my head. There are a number of great, great offensive players form the Pac 10.

Now, must concede I have my doubts about Lynch because I think the passiing threat at Cal sets things up well for the running backs, but I will compare offensive players in the Pac 10 to offensive players in the SEC, Big 12 or any other conference.

It's funny that a lot of people are in love with Stanton. He's like an old Brett Favre without all the TD passes. Beck in my mind is like Quinn but with the ability to hit an open receiver every time. I like Quinn, but if you have seen the guy without his shirt on, you would know that there isnt anywhere else for his strength to go. Most players come from college and develop an NFL body and then reach new levels. I am not so sure that he will be able to do that. It hasnt been mentioned how Troy Smith looked without having Ginn on the field. I can bet you he was a little uncomfortable in that game against FLA. Also Quinn was missing people all over the place in that game against LSU. He hardly ever threw the ball downfield. His completion % was higher because on 3rd and 10 he would throw a WR screen time and time again and if it was caught it would go for just a few yards. I am glad we just risked a second on Beck and not a first on Brady. I shouldnt have to remind all those that say that everyone agrees that passing on Brady was mistake because the team tha tpassed on him was willing to miss out on him completely and they have a worse QB situation than us. Actually every non-playoff team passed on him. Great draft by us, regardless of how good Laundry thinks he is (overrated), he is the wrong pick for the skins.

The other problem with the Laundry pick is that you will be paying him the top salary for a player at his posistion right out of the draft. I wouldnt draft a safety that high for anything. A corner maybe if he is the next coming of Chamo Bailey, but not a safety.

I say Jarvis Moss , big reach and I agree Harrel was a reach. I still knew there would be more Quinn hate in this thread also but get real at 22 he was good value geesh.

Back
Top Bottom