worst choice in this years draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst choice in this years draft?

You didn't think the Browns giving up a 2nd and their 1st next year for a player who likely won't positively influence their team this year(by that mean play a significant role in them winning games) was a worse move than Staley? The Browns could easily be drafting top 10 again, whereas the 49ers should at least improve on their drafts spot.

Russel went number one overall and the same could be said for him. Qb's usually have less influence thier first year. Unless they end up with the number one pick overall it will probably be a very good move. Just because Quinn fell last year means little, he could have went much higher depending on the situation. I love how so many on this board know Quinn will be a bust but that possibilty is so less likely for Beck.

Russel went number one overall and the same could be said for him. Qb's usually have less influence thier first year. Unless they end up with the number one pick overall it will probably be a very good move. Just because Quinn fell last year means little, he could have went much higher depending on the situation. I love how so many on this board know Quinn will be a bust but that possibilty is so less likely for Beck.

I hope you aren't referring to me.

I never said Quinn will be a bust or Beck will be great. Heck I will be the first to admit I wanted Quinn at #9 once Levi brown was off the board.

I never said Quinn was a bad pick either, just that circumstances in which he were drafted made him one of the worst draft picks. That doesn't at all factor into his play on the field. It can't. Currently we can only base it on what we know, which is all speculation until they play out their careers.

This is such a stupid argument. It's all speculative. Some think Quinn will be good. Some don't. The only thing that matters is that we needed O-line help, a qb, a game breaker, depth at DT and a corner in this years draft. We accomplished all but one of those. I hate to think that plugging that many holes and only missing out on one was a bad draft. We needed like 3 O-lineman, not just one. We got two, but unlike Madden football, we cant come up with 25 draft choices to rebuild our team. I'm not being sarcastic because I know the all the phin haters out there understand this concept. I just cant think of what else they wanted from this draft.

I hope you aren't referring to me.

I never said Quinn will be a bust or Beck will be great. Heck I will be the first to admit I wanted Quinn at #9 once Levi brown was off the board.

I never said Quinn was a bad pick either, just that circumstances in which he were drafted made him one of the worst draft picks. That doesn't at all factor into his play on the field. It can't. Currently we can only base it on what we know, which is all speculation until they play out their careers.

I was referring that you thought it was one of the worst moves to give up the pick to get Quinn

I was referring that you thought it was one of the worst moves to give up the pick to get Quinn

An early 2nd rounder and a "top 10" pick(obviously my perception not reality for certain) for the 22nd draft pick overall. Yes, I think that was a bad move(regardless of what player was taken).

Yes, no matter who was picked at 22, they gave up probably a top 5 pick next year.

Many years Quinn is a top 5 pick just depends on the needs.

not true, several analysts felt Quinn would be a late first at best most other years, but was considered a top QB because of a lack of underclassmen declaring, as well as guys like Stanton and Edwards struggling (Beck migt have snuck into the late first, but his age would still work against him)

Facts are 3 teams gave up firsts next year; Cleveland,San Fran, and Indy

Joe Staley will be starting at RT for a team that has made improvements every year under Nolan. PLus, their in a very weak division.

Tony Ugoh will probably start at LT for a team that's OL is built off of late round picks (and whenever one player gets hurt, a bench player comes in and plays well).

Brady Quinn might start for the Browns, but they'll still probably have a top 10 pick.

I'm not saying Quinn himself was a bad pick (though most Brown fans never wanted him, and still have yet agree with the move), but if you're going to give up a first round pick to get a guy, you better be damned sure youonly need one player to turn your team around

not true, several analysts felt Quinn would be a late first at best most other years, but was considered a top QB because of a lack of underclassmen declaring, as well as guys like Stanton and Edwards struggling (Beck migt have snuck into the late first, but his age would still work against him)

Facts are 3 teams gave up firsts next year; Cleveland,San Fran, and Indy

Joe Staley will be starting at RT for a team that has made improvements every year under Nolan. PLus, their in a very weak division.

Tony Ugoh will probably start at LT for a team that's OL is built off of late round picks (and whenever one player gets hurt, a bench player comes in and plays well).

Brady Quinn might start for the Browns, but they'll still probably have a top 10 pick.

I'm not saying Quinn himself was a bad pick (though most Brown fans never wanted him, and still have yet agree with the move), but if you're going to give up a first round pick to get a guy, you better be damned sure youonly need one player to turn your team around

Not one analylist said that Quinn would be a late first round pick that I have ever read. I would like to read some of these comments.

Not one analylist said that Quinn would be a late first round pick that I have ever read. I would like to read some of these comments.

I agree with you on this. My issue with worst draft pick had nothing to do with the actual player selected. In a vacuum, I thought Quinn at 22 is a great pick.

who made the worst choice in the draft this year? I have to question the Houston Texans picking Amobi Okoye as well as the us passing on Brady Quinn(man i wish we would have got him!!!) but neither of those were the worst pick of the draft. It pains me to say this since I have family who are big fans, but the Buffalo Bills made the worst pick. they took the dreaded offensive Pac-10 player. Simply put, Marshawn Lynch is not as good as he appears. If the Buffalo Bills would take a closer look at the Pac-10 they would see that they play a style that has a lot of offense and not a whole lot of defense. Because of this style Pac-10 offensive players look better than they actually are. This happens every year and I'm surprised teams like the Buffalo Bills haven't caught on yet.

LOL. I stopped reading this crap after the sentence in bold.

Filling our biggest need, with the 2nd best, and best available at the time RB in the entire draft, was the worst pick in the draft?

You must know nothing about football, at all.

I agree with you on this. My issue with worst draft pick had nothing to do with the actual player selected. In a vacuum, I thought Quinn at 22 is a great pick.

I can undestand that, dont necessarily agree. Most would have said at 9 he was great value for us. I get your point though.

Back
Top Bottom