Worst...Fins Draft...Ever | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst...Fins Draft...Ever

he was taken....and we drafted a center......some guy with an afro...
i like satele saw him at the combine very athletic...im just a big kalil fan though what can i say i think the guy's the real deal

actually jet ur wrong, because as stated by mr mel kiper today ted ginn has been one of the few wr in this draft class to line up in front of aaron ross of texas and leon hall of michigan and blow by them as a RECEIVER so ur point is not well made and oh yeah he is also a hell of a returner:wink:

The guy has world class speed, i don't think anyone is disputing that. You have a point when you say he beat two of the best 4 corners in the draft, but again, it was only with fly routes, or off of screens. Leaving any college level corner on a guy like Ginn will be trouble, its just not the same in the NFL. His marginal catching ability will be shown as soon as you guys hit camp.

All i'm saying is he'll be good, not great (#2 receiver)

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You cant trade up if the other teams dont want or have a need to trade up. Dont you think the tried to do that. They didn't wait until the last minute to announce their pick for dramatic effect. At the end of the day he was there guy so they took him.

The only things similar about Beck and Wienke is they graduated older than the median age athlete. The have a completely different skill set. They are in no way comparable in their atributes. Just plain silly.

so what r u saying is that we wasted our # 9 pick on a kickoff guy...thats the best they could do..with 10 draft picks they couldnt find any takers..i doubt that..the redskins were looking to deal as was arizona all day ..maybe it is cause they r to cheap and waiting to save the 4th rd pick to the great trent green our savior :sidelol:

The guy has world class speed, i don't think anyone is disputing that. You have a point when you say he beat two of the best 4 corners in the draft, but again, it was only with fly routes, or off of screens. Leaving any college level corner on a guy like Ginn will be trouble, its just not the same in the NFL. His marginal catching ability will be shown as soon as you guys hit camp.

All i'm saying is he'll be good, not great (#2 receiver)
id like to come back to this thread during the season sir when teddy takes ur boy revis to the house!!!!!!:evil: lol should be a good matchup

id like to come back to this thread during the season sir when teddy takes ur boy revis to the house!!!!!!:evil: lol should be a good matchup

:) I'll be looking forward to that matchup myself.

BTW, that game in miami this past year had me about as nervous as a football game could get me.

I think the vast majority of us can agree on one thing; we were stunned when the Dolphins took Ginn. I thought that when Arizona took Levi Brown the draft gods had played us as big of a favor as we could ask for because it meant that we'd end up with Quinn. But while the press and the fans, including me, could not believe that we could pass on a potential franchise quarterback, what actually happened in the draft? Brady Quinn ended up going 22nd, and the Browns only moved up because the Chiefs MIGHT have been interested and because they knew that the Ravens were.

After we passed Quinn at 9, 12 more teams passed Quinn. While a good number of teams in that group from 10-21 have quarterbacks that they're happy with, such as the Bengals with Carson Palmer, there were teams that could've pulled the trigger on Brady Quinn if they "knew" that he is the real deal. Even though the Panthers signed David Carr during the offseason, they wouldn't have traded down from 14 if they knew they were getting a franchise qb by taking Quinn. The Packers will only have Brett Favre for so much longer, and the Favre saga may have already destroyed any chance that Aaron Rodgers will have to be a good qb in this league; if they knew that Quinn would be the real deal, why did they pass him at 16? The Jaguars have a guy who they thought would be their franchise qb in Byron Leftwich, but he's underwhelmed and gotten injured so often that their quarterback situation is in serious doubt. But the Jaguars traded out of their 17th pick, and then, when given the chance to take Quinn again at 21, passed.

I can't sit here and tell you that Brady Quinn is not going to be an excellent qb in this league. In my mind, he was as good as any qb available since Carson Palmer, and I'm still stunned about what happened with our first pick. But I do think it is time to ask whether these teams knew something that we don't. There are some very, very good personnel evaluators within the group of teams who picked after we did (Carolina comes to mind immediately) who decided that they didn't want Quinn either.

You'll notice that this post has become about Brady Quinn rather than Ted Ginn, and unfortunately that's the case because I'm still as shocked as any of you about the pick. But I don't think it's time to throw Cam and Mueller under the bus. I think that we give these draft picks time to pan out, and if they don't, then we can fairly criticize this draft. But while I wish that we could've traded down for Ginn if we wanted him, there simply wasn't anything there. The reason why the Dolphins took so long to make the pick when they knew they wanted Ginn all along is because they wanted to know if ANYONE wanted Quinn......and obviously anyone who said yes was not willing to pay what we wanted for him.

We don't know exactly what we have now with the guys we took today, but I for one am excited to have the kind of explosive playmakers in Ginn and Booker that we haven't had in years. Think about this much, people; I didn't want Ginn, either, but he will make an immediate and significant impact in the return game and can be coached up and develop as a wide receiver. He's only played wide receiver for three years, but with his 4.28 speed and past quarterback experience there are all kinds of good things we can do with him. Give him some time, and see how he develops.

If Ginn and Beck are flops, then we're in trouble. But don't forget that, whether experienced or not as a drafter, Cam put together an offense in San Diego that we can only hope to resemble sometime in the near future. Hopefully the steps we took today will be the first steps in the right direction.

Very well written and thought out.:D I for one was suprised that we didn't pick Quinn, although i think he was more a product of the media than anything else. I see him becoming an average QB in the league but not the next Tom Brady or Manning. I am also looking forward to us finally having a special player that can make field position for us as well as spreading the defense for our other players. I can finally see Chambers having that breakoout year playing in the slot when Ginn is dragging defenders down field due to the threat of him running by them, not to mention Ronnie having more running room and the TE having more space as well. As for Beck I see him as a better choice than Quinn anyway, better completion percentage, more accurate and has as good if not a better arm. Cam built an awesome offense in San Diego and I have every confidence he is starting to do the same for us.......

And for all you supposed Phinfans who are so fed up because we didn't pick the guy you wanted and are threatening to root for another team or hoping Ginn gets injured in our first game (as I have read in some other posts) don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. We don't want or need fans like you anyway

GO PHINS!!!

Can't they just merge all these hate threads? I know I was upset initially over Quinn not understanding why at first, but when I thought about it and watched Quinn slip, I knew that Cam and co. had to know SOMETHING that we don't. Hell, just about the rest of the NFL did. It almost seemed like Cleveland just about made a sympathy trade for Quinn. Something ain't right there. From what I heard, for the Fins it came down to the fact that Quinn wasn't too far removed from Beck, Stanton, Edwards talent-wise and we felt it wasn't wise to pay an extra $20 mil for a QB not much better than a 2nd rounder. If that's their philosophy, then I agree. Heck, we have 10 picks total with a real shot to overhaul and get something decent going here. Let's reserve judgment until the season starts. I'm for one excited just having a coach that actually has his heart in the right place for once and won't break ours.

Back
Top Bottom