Worst...Fins Draft...Ever | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst...Fins Draft...Ever

I'm very displeased with the 1st and 2nd round selections. But not because I'm upset that we didn't get Brady Quinn. I'm not even a Quinn advocate. I just thought we could've have gotten better value at both picks than we did. Especially at number 9. I'm not going to stop being a phinphan or go start rooting for the Patriots or anything. I'm just not going to be overly optimistic about the upcoming season.

Well said and I agree with you...and it appears with the booing...many other Dolphin fans do too. I've been watching the Dolphins drafts for many years...and I can't remember any pick getting boo'd as the pick of Ginn.

Actually your the idiot who needs to be corrected. Hes not saying he hates the dolphins so dont tell him to cheer for another team when he has damn good reason to disagree with them...

Some dolphin fans need to wake up and stop trying to be overly optimistic and admit cam got worked in his first NFL draft, and tried to outthink guys who've been doing it for years.

He took ginn the way colleges sign bbooster players (kids of former alumni who really aren't good) because of his personal relationship with ginns family.

Screw that, we're the laughing stock of the league, and we drafted like we we're working real hard on having the worst draft in the nfl.

GINN IS A PUNT RETURNER. HE ONLY RAN 3 ROUTES AT OHIO STATE. 3. HE IS ANOTHER TROY WILLIAMSON. BEST CASE SCENARIO, DANTE HALL. CAM EVEN INTRODUCED HIM AS A PUNT RETURNER NOT A RECIEVER.

Lorenzo booker 3rd round? isn't rb our deepest position?

WE COULDA HAD QUINN AND JARRETT INSTEAD OF BECK AND GINN.

EVEN SPEILMAN HIT THE JACKPOT WITH THE 7TH PICK FOR MINNY (PETERSON), AND OUR PICK WAS EVEN EASIER.

Beck is overrated massively. He only played 2 ranked teams last year, and choked bad in one of those games.

I'm not a Ted Ginn fan, and actually feel we reached in grabbing him at #9 but that being said I never understood the fascination with Quinn. Honestly, i think you need to have watched Beck play a bit before making the comparisons. I'm doubting many have unless you are in the North West. Arm strengths are about equal, although i think Beck's is underrated. I love Beck's accuracy and his toughness. He is also a good character guy and smart. Quinn is smart, good character guy but i wasn't impressed with his accuracy. (now, i do admit to not watching him play a ton, but the amount ND was on TV i feel like i saw enough to draw some opinions on it).
Finally, one of the newspaper articles summed it up beautifully. Here are guys who have had a hand in the drafting, developing and coaching of some great qb's, (Brees, and Green come to mind), and we are all yelling and screaming about it being the worst draft ever. How bout everyone just wait and see. If i own a franchise i'm pretty sure i'm picking Mueller and Cameron over the dude working at 7-11, (even if he reads all the articles about the draft and is on the message board ten times a day).

Well said and I agree with you...and it appears with the booing...many other Dolphin fans do too. I've been watching the Dolphins drafts for many years...and I can't remember any pick getting boo'd as the pick of Ginn.

Amen brother.

Dude I can give 2 ****$ what Weiss says, the guy produced....There is not a NFL analysis outside the Dolphins draft room that thought this was a good pick, guys that know much more than myself are besides themselves.

As far as Ginn, his College coach calling him a pretty good reciever is not exactly a ringing endorsement. We could have gotten Danta Hall, a proven NFL returner, for much cheaper if that is all we wanted. Even if we they didn't like Quinn, why stretch for a dead beat kick returner. We could have gottan a franchise DL?

Tired of this losing...Lowpoint of being a fins fan.

THEN WAIT UNTILL WE START LOSING BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE!!!!!

This place is full of negative people. What if Ginn turns out to be a Steve Smith type of player? What criticism will there be next? Did Hester not single handedly win games for the Bears? Some people just come in here B*#$ing and moaning like its the end of the world. No one has even seen these guys take a snap in the NFL and yet the world is going to end for them. Does anyone realize Ginn means better field position which = less yards to reach endzone?

Don't be too quick to judge. I was shocked we passed on Quinn also. I was in awe. But you gotta man up and stop complaining.

Go Fins! :up:

Yeah Pete they seem to have your mindset, draft on popular opinion alone.:shakeno:

I think the vast majority of us can agree on one thing; we were stunned when the Dolphins took Ginn. I thought that when Arizona took Levi Brown the draft gods had played us as big of a favor as we could ask for because it meant that we'd end up with Quinn. But while the press and the fans, including me, could not believe that we could pass on a potential franchise quarterback, what actually happened in the draft? Brady Quinn ended up going 22nd, and the Browns only moved up because the Chiefs MIGHT have been interested and because they knew that the Ravens were.

After we passed Quinn at 9, 12 more teams passed Quinn. While a good number of teams in that group from 10-21 have quarterbacks that they're happy with, such as the Bengals with Carson Palmer, there were teams that could've pulled the trigger on Brady Quinn if they "knew" that he is the real deal. Even though the Panthers signed David Carr during the offseason, they wouldn't have traded down from 14 if they knew they were getting a franchise qb by taking Quinn. The Packers will only have Brett Favre for so much longer, and the Favre saga may have already destroyed any chance that Aaron Rodgers will have to be a good qb in this league; if they knew that Quinn would be the real deal, why did they pass him at 16? The Jaguars have a guy who they thought would be their franchise qb in Byron Leftwich, but he's underwhelmed and gotten injured so often that their quarterback situation is in serious doubt. But the Jaguars traded out of their 17th pick, and then, when given the chance to take Quinn again at 21, passed.

I can't sit here and tell you that Brady Quinn is not going to be an excellent qb in this league. In my mind, he was as good as any qb available since Carson Palmer, and I'm still stunned about what happened with our first pick. But I do think it is time to ask whether these teams knew something that we don't. There are some very, very good personnel evaluators within the group of teams who picked after we did (Carolina comes to mind immediately) who decided that they didn't want Quinn either.

You'll notice that this post has become about Brady Quinn rather than Ted Ginn, and unfortunately that's the case because I'm still as shocked as any of you about the pick. But I don't think it's time to throw Cam and Mueller under the bus. I think that we give these draft picks time to pan out, and if they don't, then we can fairly criticize this draft. But while I wish that we could've traded down for Ginn if we wanted him, there simply wasn't anything there. The reason why the Dolphins took so long to make the pick when they knew they wanted Ginn all along is because they wanted to know if ANYONE wanted Quinn......and obviously anyone who said yes was not willing to pay what we wanted for him.

We don't know exactly what we have now with the guys we took today, but I for one am excited to have the kind of explosive playmakers in Ginn and Booker that we haven't had in years. Think about this much, people; I didn't want Ginn, either, but he will make an immediate and significant impact in the return game and can be coached up and develop as a wide receiver. He's only played wide receiver for three years, but with his 4.28 speed and past quarterback experience there are all kinds of good things we can do with him. Give him some time, and see how he develops.

If Ginn and Beck are flops, then we're in trouble. But don't forget that, whether experienced or not as a drafter, Cam put together an offense in San Diego that we can only hope to resemble sometime in the near future. Hopefully the steps we took today will be the first steps in the right direction.

As far as the first round, this is right up there as one of the worst - there were better players than a return man. I can live with Beck at 40 and like the last two.

Dude I can give 2 ****$ what Weiss says, the guy produced....There is not a NFL analysis outside the Dolphins draft room that thought this was a good pick, guys that know much more than myself are besides themselves.

As far as Ginn, his College coach calling him a pretty good reciever is not exactly a ringing endorsement. We could have gotten Danta Hall, a proven NFL returner, for much cheaper if that is all we wanted. Even if we they didn't like Quinn, why stretch for a dead beat kick returner. We could have gottan a franchise DL?

Tired of this losing...Lowpoint of being a fins fan.
It just drives me crazy to read ignorant people who just post on here without thinking. Its flabbergasting to read this, a dead beat kick returner?????come on man the guy hasnt played a down for us yet...he has world class speed can u give em a chance??? he might actually wow you with his talent..cause thats one thing hes full of talent...please man give the guy a chance to put on a fin jersey before you call him a deadbeat..wow ridiculous statement:shakeno:

Sounds like a bunch of little girls in this thread crying over something they have NO control of. :boohoo: I'm not mad at any of these picks! I did want Ryan Khali (sp?) in the 2nd...damn those panthers. I'm DOLPHIN fan for life no matter who we draft.

It just drives me crazy to read ignorant people who just post on here without thinking. Its flabbergasting to read this, a dead beat kick returner?????come on man the guy hasnt played a down for us yet...he has world class speed can u give em a chance??? he might actually wow you with his talent..cause thats one thing hes full of talent...please man give the guy a chance to put on a fin jersey before you call him a deadbeat..wow ridiculous statement:shakeno:

I agree, Im glad to see real fans showing support.:cooldude:

He took ginn the way colleges sign bbooster players (kids of former alumni who really aren't good) because of his personal relationship with ginns family.

Can you expand on this further? Cameron/Mueller has a relationship with Ginn's family?

we made many mistakes today...if they didnt want quinn at 9 then why not trade the pick and maybe pick 15 or 16..i bet ginn would of still been there..what a mess they made...a return man is picked with your 1st overall pick, this guy has dante hall written all over him...it is funny cause a few weeks ago about 75 % of phins fans in here were crying out loud saying no to ted ginn and now all of sudden there r like ginn lvoers everywhere its amazing..show your colors every 1 it is ok to disagree in here...as far as the beck pick goes that is awfull..a 26 yr old rookie reminds me of weinke and at 40 edwards was still there..?? doesnt make sense and oh yeah godo luck beating out lemon for the 2 spot i seriously doubt we wil lever see beck play a meaning full game for this team...we didnt even make a attempt to get kali from usc...r u kidding..and booker is nice but in the 3 rd ..im sure they could of got him in the 4th..we could use a safety or maybe de but heck i give up at this point...i will quote the miami herald as they said the honeymoon is over for randy and cam...and btw when 7,000 fans boo and put there thumbs down and chant brady over and over that is not a good omen for the '07 season...

Sounds like a bunch of little girls in this thread crying over something they have NO control of. :boohoo: I'm not mad at any of these picks! I did want Ryan Khali (sp?) in the 2nd...damn those panthers. I'm DOLPHIN fan for life no matter who we draft.
just because you have no control over it does not mean you can't express your feeling on the matter...thats what these lovely threads are for friend. I dont think this is the worst draft ever...but I think we let "Brees"(Quinn) get away again.

right there with u man....i was sweating out the whole second round waiting and hoping for kalil and dammitt the panthers just broke my heart i must admit i was pretty pissed off at that point:fire:

Back
Top Bottom