worst nfl players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst nfl players

DaBills4life said:
The worst draft pick in NFL history was Tim Couch #1 overall. Tim Couch was bad enough to get this honor, but the fact that McNabb was taken #2 that year made the pick even worse.

Oh no, Cryin Ryan Leaf was way worse. At least Couch's demise could be partially blamed on an inury. Well actually so could Leaf- He obviously pulled the brain mucsle attached to his mouth...:goof:

bwallen said:
name the worst NFL players that were a big flop when they made it to the pros.ryan leaf QB the lineman that played in green bay i think stared with a m .and miami running game between larry c to rickey w.:dolphins:

You're talking about Tony Mandarich. Yes, he was a huge hype turned even bigger disappointment.

Here's another bad one: David Klingler. Mr. Run n Shoot, big college stats. Flopped in the NFL. Andre Ware was another one.

Perfect23 said:
Dvid Boston,Jeff George,Ki-Jana Carter,larry Eanes.

David Boston?

Wipe the paint chips off your nostrils. He had some phenomenal years in Arizona, and one pretty good one with San Diego. Injuries have slowed his career severely the last two years, but how in the hell does he deserve to be on this list? This is a list of people who tanked, not people who, even if for one moment, had phenomenal seasons.

Jaj said:
David Boston? Jeff George? I can think of way worse busts than those guys...

How about Andre Wadsworth?

Boston wasn't a "bust" to begin with, he had 1598 receiving yards one year.

Since leaving Arizona for San Diego and Miami acquiring him, injuries have largely killed his career.

Jaj said:
David Boston? Jeff George? I can think of way worse busts than those guys...

How about Andre Wadsworth?

Worst bust list ever..

Boston already explained..

George had a career 80.4 rating. He had head problems, but could throw the rock. He had 154 Tds, I hardly call that a bust.

Wadsworth has been a bust so far..

is it fair to label a player who got hurt from the moment he stepped on an NFL practice field and never really recovered a "bust?"

to me, a bust is a player who got a fair and healthy chance to compete on game days and couldn't perform... I'd strike yatil green and andre wadsworth from that category

PressCoverage said:
Keith McCants, Tampa Bay LB out of Alabama...
yes. no one really talks about him as being a bust, but he was as big as they come. i like that he didn't know if the bucs were in the AFC or NFC

DaBills4life said:
The worst draft pick in NFL history was Tim Couch #1 overall. Tim Couch was bad enough to get this honor, but the fact that McNabb was taken #2 that year made the pick even worse.
couch wasn't even THAT bad...akili smith was far worse

Mike Mamula wowed the eagles at the combine but flat out sucked on the field but Aundrey Bruce is a personal favorite of mine
The Atlanta Falcons chose linebacker Aundray Bruce with the first overall pick in the 1988 draft. The Auburn linebacker had been the most dominating defensive player in college football for three years, and was being called the next Lawrence Taylor before LT had even got half-way through his stellar career.
Aundray Bruce started just 42 games in an 11-year career, and was released by Atlanta after four seasons with the team. Bruce was picked up by the Raiders as an Al Davis reclamation project, but the fact that they spent much of the last three years of his career attempting to convert him to tight end says a lot about how far he had fallen by then.
Theres a pretty good top ten here http://www.nfluk.com/features/features-topten-display.php?id=440

cltchperf said:
how bout mullet man, Brian Bosworth. He had a ton of hype, but he didn't do much. He's pretty famous in that highlight with Bo Jackson plowing him over into the endzone.

To be fair to Boz his career was derailed by arthritic shoulders.

To be a bust in my opinion, you have to have failed for no other reason then your inability to grasp the NFL game and improve.

I think, if your career was drastically affected by injuries you get a pass (Boz, Ki-Jana Carter, players of that ilk were stopped because of inury).

Players like Ryan Leaf (biggest bust ever in my opinion...take a look at what the Chargers gave up to move up and get him), David Klingler, Andre Ware, Andre Wadsworth, Audray Bruce, Bruce Pickens (among hundreds of others) are flat out busts.

It just shows how much a crapshoot the NFL draft can be.

Back
Top Bottom